Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shane2

What Is Your Favourite Track?

What's your Favourite Track  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favourite Track

• Albert Park, Australia
    • Sepang, Malaysia
    • Bahrain
    • Circuit De Catalunya, Spain
    • Monte Carlo, Monaco
    • Montreal, Canada
    • Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USA
    • Magny Cours, France
    • Silverstone, Great Britain
    • Nurburgring, Gernamy
    • Hungaroring, Hungary
    • Istanbul Park, Turkey
    • Monza, Italy
    • Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
    • Fuji, Japan
    • Shanghai, China
    • Interlagos, Brazil

Its a shame hockenheim was bumped off, its one of the few tracks left where it still is relatively easy to pass

Spa.

Its easier to decide what track I dislike the most though... Indy. Worst Track Ever.

Indy is a great circuit. Firstly it's one of the most legendary in the sport but also that banking is like nothing else in F1.

The banking is OK, but the rest of the infield is pretty turgid, just a series of slow mickey mouse hairpins. They could have done a lot better IMO

*opens another vote for worst circuit*

Silverstone is an OK circuit, but now they are on V8 engines, most of the corners are full throttle, and that has kinda killed it as an overtaking circuit

I missed out Monaco as one of my faves! Whoops!

the 'stone is alright but not that interesting!

They're making modifications to the bus stop chicane, and the paddock. I don't know what they're doing to the chicane, lets just hope they're re-thinking the crappy mod they made to it in 2004

For me, my favourite to drive in the simulators is Imola. It might not be the best race to watch but it is awesome to drive. I can't believe they ruined Variante Alta though. Oh yeah, it also has the best corner names, Tamburello, Villeneuve, Tosa, Piratella, Aqua Minerali, Variante Alta, Rivazza and Variante Bassa.

Look at the corners on a track like Nurburgring, Coca Cola, RTL, Dunlop.

How tasteless.

Nurburgring was pretty much a corporate hack-job designed in part by Schumacher

Spa. But there are some great circuits not on the calendar. Road America, Brands Hatch, Montjuich Park. Any suggestions?

I would personally like to see Laguna Seca get a grand prix, and we definately need suzuka back. It would be nice to see Brands Hatch, but I don't know a lot about the other 2 circuits

Spa. But there are some great circuits not on the calendar. Road America, Brands Hatch, Montjuich Park. Any suggestions?

- Montjuich was one of the best street circuits there ever was, comparable to Monaco, less the Grimaldi, I think today it could be much better organized to avoid accidents.

- Rouen, the original circuit. I don't know if it would be as fun today, but the pic of Fangio on that circuit (some member here has a painting rendering that scene) makes me yearn to see some racing there. It was very challenging at the time.

- Kyalami and Zandvoort are obvious choices.

- Of the american circuits I find the best was Watkins Glen, perhaps because it was the first american circuit I saw.

- Bring back Suzuka!! Stupid marketing issues should not make F1 drop their best circuits for a few bucks more they don't even need anyways. Greedy SOBs.

- Montjuich was one of the best street circuits there ever was, comparable to Monaco, less the Grimaldi, I think today it could be much better organized to avoid accidents.

- Rouen, the original circuit. I don't know if it would be as fun today, but the pic of Fangio on that circuit (some member here has a painting rendering that scene) makes me yearn to see some racing there. It was very challenging at the time.

- Kyalami and Zandvoort are obvious choices.

- Of the american circuits I find the best was Watkins Glen, perhaps because it was the first american circuit I saw.

- Bring back Suzuka!! Stupid marketing issues should not make F1 drop their best circuits for a few bucks more they don't even need anyways. Greedy SOBs.

Completely agree!!!

I would personally like to see Laguna Seca get a grand prix, and we definately need suzuka back. It would be nice to see Brands Hatch, but I don't know a lot about the other 2 circuits

Road America is currently on the ChampCar and, I think, ALMS series. If you can catch either one of those you should, just to see the track. Talking American tracks, I would like to see Portland or Laguna Seca (mostly because it's a drivable destination for me).

Montjuich Park was a street circuit in Barcelona, Spain. I have this track for the sim 'Grand Prix Legends' and it is an excellent track. Here's a link to the GPL version with some info on the track:

http://montjuich.speedgeezers.com/

Australia has the best looking track scenery on the calander but not the best Track.And personaly Spa aint that good.The only good corner is going up the hill in turn 3 thats it the rest is boring!But saying that the races are always good.

My order gose

China

Malaysian

Belgium

Nurburgring

Australia