Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Spyker Will Protest Customer Cars

Stewards reject Spyker protest

The row over customer cars that has simmered throughout the winter came to a head at Albert Park on Saturday afternoon when Spyker lodged an official protest against rival team Super Aguri.

The news, which was trailed by ITV-F1 commentator James Allen on Saturday

I think the Aguri will stand the test, sour grapes..............

Agreed I can't see any action, but it is a shame that, once again the sport is being dominated by politics.

Agreed I can't see any action, but it is a shame that, once again the sport is being dominated by politics.

Politics have been a part of F1 almost from the begining, that's one thing that will never change.

As long as Sato drives cleanly I may just become a big fan of him again and Aguri :eusa_think:

Steve Matchett said that the mono. is different enough to pass as a different build regardless what the body looks like and he has his ear to the tarmack..........

True, at least it isn't affecting the actual racing which is a bonus. Spyker really need to build a better car instead of complaining about everyone elses IMO.

I have always liked Sato's flair, but I have also always thought he needs to calm himself down a bit. Hopefully he can turn in some good performances and fully justify his continued place on the grid.

True, at least it isn't affecting the actual racing which is a bonus. Spyker really need to build a better car instead of complaining about everyone elses IMO.

I have always liked Sato's flair, but I have also always thought he needs to calm himself down a bit. Hopefully he can turn in some good performances and fully justify his continued place on the grid.

Sato deserves some hype for he has been underrated for so many years. It will be sad, though, if he starts to deliver consistent good drives. Gonna miss the comic relief of his antics! :lol:

It must be hard for a cash strapped team who are relying on their own limited technical input and facilities to see a team who they rivals with in the autumn being handed a great car on a platter. There is something not right and quite unsporting about that, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, if a team is on the up, gains more money and better resource through sponsorship etc it is only right that they should progress with a better car a la BMW Sauber, for example.

Super Aguri are shagging a beautiful girl on the first date without having to work for it.

Fair point I suppose, they're gonna be in for a major tough time in 2008 when it all becomes legal

It must be hard for a cash strapped team who are relying on their own limited technical input and facilities to see a team who they rivals with in the autumn being handed a great car on a platter. There is something not right and quite unsporting about that, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, if a team is on the up, gains more money and better resource through sponsorship etc it is only right that they should progress with a better car a la BMW Sauber, for example.

Super Aguri are shagging a beautiful girl on the first date without having to work for it.

Fair, but back when you were kids or even before F1 was made up of teams racing the same cassis as other teams and alot of them were running the same engine. I didn't mind then and I don't mind now...............

Fair, but back when you were kids or even before F1 was made up of teams racing the same cassis as other teams and alot of them were running the same engine. I didn't mind then and I don't mind now...............

You're talking about a time when the likes of the Cosworth DFV was widely and almost exclusively used but almost in the same way the teams exclusively use Bridgestone tyres now. A time when teams would help each other out with parts just so they could all go racing together, just for the love of the sport. The activities of Super Aguri and Red Bull smack of under handedness. Not only that but the rules categorically outlaw any such activity until next year. Forgetting the loopholes like 'Red Bull Technologies' etc, this is not sporting.

The teams complaining about them are the teams that are resigning themselves to a tough season down the bottom of the pack and are not happy that Augri may not struggle as bad. F1 needs as many competitive teams as possible whatever the means.

The teams complaining about them are the teams that are resigning themselves to a tough season down the bottom of the pack and are not happy that Augri may not struggle as bad. F1 needs as many competitive teams as possible whatever the means.

Just because say, McLaren or Renault are not complaining, does not mean that they don't disagree with what is going on. Obviously it's just that the teams who are most likely to be affected who will object. The grandees won't waste their time with something that isn't their concern. Then of course, everyone accuses Spyker of complaining unfairly and for the wrong reasons. I would love to hear a pitlane concensus.

Quite why Spyker did not pursue the same complaint against Toro Rosso, using a version of Red Bull's RB3 contender this year, is unknown.

That former Toyota idiot is on TV now saying they had to protest by 4pm Thursday to have it heard, but SA didn't release the car until that time, which is a load of crap they'd shown it on Wednesday!

Agreed. They'll get away with it because most sentimental romantics want to see the boy get the girl even more when she's out of his league....

F1: Spyker Moving Ahead With Legal Action

The Spyker team has begun arbitration proceedings against Super Aguri and Toro Rosso over the use of customer cars in Formula 1.

The Dutch-owner former Midland team protested Super Aguri after qualifying at the Australian Grand Prix last weekend, but the race stewards ruled that they could not judge on the customer car issue because it was a Concorde Agreement matter. Now, the team is preparing to have both Super Aguri and Rorro Rosso served with court papers within the next few days to notify them officially that legal action is underway. The matter will be heard by the Chamber of Commerce in Lausanne, which rules on all disputes involving F1

I think that Spyker and Williams has the right to protest. If you think about, a team with limited budget like spyker can design their own chasis, then why can't other teams.

But the main thing is that, it's illegal to have customer chasis.

Agreed. They'll get away with it because most sentimental romantics want to see the boy get the girl even more when she's out of his league....

Does this girl realise that the boy is a fraud, a cheat, a eunuch? I pity the girl. This boy will inflict his menace on the female population until there are no pretty girls left, anywhere.

*dribbler spots mrs dribbler; "Is it time for my tablet yet dear?"*

:clap3:

Good for them I say!!!

Spyker are shagging a dodgy bird but no one has noticed or gives a sh!t about that.

STR and Super Aguri, and Red Bull, are cheating. They are flouting the rules. I'm on Spyker's side even though I think Kolles is a pillock.

STR and Super Aguri, and Red Bull, are cheating. They are flouting the rules. I'm on Spyker's side even though I think Kolles is a pillock.

To be fair Red Bull arnt cheating. While officially the RB3 was designed by Red Bull Technologies we all know it was designed by Red Bull Racing.

Under a technicality they are also getting the car made for them by Red Bull Technology, but as the car is being designed for the works team, nobody's gonna protest it.

i'm happy to have 11 teams on the grid but as long as they're using someone else's chassis, Aguri & STR should not be allowed constructors points

There is something I don't understand:

How do you guys tell apart STR&SA's cheaters-they-should-be-punished from Schumi's cheater-he-was-great-and-bent-the-rules-from-sheer-will-to-win-at-all-costs?

Just a thought.