Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

A Puma's Musings Pre-oz

OK, a few random thoughts that I thought I'd address in one post rather than three or four.

1) Ferrari is now Ferrari! The red colour is finally what I consider a Ferrari red and the teams' jumpsuits, with the Italian flag stripes look fantastic.

2) Hammy. Well, not pole position, but a good showing at his first GP. Two tenths or so away from Alonso. Good job!

3) Teammates: Interesting to see who is topping their teammates so far. Sutil above Albers. Sato above Davidson. Webber above DC. Speed above Liuzzi. I take special note of Sutil and Speed; two drivers that I predicted would do well this season and they're off to a flying start.

4) SA. Very nice. A thought or two on those who think it's an illegal chassis. It isn't. The team bought the intellectual property to the old Arrows chassis and ran that last year legally. This year they appear to have bought the intellectual property of the '06 Honda chassis and are, likewise, LEGALLY running it. Their defense should hold up nicely in any FIA court. Also consider that SA has top-notch F1 talent from Ferrari, Arrows and McLaren. These guys are good.

5) Honda. Oh dear.

6) Renault seem to be missing Alonso already.

7) Kimi. Damned fine pole lap.

Alright, that's it so far and I gotta go as the race is already underway!!

You're so lucky you don't have to put up with all the bleeding hamilton press...

Well good race and terific start for Hamilton.

As for Renault, deja vu, when Renault lost Prost and benetton Schumacher.

If Fisi's performance is any indication of things to come, Renault right now can't even touch BMW.

Well good race and terific start for Hamilton.

As for Renault, deja vu, when Renault lost Prost and benetton Schumacher.

If Fisi's performance is any indication of things to come, Renault right now can't even touch BMW.

I still have hope, they weren't so far behind. I hope Heikki will improve (and he better improves FAST!)

I still have hope, they weren't so far behind. I hope Heikki will improve (and he better improves FAST!)

:byebye:

If Renault is gonna be a middle pack car...they should trow Fisichella away...put Piquet Jr in the car and let this season to be a complete year for learning (even the car with Bridgestone).

If Renault is gonna be a middle pack car...they should trow Fisichella away...put Piquet Jr in the car and let this season to be a complete year for learning (even the car with Bridgestone).

That's not a bad idea, actually!

Don't give up hope yet ecap the season is young. However I do like your suggestion of getting rid of Fisi :P

Come the end of the season, I think renault will like it as well.

A good idea. Let's hope Renault Kova improve.

As for Fisi, wasn't he 2 seconds per lap slower than alonso last year ?!

F. Briatore comfirms my words.

Renault chief Flavio Briatore admitted on Sunday to missing World Champion Fernando Alonso who witched to McLaren over the winter. Alonso today finished 7.2 seconds behind winner Kimi Raikkonen.

The best Renault runner, Alonso's former team-mate Giancarlo Fisichella, crossed the chequered flag one minute later, leading Briatore to recall 1996 when back to back world champion Michael Schumacher switched from Benetton to Ferrari.

"In the same way that I missed Michael then, now I miss Fernando," the Italian Team Principal said. To the newspaper Welt, he admitted that the loss of the Spaniard has cost Renault about half a second per lap.

F1 Live /Welt

Renault chief Flavio Briatore admitted on Sunday to missing World Champion Fernando Alonso who witched to McLaren over the winter. Alonso today finished 7.2 seconds behind winner Kimi Raikkonen.

The best Renault runner, Alonso's former team-mate Giancarlo Fisichella, crossed the chequered flag one minute later, leading Briatore to recall 1996 when back to back world champion Michael Schumacher switched from Benetton to Ferrari.

"In the same way that I missed Michael then, now I miss Fernando," the Italian Team Principal said. To the newspaper Welt, he admitted that the loss of the Spaniard has cost Renault about half a second per lap.

F1 Live /Welt

I hate Flavio. How is that going to make Fisi and Kovy feel, when they read that?

Well he cheered for them until today and when that didn't work he just said the truth/what he belives to be the truth. In some way I expected this would happen. Even when Alonso won and destroyed the field, Fisi only had mediocre performances like today (even when he had a newer engine evolution).

F1 Live /Welt

It's going to cost them alot more than that. It will cost them both championships. I hate to say 'I told you so' but, well, I told you so :D

As for HK, he won't improve dramatically as I see it, so the sooner he's replaced by Piquet Jr. the better.

It's going to cost them alot more than that. It will cost them both championships. I hate to say 'I told you so' but, well, I told you so :D

As for HK, he won't improve dramatically as I see it, so the sooner he's replaced by Piquet Jr. the better.

Unfortunatelly I belive you are right. However Reanult have their ups and downs in their 30 years in F1.

And have Flavio lost his touch when it comes to drivers ?!

Were Schumacher and Alonso just dumb luck for him ?!

its just 1 race, give him a chance!

I think Renault is missing Michelin mora tna FA!! The Renaults are still reliable good cars but the new marriage with Bridge tyres is a little more difficult for them... we can say "they are knowing each other".

Heiki K suffer with the lack of grip and his wish go flat; on the other side Fisi made a tipical Fisi race trying to finish without taking risks.

I

I think Renault is missing Michelin mora tna FA!! The Renaults are still reliable good cars but the new marriage with Bridge tyres is a little more difficult for them... we can say "they are knowing each other".

Heiki K suffer with the lack of grip and his wish go flat; on the other side Fisi made a tipical Fisi race trying to finish without taking risks.

I