Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Who Is Gonna Do Great This Season?

Who is gonna do good this season?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will do good in F1 2007?

• Fernando Alonso
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Felipe Massa
    • Kimi Raikonnen
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Robert Kubica
    • Giancarlo Fisichella
    • Heikki Kovalainen
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Alex Wurz
    • Ralf Schumacher
    • Jarno Trulli
    • Jenson Button
    • Rubens Barrichello
    • Takuma Sato
    • Anthony Davidson
    • David Coulthard
    • Mark Webber
    • Vitantonio Liuzzi
    • Soctt Speed
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Christian Albers

It helps if there's more than 1 option :P

Depends on what you mean though. Plenty of guys will do good without winning a championship. I think Hamilton will do real good without winning a championship and likewise some of the back-markers will do good considering the cars they are in. I picked Hamilton - he'll do good.

Out of expectation VS results my vote goes for hamilton, I think he is gonna be a lot stronger than everyone predicted

Out of expectation VS results my vote goes for hamilton, I think he is gonna be a lot stronger than everyone predicted

After watching the McLaren documentary and the race, I concur - Hamilton has another fan! :)

Alonso is definitely the best driver, Ferrari at the current moment in time is definitely the best Car...

Its between Kimi & Fernando for the title. But we all pretty much knew that before Australia anyhow.

it's hard to go past kimi right now. i doubt mclaren will be able to get near kimi, he absolutely dominated melbourne and probably could have lapped most of the field if he really put his foot down.

I think the Ferrari was a bit marginal on cooling judging by what the pit boards where telling Kimi, and apparently the gearbox is a little bit shock sensitive. The car is fast, but if it is fragile, that will really show in Malaysia. Something I expect ferrari to fix pretty quickly though

The car is fast, but if it is fragile, that will really show in Malaysia. Something I expect ferrari to fix pretty quickly though

Yup, that's why i'm going out on a limb to say that Lewis will win in Malaysia. He's as fit as a fiddle.

I must say that would be a surprise, but it would be amazing to see

Alonso went from 7th to 2nd last year, so he should be strong again. mind you he's strong pretty much everywhere. Lets not get expectations too high with Hamilton, it will only lead to disappointment!

If he gets a win, it will be a great achievement for him. A WDC challenge, unlikely, but the reason I chose him is that I think he will do a lot better than what was predicted for him

Alonso- race winner, title contender

Hamilton- rookie of the year, could win a race

Massa- race winner, title contender

Kimi- race winner, probably the WDC

Kubica- potential race winner, will beat Nick

And Super Aguri will do well for their budget.

It will definately be between Alson and Raikonen for the title. Hamilton should do quite good as well and hopefully win a race or too.

I think the Ferrari was a bit marginal on cooling judging by what the pit boards where telling Kimi, and apparently the gearbox is a little bit shock sensitive. The car is fast, but if it is fragile, that will really show in Malaysia. Something I expect ferrari to fix pretty quickly though

Malaysia gets pretty hot (anyone have a tentative weather report?) but if Kimi or Massa grabs pole, and leads the race, their cooling issues won't be a major problem. They'll have clean air to run in that should help them out tremendously. As for the gearbox, well, the track is somewhat smooth isn't it? Also there aren't many corners where you run hard on the kurbing so the gearbox should be ok.

I see a virtual repeat of Oz with the exception that Massa will be second and one of the McLaren boys will be third. BMW and Icle Nicky stand a good chance at being best-of-the-rest.

What I meant was the car's cooling systems where marginal. Running in cool air wouldn't make a huge difference really, and cool air is a bit of an iffy statement when that air is around 40 celsius

What I meant was the car's cooling systems where marginal. Running in cool air wouldn't make a huge difference really, and cool air is a bit of an iffy statement when that air is around 40 celsius

Of course it would. The cars are built to utilze the ambient air to cool the engine compartment. Ferrari have the fins and a third 'exhaust' outlet on the back of thier car for just this purpose. You underestimate the amount of hot air the car eliminates around the engine just by blowing the ambient air through the chassis.

Look at Monaco '06 if you want a case-study of what the lack of cooling air in the engine compartment can bring.