Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shane2

What Is The Worst Circuit?

What one do you dislike the most?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Answers please

• Albert Park, Australia
    • Sepang, Malaysia
    • Bahrain
    • Circuit De Catalunya, Spain
    • Monte Carlo, Monaco
    • Montreal, Canada
    • Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USA
    • Magny Cours, France
    • Silverstone, Great Britain
    • Nurburgring, Gernamy
    • Hungaroring, Hungary
    • Istanbul Park, Turkey
    • Monza, Italy
    • Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
    • Fuji, Japan
    • Shanghai, China
    • Interlagos, Brazil
    • Imola, San Marino
    • Hockenheim, Germany

What's the problem with banking? On the F1 calander, it's a rather unique aspect, but I can't believe that you would downgrade Indy for having it. In fact, it's an interesting technical challenge for teams to face, which may allow a otherwise lower ranked squad to gain some much need points by being clever, instead of merely rich.

By the way, Indy is great for those actually attending the race because, from the right seats, you can usually see most of the track. I've never been to any other track, but I've heard, in particular from some Canadians, that this is usually not the case.

Also, there are still plenty of good seats available for not much money. With the adventageous rate of the dollar against the euro, I would think that most of you across the pond could make a visit to the heart of American motor racing into a nice little holiday.

I don't think that the problem with Indy is the banking, it's the crappy infield section of the track that most people don't like.

I don't think that the problem with Indy is the banking, it's the crappy infield section of the track that most people don't like.

Absolutely. The only one who doesn't like the banking is Ralf!

:lol: Good point.

I read in my psyc book; that he got retrograde amnesia from that crash, and could now/never recall what happened in thse few moments of his crash...

Maybe Nurburgring and Imola of today... and Hungaroring is such a mickey mouse track but it has something unique so it should stay. I also don't like Sepang.

I take exception to the claim that Indy is not a "real F1 track." Indy was a part of the F1 calendar from the very beginning. granted, this was the 500, but the powers that be rightly considered it one of the greatest races/tracks in the world. Funny thing is, the winner of the 500 was virtually guranteed a top 7-8 finish in the points as the 500 paid championship points (hence Ferrari's interest in the 50's) The truly odd thing about Indy is that if you review the race winnings by engine manufacturer, Offenhauser is not included. Weslake and Porsche each got 1, but Offy had at least a handful until the 500 was dropped from the championship calendar. True enough, the infield section is the point of contention, but from an engineering standpoint, the engines wouldn't last 20 laps until they overheated or exploded if they ran on the oval.

I take exception to the claim that Indy is not a "real F1 track." Indy was a part of the F1 calendar from the very beginning. granted, this was the 500, but the powers that be rightly considered it one of the greatest races/tracks in the world. Funny thing is, the winner of the 500 was virtually guranteed a top 7-8 finish in the points as the 500 paid championship points (hence Ferrari's interest in the 50's) The truly odd thing about Indy is that if you review the race winnings by engine manufacturer, Offenhauser is not included. Weslake and Porsche each got 1, but Offy had at least a handful until the 500 was dropped from the championship calendar. True enough, the infield section is the point of contention, but from an engineering standpoint, the engines wouldn't last 20 laps until they overheated or exploded if they ran on the oval.

Pedro de la Rosa:

Pedro de la Rosa is a great driver and a fantastic TV commentator and I trust him more than any other F1 driver.

I'm not saying he is greater than Hamilton. :boxing:

What's the problem with banking? On the F1 calander, it's a rather unique aspect, but I can't believe that you would downgrade Indy for having it. In fact, it's an interesting technical challenge for teams to face, which may allow a otherwise lower ranked squad to gain some much need points by being clever, instead of merely rich.

By the way, Indy is great for those actually attending the race because, from the right seats, you can usually see most of the track. I've never been to any other track, but I've heard, in particular from some Canadians, that this is usually not the case.

Also, there are still plenty of good seats available for not much money. With the adventageous rate of the dollar against the euro, I would think that most of you across the pond could make a visit to the heart of American motor racing into a nice little holiday.

Hit the nail on the head. I love that flat out banked turn. I was there in 2004 to see Schumacher slam into the wall RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SEAT! One of the more awesome things that i have witnessed in my 25 years of life.

I voted Monte Carlo... this is racing on racing circuits, not cover-girl turning on a CAT WALK. you better work... turn it to the left.. WORK... now turn it to the right... WORK... sa-sha', shon-te' or some shyt like that.

After this years Monaco GP yawn fest, this polls a no brainer for me.

:o Oh come on!how can you say that?Alonso won!Remember? :P

btw,Magny Cours sucks!

Hit the nail on the head. I love that flat out banked turn. I was there in 2004 to see Schumacher slam into the wall RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY SEAT! One of the more awesome things that i have witnessed in my 25 years of life.

I voted Monte Carlo... this is racing on racing circuits, not cover-girl turning on a CAT WALK. you better work... turn it to the left.. WORK... now turn it to the right... WORK... sa-sha', shon-te' or some shyt like that.

Monte Carlo has been one of the F1 tracks that lasted for a very long time.

It is a good test on driver's precision skill, no margin of error, and consistency.

I voted Hungary, altough I recall a few great races there, especialy at rain, monaco is also boring often, I must also mention in my opinion the best track today is probably turkey, great track with a lot of overtaking oportunities, love it

Monte Carlo has been one of the F1 tracks that lasted for a very long time.

It is a good test on driver's precision skill, no margin of error, and consistency.

You could say the same about Indy's infield. But, oddly, people don't.

That is because indy's infield is not a test of driver skill at all

I say Indianapolis...for start is not even a real F1 track...I think there are some other great racing tracks in the USA.

What, pray tell, make a "real" F1 track?

U.S!!!!! isnt a 'real' track and is purposly built for f1......its a boring layout.....lack of overtaking.....not much driver skill needed....just rubbish! like many of u....i also dislike imola and hungary also not much overtaking!

To watch on TV I'd go for Monte Carlo, but it's great to watch in the flesh so I'd never axe it.

Bahrain for me. Has yet to prove itself worthy of a place on the calendar.

U.S!!!!! isnt a 'real' track and is purposly built for f1......its a boring layout.....lack of overtaking.....not much driver skill needed....just rubbish! like many of u....i also dislike imola and hungary also not much overtaking!

Real track? I suppose that's notwithstanding the, oh, 100 years of motor racing that's taken place there, not to mention a dozen or so years as a championship points earning event. How long has Indianapolis been in F1? From 1950 until 1960 and then from 2000 until today. That's 17 years.

Shanghai and Bahrain and Turkey aren't real tracks either, I suppose, their being built specifically to attract F1.

And Monaco, beloved Monaco. When's the last time you saw a pass there?

And, I think Pedro de la Rosa's words bear repeating, if, for no other reason, that he has driven in F1 and you haven't:

Pedro de la Rosa

To watch on TV I'd go for Monte Carlo, but it's great to watch in the flesh so I'd never axe it.

Bahrain for me. Has yet to prove itself worthy of a place on the calendar.

Bahrian's a great track! It's long enough & has a fair few tricky bends in it!

Real track? I suppose that's notwithstanding the, oh, 100 years of motor racing that's taken place there, not to mention a dozen or so years as a championship points earning event. How long has Indianapolis been in F1? From 1950 until 1960 and then from 2000 until today. That's 17 years.

Shanghai and Bahrain and Turkey aren't real tracks either, I suppose, their being built specifically to attract F1.

And Monaco, beloved Monaco. When's the last time you saw a pass there?

And, I think Pedro de la Rosa's words bear repeating, if, for no other reason, that he has driven in F1 and you haven't:

Now, could the infield use an upgrade? Without a doubt. But, is it not a real track? A laughable suggestion.

i think you're missing the point. The history of Indy motor speedway has nothing to do with it. Imola has a lot of history but no-one really cares that its gone.

I think what f1maniac meant was that Indy isnt much of a 'drivers circuit'

Bahrian's a great track! It's long enough & has a fair few tricky bends in it!

Maybe, but it just feels awfully sterile. It's a personal thing, not grounded in any cogent reasoning. Of all the race weekends it's the one I'll make least effort to stay up until the early hours to watch.