Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Ps3

Any of your Aussies, Kiwis or Europeans getting a PS3 on the 23rd?

I laid down my hard earned cash for one and pre-ordered it after playing a demo of the new F1 game. Was tossing up between a 360 and the PS3, but the F1 game clinched it for me. GameTraders in Perth is giving a free game of choice (I chose F1) plus HDMI cable for all pre-orders. Also getting 'Resistance: Fall of Man', plus Aussies get a free download of Gran Turismo: HD :)

Just a few days to wait now, but I am looking forward to some online racing. I used to enjoy playing Grand Prix Legends online years ago so hopefully a few of us here get a PS3 and F1 so we can race each other in a TF1 league :)

Wouldn't waste my money on a console, only really game on my PC

The PS3 is not an overly brilliant console anyway IMO... and it is just so expensive

I think the PS3 with the blue ray is bargain. I don't know about other countries, but here in the US. Blue Ray player cost around $1,000. So if you're getting a PS3, you're getting a game station and a blue ray player for $600 which is a bargain for me. I heard that the new F1 game will be from the same maker of Gran Turismo so I think it's going to be exciting. The bad thing about the PS3 is that it just doesn't have that much games.

Does anyone else think the new PS3 looks like the George Foreman Grill.

sony-announces-ps3-setbacks-20060906111737962.jpg

lmao it does aswell :clap3:

i doubt i'll be getting it, far too expensive, i'd rather get an xbox 360 or a better graphics card for the PC

I was going to buy one, but I've decided to save my money for something more important.

I dont think it is that expensive for what you get, the PS2 was $750 when it was launched here years ago, so the PS3 is around $250 more than the PS2 was, but the PS3 is a Blu-ray player and blu-ray players go for $1500 over here.

If you add on a bigger HDD, Xbox Live (gold), wireless network connectivity and the HD-DVD addon for the 360 it costs more than the PS3....

I dont think it is that expensive for what you get, the PS2 was $750 when it was launched here years ago, so the PS3 is around $250 more than the PS2 was, but the PS3 is a Blu-ray player and blu-ray players go for $1500 over here.

If you add on a bigger HDD, Xbox Live (gold), wireless network connectivity and the HD-DVD addon for the 360 it costs more than the PS3....

What i feel is a major fact is do you NEED the HDDVD or Blue ray player???? Are you seriously willing to buy movies on HDDVD/ BLUERAY rather than dvds(which you can watc on ure laptop also), thus i prefer to have the choice as a addon and if/when any becomes standard will buy that addon.

If blueray becomes standard i am sure a blueray addon will be realised for xbox 360. So.....

Not really likely, the 360 is made by MS and Blu-Ray is a sony standard. The 360 will always be HD-DVD.

Its a good thing Sony owns some movie studio's to push through the Blu-Ray as a standard, isn't it? :naughty:

ps3-grill.jpg

i would definately buy 1 of those!!!

i have a wife, no point in buying a console, i'd never be allowed to play it :lol:

I think the European version of PS3 has a chip or something missing. I'm not too sure. I had read about it on www.gamespot.com that the PS3 for Europe is without steroids to bring down costs. Gamespot had plenty of avid gaming editors slagging off Sony for treating Europe in a shoddy ,hand-me-down manner.

Just a question ,by the way. It seems strange that Americans buy Sony's consoles like there's no tomorrow,while the Japanese refuse to touch Microsoft's consoles with a barge-pole. That's what my perception is. I wonder how this has never been made into an issue in USA.

The Japanese are very loyal to their own companies. Nintendo and Sony always do extremely well there. I don't see why it'd be an issue though?

It's to be expected really.

---

I'm coming around to the whole PS3 thing, I think it's out in Europe tomorrow and now that it's come i'm quite envious of others going to get one.

Plus with a bit more information, i'm a little more convinced on the price.

I have a bout

The Japanese are very loyal to their own companies. Nintendo and Sony always do extremely well there. I don't see why it'd be an issue though?

I thought the Americans too would show die-hard loyalty.

I remember having read on www.gamespot.com that thousands Americans play Japanese games,it's a way of life. But the reciprocal isn't true. American games haven't found much favour in Japan.

As to it being an issue, it's nothing but a give-n-take should exist. But I guess coming out with quality games is the only way to win popularity.

I am baffled to see no one p**sed off with Sony Europe for bringing a watered down version of PS3.

Its a good thing Sony owns some movie studio's to push through the Blu-Ray as a standard, isn't it? :naughty:

Not really, sony are rip-off merchants

So today, I'm talking to a friend about PS3, and I realise some things about my finances.... So I go and get myself one at a tiny $987 :lol:

F1 is pretty good, just played online and won a few races :)

Driving in the rain is fantastic just for th elook of the rain!