Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Indian Gp

i guess this is 1st apr prank....u cant hv F1 on Mumbai-Pune Expressway...

Not on the whole thing but atleast a part of it, like what vivio3 said.

btw, Welcome vivio3, come and introduce yourself in the topic of welcome to new members in the cafe....

There's a fine line between acceptance of reality & foolish optimism.

Most of us cant see that fine line :blush:

every few days the same news item is repeated either in newspaper or on newschannel... it seems this is a paid news item by mallaya to gain some publicity and collect some funds....

every few days the same news item is repeated either in newspaper or on newschannel... it seems this is a paid news item by mallaya to gain some publicity and collect some funds....

its only the beginning of the process, expect to see some massive PR with the annoying indian media treat it like it was an alien landing, with the aliens coming to india looking for more software developers and learn cricket!!! wait and watch! I am telling you...gosh I hate Times Now, CNN-IBN, etc etc.

[quote name='stopkidding' post='187492' date='Apr 12 2007, 08:10 PM']its only the beginning of the process, expect to see some massive PR with the annoying indian media treat it like it was an alien landing, with the aliens coming to india looking for more software developers and learn cricket!!! wait and watch! I am telling you...[b]gosh I hate Times Now, CNN-IBN, etc etc.[/b][/quote]

welcome to the club :clap3:

Do we really need any more street circuits?

Have we become Champ Car suddenly overnight?

We just have one street circiut right...(Monaco)

At the moment we do yes, but by 2010 we'll have; Monaco, Abu Dhabi, probably Singapore, Mexico is angling for a street race, as is Valencia in Spain, Korea is going to be part Street Circuit when we go there.

At the moment we do yes, but by 2010 we'll have; Monaco, Abu Dhabi, probably Singapore, Mexico is angling for a street race, as is Valencia in Spain, Korea is going to be part Street Circuit when we go there.

Plus

I don't think they should schedule anymore street races at the detriment to some of the European venues, which will have to be axed. Recent talk about the French taking a bit of a sabbatical and coming back with a circuit at Disneyland, seem to point in the direction for me at least, that we'll be seeing European circuit sharing amongst nations; i.e the British and French races for instance will swap perennially much in the same fashion as the Nurburgring and Hockenheim share the German Grand Prix.

Yet they still cram in talk of two Spanish GP's (due to the success of Alonso, which, despite his genius, cannot be guaranteed as present at the time of that idea becoming reality). F1 is a business these days, it always has been to a degree, but the business/sport balance has always been satisfactory.

We're seeing a shift in the wrong direction now, and the big problem is, is that new fans to the sport (I know, I'm generalising) accept this as how F1 should be, and quite simply, it's not!

I know, but with the influx of GP's they are hoping to bring in, that still won't be enough to save others from the chop.

Racy Rajpath: Delh's F1 pursuit is on track

Vishwas Gautam

[28 Apr, 2007 l 2157 hrs ISTlTIMES NEWS NETWORK]

If this German racing pro has his way, we

Seems like Asia is gonna dominate the F1 calendar in 2009. Hopefully the Indian & UAE GP's will be competitive in the future!

India signs F1 track deal

Suresh Kalmadi and Ecclestone meet

11/09/07 10:12

India has now signed a commitment to build a Grand Prix circuit in Delhi.

Reports in the country said the deal was signed by promoter Suresh Kalmadi, of the Indian Olympic Association, and F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone, in London on Monday.

The agreement is conditional only on the payment of a rights fee - thought to be $30 million - by the end of September.

Indian motor sport figure Vicky Chandhok, also in London, confirmed: "Kalmadi is meeting Bernie to sign a time-bound deal to construct an F1 track.

"

The deal does not guarantee a race, but it is the next step in bringing F1 to India in 2009 or 2010.

Source GMM

CAPSIS International

F1 Live

So finally India is a bit closer to having a GP

Now, F1 race in 2010: Kalmadi

TNN

Print SaveEMailWrite to Editor

NEW DELHI, September 17: The wait for an F1 race in India just got longer. According to the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Suresh Kalmadi, India would now host the race in 2010, and not in October 2009 as announced earlier.

The race would be held either in Greater Noida in Uttar Pradesh or in Sohna in Haryana

FINALLY THE DEAL IS ANNOUNCED!!! :banana::waccoe1:

India to host first Grand Prix in New Delhi in 2010

Bernie Ecclestone has today confirmed that after much speculation a contract has been signed this week with JPSK Sports Private Ltd, a subsidiary of Jaiprakash Associates Limited, to stage the first ever Formula One Grand Prix in India, to be held in The National Capital Region of New Delhi in 2010.

Michael Taub, who has been the driving force behind the project to bring F1 to India for the past ten years, has finally succeeded, along with Mr Sunder Mulchandani, in bringing this major event to a country of over a billion people.

Mr Manoj Gaur, the Chairman and CEO of Jaiprakash Associates Limited, and his brother Mr Samir Gaur, Managing Director of JPSK Sports Ltd, are very excited with being involved with the major brand of F1 and see this as being a huge attraction in India.

Bernie Ecclestone said: “India has always been known for its love of cricket, but F1 has been growing hugely in popularity in recent years as the viewing figures would suggest. Now with Vijay Mallya

Excellent.Its really a next step forward in terms of Motor sport popularity in India.I guess the TRP ratings in India will also go to an all time high now that we have one Indian driver raring to go in f1 and a new new track by 2010.This will definitely boost the sport in India.