Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Intteresting F1 Related Lunch

Yeah I wish I had recorded it too actually... It might have seemed a bit wierd me sitting with a recorded during our informal conversation though.

Something else very interesting is the story behind advertising on the new honda livery...

In the past, a company like Ray Bans for example would pay x million Pounds per year to sponsor Honda and have their name on the car, Then x Million extra to use the Honda brand or pictures of the car on any of their products for for advertising purposes. Now companies can sponsor the Honda team and although they cant get their name on the actual car, they can use pictures of the Honda and the Honda F1 branding wherever they want without having to pay extra for it.

Nothing much there, like last time. All it tells us is that you lied about your age in your profile :P

Haha, Welcome back Cav, yes I will admit im only 89 & not 99 as my profile suggests... Ive aged well mainly because of my 100% pure barley diet!

When are you going to go for lunch with Max Mosely? ^_^

Wez, thanks for the info! It's interesting to know that Rubens went back to right-foot-braking...damned idiot. I did notice more TC being used during Oz but I had assumed Jenson was leaning on it a bit more to try and gain some speed on exit.

Very interesting about Hammy and Alonso. If I had a bullet-proof Ferrari, I'd want Kimi in it. If I had a Honda that needed some care and development, I'd go Alonso. I'll wait to see how Hammy turns out.

We're lucky to have you on this forum, Wez!

(Cav, if you have dinner with Mosely, punch him for me will ya?)

I don't like this guy. In fact, anyone who favour Alonso above Kimi, and now even Lewis, are obviously ignorant as to why geniuses actually exist..... :naughty:

On a serious note, thanks for the Honda and Super Aguri notes, worthwhile reading..

Are you the guy on the right Wez?

Raikkonen is far from a Genius, in fact I think he is one of the lowest of all the drivers in the mental agility stages. Alonso applies his brain to racing, Raikkonen just gets in the car and floors the throttle.

Haha, Welcome back Cav, yes I will admit im only 89 & not 99 as my profile suggests... Ive aged well mainly because of my 100% pure barley diet!

When are you going to go for lunch with Max Mosely? ^_^

You're not 23. I'd guess 14.

We're lucky to have you on this forum, Wez!

(Cav, if you have dinner with Mosely, punch him for me will ya?)

Sure thing :thbup:

Raikkonen is far from a Genius, in fact I think he is one of the lowest of all the drivers in the mental agility stages. Alonso applies his brain to racing, Raikkonen just gets in the car and floors the throttle.

If thats your impression of Raikkonen,....I pity you

McLaren to raikkonen: Don't do more than 3 test starts it will damage your drive shaft

Raikkonen: Oh well lets do 5... oops my drive shaft broke and I threw away 10 points. Never mind eh

Thats the difference. Raikkonen applies no thought to what he is doing.

McLaren to raikkonen: Don't do more than 3 test starts it will damage your drive shaft

Raikkonen: Oh well lets do 5... oops my drive shaft broke and I threw away 10 points. Never mind eh

If Raikkonen apply no thought to what he's doing, why would a Mclaren spokesman, who refuse to be named, a guy on the inside, tell Peter Winsor that Kimi is simply genius...

Don't you think there's something just weird to this incident you mention. Why would Kimi deliberately do 5 test, it does'nt make sense. Did we get Kimi's side of the story. In any way, genuises are hard to work with, they have their own way of working, they rarely listen to anyone, we should'nt question them, they make this world a very exciting place... :P

You're not 23. I'd guess 14.

Sure thing :thbup:

Sorry Cav, you not my type...

But I will take that as a compliment... When im 50 one day i'll still be able to pull 20 something lasses!

If Raikkonen apply no thought to what he's doing, why would a Mclaren spokesman, who refuse to be named, a guy on the inside, tell Peter Winsor that Kimi is simply genius...

Don't you think there's something just weird to this incident you mention. Why would Kimi deliberately do 5 test, it does'nt make sense. Did we get Kimi's side of the story. In any way, genuises are hard to work with, they have their own way of working, they rarely listen to anyone, we should'nt question them, they make this world a very exciting place... :P

I don't think he is a bad driver, but I have seen nothing whatsoever to justify the claim that he is a genious. Schumacher won 7 titles, and I don't even think he was a genius. If you want to look at real genius, look at Senna. Raikkonen isn't a patch on him.

I don't think he is a bad driver, but I have seen nothing whatsoever to justify the claim that he is a genious. Schumacher won 7 titles, and I don't even think he was a genius. If you want to look at real genius, look at Senna. Raikkonen isn't a patch on him.

It sounds like you're a little bit tipsey my friend....

It sounds like you're a little bit tipsey my friend....

Nope I am perfectly sober. It's called putting realism above fanaticism

Your point has substance and it isn't lost on me but it has lousy execution.

Oh, i am tipsey.

And in english that means...?

It means that there is a case to be made for demonstrating that Kimi can break cars but the way that you made your case was offensive to the Finn contingient. Is that English enough for you? (I hope so, i have lost the will to type).

Yes :P

I am not deliberately trying to annoy people, its just strange that BradSpeedMan treats Raikkonen as some kind of god, which he clearly is not. I have nothing against Raikkonen, it just seems to me that the fanaticism stakes are way too high on a lot of his fans (and they criticise the other drivers far too often as well).Maybe not the most wonderful voiceing I will admit (and for the record I don't buy into the car breaking crap, I was just using an example which I thought illustrated his lack of mental application).

Well, that's what he actually is, a genius. You put that well. The fastest, most talented racing driver on earth.

No negative spamming from some average-driver supporters can change that situation anywhere...

Windsor was saying genius in the sense of Kimi's overtaking and speed. Valid observation that I agree with. I disagree that Kimi is a true 'genius' as most of us would think the term.

Yes :P

I am not deliberately trying to annoy people, its just strange that BradSpeedMan treats Raikkonen as some kind of god, which he clearly is not. I have nothing against Raikkonen, it just seems to me that the fanaticism stakes are way too high on a lot of his fans (and they criticise the other drivers far too often as well).Maybe not the most wonderful voiceing I will admit (and for the record I don't buy into the car breaking crap, I was just using an example which I thought illustrated his lack of mental application).

INDEED. There is only one true god of the tarmac. Hamilton is his name. Amen.

Well, that's what he actually is, a genius. You put that well. The fastest, most talented racing driver on earth.No negative spamming from some average-driver supporters can change that situation anywhere...

Really?? You don't rate Loeb? Or Peterhansel? Or Muller? What a blinkered view.

Windsor was saying genius in the sense of Kimi's overtaking and speed. Valid observation that I agree with. I disagree that Kimi is a true 'genius' as most of us would think the term.

INDEED. There is only one true god of the tarmac. Hamilton is his name. Amen.

'Genius' is a term which is used way to often. Senna probably was, Michael wasn't quite, i definitely am and Kimi is running out of time.

Really?? You don't rate Loeb? Or Peterhansel? Or Muller? What a blinkered view.

You in a Scimitar would run rings round those amateurs.

yep, kimi is the best. Loeb is good, but so it Citroen. And he still has troubles on sand roads, finnish drivers destroy him there... ^_^

A respectful appraisal of your opinion would be so much easier if your username wasn't what it is........

Genius were Senna, Fangio and, perhaps, Gilles.

Alonso might be, Schumi was (despite some "excentricities"), Liuzzi is. :whistling: