Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Anyone watch the Spanish GP today at Jerez? What a bore. I thought I'd give motoGP a chance cos 1 of my work colleagues is really into it, but the whole thing was 1 big procession, there were 2 or 3 passing moves in the whole race and 1 rider fell off. Apart from that it was terrible. Rossi won and started showing off with stunt-rider moves, but i doubt i'll tune in again

A bit tame really. The Qualifying grid seemed close but once Rossi was infront after the first corner i'd agree in saying that it was quite dull after that.

Still, nice to see them racing again.

Ah yes, normal service resumes. Good to see Rossi back in front after that hick's undeserved title of last year.

I would like to see Colin Edwards to win at least one race this season.

PS: Rossi's bowling pin celebration was awesome.

Stoner loses rivals in 'zone'

From correspondents in Istanbul

April 23, 2007 AUSTRALIA'S Ducati rider Casey Stoner claimed his second victory of the season overnight in the MotoGP championship when he won the Turkish Grand Prix.

Stoner, who now leads the standings by 10 points heading towards the China Grand Prix, beat Spain's Honda rider Tony Elias home, while Stoner's teammate Loris Capirossi, from Italy, was third.

Stoner said he had entered a mental zone early on which allowed him to focus entirely on his own race.

"I got past Colin Edwards quickly on the first lap and then Valentino Rossi when he went too wide on a corner," Stoner said.

"Then, once in front, I just went into a mental blockout for the next two laps and that enabled me to stay focused."

It was a nightmare race for sparky Italy genius Valentino Rossi.

The winner of the previous race, the Spanish Grand Prix, Rossi started from pole position for an event he has never won, but ended up a disconsolate 10th on his Yamaha.

He got off his bike at the end of the race and looked at the rear tyre before going in for a team meeting.

Rossi admitted that it had not been an enjoyable weekend for him or his team.

"We are very disappointed today because we had high expectations for this race, but instead we had some unexpected problems with the tyre and it's been a disaster for us," he said.

Rossi was also less than enamoured with the riding of Elias.

"I'm also quite unhappy with Elias today because I think he was quite dangerous - more than once he passed me on the inside and then altered his line. This is not a correct way to race," he said.

Rossi dropped to fifth on the first lap after going off the racetrack, while there was a mass collision down the field which saw four riders, including crash catalyst Olivier Jacques, come off their bikes and resulted in the premature exit of Spain's Dani Pedrosa.

Rossi fought tenaciously and was up into second behind Stoner after passing Capirossi with 14 laps remaining, and Elias had smoothly moved up into third as he also passed the Italian.

Elias's seemingly remorseless progress saw him pass Rossi to move into second but, with 11 laps remaining, he was not making any inroads into Stoner's lead.

Stoner, second last year and winner of the 250cc race in 2005, extended his lead to give himself a perfect lift for the China race as he gained 19 points on Rossi.

Stoner beat home Spaniard Tony Elias on a Honda while another Ducati rider Loris Capirossi of Italy was third.

The win gave Stoner the championship lead from Yamaha's Valentino Rossi who finished 10th after tyre trouble.

Stoner has 61 points to Rossi's 51 with Honda's Dani Pedrosa third on 36 after the Spaniard crashed out in Istanbul.

It turned out to be a nightmare race for Italian genius Rossi who won the previous round in Spain.

The writing was on the wall early on when he dropped to fifth on the first lap after going off the track.

Around the same time there was a mass collision down the field which saw four of the riders

Yeah go Stoner! Nice to see an Aussie winning some form of GP racing..

a pity for Rossi...he doesn't deserve all these problems with his bike...

but I'm happy for Stoner because he is in a competitive team (finally!)and can beat Pedrosa!

:clap3: Great race!

i really like MotoGP but havent managed to catch a race yet this year. Obviously as im now living in Barcelona ive gotta support the local lad Pedrosa though you have to admire Rossi

Seems the Ducati is simply brutal in straight line speed. Rossi repeatedly overtook Stoner at the turns only to be overruled on the straights at the China gp. Nice to see Ducati in form.

Seems the Ducati is simply brutal in straight line speed. Rossi repeatedly overtook Stoner at the turns only to be overruled on the straights at the China gp. Nice to see Ducati in form.

Yeah,and a great job from Stoner this season.He was so irregular last season and now he's leading the championship!Obviously the Ducati has been performing very well this 4 races,but look at his teammate,he's 9th. I think that Capirossi hasn't addapted to the new 800cc,just like Hayden.This guy is surprising me.He has finished 12th today! The nearly-rookies are beating them.

And then Valentino,who once again pushed the Yamaha to the front though it was a lot slower that the Ducati.Then he made a mistake but managed not to fall.Not a perfect race,but at least he took a risk.

not suprising, Ducati is the Ferrari among the bikes! <_<

Another awesome performance by Casey Stoner in the Chinese GP. If Ducati can find just a little more speed in the twisty stuff Stoner could well run away with the Championship as I doubt weather Honda will have an answer for the horsepower of the Ducati by the end of the season, that Ducati is a missile in a straight line!!!

Another awesome performance by Casey Stoner in the Chinese GP. If Ducati can find just a little more speed in the twisty stuff Stoner could well run away with the Championship as I doubt weather Honda will have an answer for the horsepower of the Ducati by the end of the season, that Ducati is a missile in a straight line!!!

Yeah, I watched the race last night. Go Stoner!! 3 victories this year, thats awesome!

Yeah, I watched the race last night. Go Stoner!! 3 victories this year, thats awesome!

:clap3:

75% win ratio, Go Casey.

Australia is due for another Motorcycle World Champion, to go with the great :bow: Mick Doohan.

:clap3:

75% win ratio, Go Casey.

Australia is due for another Motorcycle World Champion, to go with the great :bow: Mick Doohan.

:bow::bow::bow: MD...We're not worthy!! (Stoner is tho)

don't be so confident aussies... :mf_tongue:

Moto GP is coming to Europe,to circuits that don

Should be a great season.

Indeed.Stoner is showing his potential,Rossi is always there,and let's not forget about Pedrosa.I think they are the main title contenders.

I couldn't see the race today,but aussies: :surrender: you win. :P

damn,i missed a wet race!anyone watched it?