Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Rossi was awesome today!! I loved every second of the fight between him and Stoner, I hope the rest of the season goes on just like this!!

Yay, I'm happy now!

Indeed! Beautiful overtaking move on Stoner...Rossi is definitely on a league of his own.

Yamaha are clearly overachieving due to Rossi's brilliance. Edwards' performances indicate the true worth of the Yamaha. Rossi gets that something extra out of whatever machinery you throw at him.

Having said that, the Michelins looked like the tires to be on for todays race. Still, unbelievable for Rossi to win from 11th on the grid especially since he started pretty poorly. Hayden rode very well too.

Its gonna go right down to the very end between Rossi and Stoner.

The sheer excitement of a MotoGP race is unmatched. The riders seem to have so much more character and are much more likable that the robots in F1 these days.

If thats the case shooting star, you can surely say the same about Stoner's brilliance on the Ducati ? Capirossi Is nowhere compared to his teammate ^^ Plus Edwards beat Rossi last week. No doubt about Rossi tho' he's proved every year that he Is simply a true champion.

Gonna be a close fight this year just like last years :-)

Great race, motogp has to be my fav motorsport atm, brilliant.

Hey, this remark's a little late, but what do you think about Stoner and Hayden being short on fuel? They both ran out of it just after finishing the race. :lol::lol::lol:

Indeed! Beautiful overtaking move on Stoner...Rossi is definitely on a league of his own.

and what's more important!his bike was the most beautiful one!

32 points lead for Casey Stoner over Rossi now.

Great ride by the HRC duo especially Nicky Hayden.

Loris was lucky to choose the perfect tyre compond, but a good ride none the less.

Grats Capirossi :-)

Rossi making another crucial mistake ? oh my. Still not over though!

Your right it's never over when Rossi is in the field.

Okay. Fine. I'll do it. I watched Spain during commercials of whatever grand parade, err grand prix, was taking place that day...I'm going to watch the USGP at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend.

Go John Hopkins!

And ykick, I'm in the same boat as you. American world champ last year, I just don't, get into bikes. But I'm trying. You should try Champ Car, Channel 7 signed a TV deal, support William Power! And you might get the world feed with THEE man James Hinchcliffe doing some commentary.

And ykick, I'm in the same boat as you. American world champ last year, I just don't, get into bikes. But I'm trying.

Its typical isnt it.

You should try Champ Car, Channel 7 signed a TV deal, support William Power! And you might get the world feed with THEE man James Hinchcliffe doing some commentary.

How do you know about that? :D I only learnt about the channel 7 deal today when they advertised it on tv. I will try and watch it as i quite enjoy the Gold Coast event so i might enjoy the rest of the series aswell.

How do you know about that? :D I only learnt about the channel 7 deal today when they advertised it on tv. I will try and watch it as i quite enjoy the Gold Coast event so i might enjoy the rest of the series aswell.

I knew about it because it was really big news for Champ Car. There were a lot of p**sed fans when Channel 10 (I think it was Channel 10, might've been another one) dropped coverage last year, and I think that Australia could be a big market for them with Will Power being a surprise title contender, and racing in Aussie colors, no less. Honestly, I'd love to see the kinds of crowds you could get at a V8 Supercar/Champ Car double-header.

I knew about it because it was really big news for Champ Car. There were a lot of p**sed fans when Channel 10 (I think it was Channel 10, might've been another one) dropped coverage last year, and I think that Australia could be a big market for them with Will Power being a surprise title contender, and racing in Aussie colors, no less. Honestly, I'd love to see the kinds of crowds you could get at a V8 Supercar/Champ Car double-header.

Yes you are right it ws channel 10. Im actually surprised that it was big news over where you live though as i would imagine Champ Car gets alot of coverage all over the world. I love watching the V8's with Champ Cars in the double header just like i love watching a formula 1/V8 Supercars double header. They certainly draw high crowd numbers :D

Okay. Fine. I'll do it. I watched Spain during commercials of whatever grand parade, err grand prix, was taking place that day...I'm going to watch the USGP at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend.

Go John Hopkins!

And ykick, I'm in the same boat as you. American world champ last year, I just don't, get into bikes. But I'm trying. You should try Champ Car, Channel 7 signed a TV deal, support William Power! And you might get the world feed with THEE man James Hinchcliffe doing some commentary.

Yeah I noticed that today Eric. I might start watching the CCWS now and support my countryman :D

Go Casey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not the best of qualifying for John Hopkins, but he was fast in the practice. I'd like a podium out of him.

Well, not the best of qualifying for John Hopkins, but he was fast in the practice. I'd like a podium out of him.

Tough to get a podium when you're on the floor, Chaz Davies nearly beat him, and would have done had the bike not gave up on him :D:mf_tongue:

Just joking, the fall wasn't his fault

Casey finally broke the curse!

Well, bad for Johnny. Congrats to Casey.

Melandri has been confirmed at Ducati for 2008.

Other than that, I have nothing to contribute.

Australian 1 - 2, great rides by Casey and Chris

Casey has a nice 44 point lead over Rossi with seven rounds remaining :clap3:

Oh, but Casey's on pole, he can't win :P

Oh yes he can :lol:

Well, bad for Johnny. Congrats to Casey.

Melandri has been confirmed at Ducati for 2008.

Other than that, I have nothing to contribute.

Looking forward to seeing Marco on the Ducati next year.

Is Kawasaki a better team than Rizla Suzuki? Cuz Johnny seems to be doing just fine at Suzuki, and Kawasaki seems a bit far behind. Though badass green bikes with Hopkins and possible Roger Lee Hayden next year sounds pretty siick B)

Is Kawasaki a better team than Rizla Suzuki? Cuz Johnny seems to be doing just fine at Suzuki, and Kawasaki seems a bit far behind. Though badass green bikes with Hopkins and possible Roger Lee Hayden next year sounds pretty siick B)

Rizla Suzuki is the better team in my opinion.

Rizla Suzuki is the better team in my opinion.

Thought so. The article said John turned down a lot of lucrative offers, so if there were other offers, this could've been a dumb choice. He'd better not have been offered the Ducati ride that Melandri got. If he did, his managers are idiots.

Thought so. The article said John turned down a lot of lucrative offers, so if there were other offers, this could've been a dumb choice. He'd better not have been offered the Ducati ride that Melandri got. If he did, his managers are idiots.

Kawasaki might of been paying the right money. I get the feeling that they maybe on the verge of some major improvements in the near future. But yes I agree, it may turn out to be a wrong choice, time will tell.

Better late than never but incase you guys might of missed the MotoGP on the weekend Casey Stoner won in Brno. Casey now has a lead of 60 points over Rossi with 6 rounds of the Championship remaining. Fingers crossed Casey can clinch the Championship on home soil at Phillip Island on the 14 October.