Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Better late than never but incase you guys might of missed the MotoGP on the weekend Casey Stoner won in Brno. Casey now has a lead of 60 points over Rossi with 6 rounds of the Championship remaining. Fingers crossed Casey can clinch the Championship on home soil at Phillip Island on the 14 October.

Yep awesome ride by Casey made it look really easy. Another good ride by John Hopkins to finish second. Don't know whats up with Valentino seem to be struggling a bit.

Apparently ticket sales for Phillip Island are through the roof in anticipation for Casey victory.

Better late than never but incase you guys might of missed the MotoGP on the weekend Casey Stoner won in Brno. Casey now has a lead of 60 points over Rossi with 6 rounds of the Championship remaining. Fingers crossed Casey can clinch the Championship on home soil at Phillip Island on the 14 October.
Yep awesome ride by Casey made it look really easy. Another good ride by John Hopkins to finish second. Don't know whats up with Valentino seem to be struggling a bit.

Apparently ticket sales for Phillip Island are through the roof in anticipation for Casey victory.

Nice work Stoner! Go Aussie!!

Yes, Hopper rode a great race, i'm really happy for him getting his best result ever. Rossi and Yamaha have two major problems at the moment one being the Michelins and the other is that they are still down on power.

Nice work Stoner! Go Aussie!!

:clap3:

I've watched all the season's races so far and i'm bored of Casey Stoner winning. At least last year it was close. And with Casey staying at Ducati for another year, it's probably going to be the same thing.....yawn!

MGP 2008

so some of the changes will be these:

J.Lorenzo --Yamaha

M.Melandri --Ducati

J.Hopkins --Kawasaki

I think there are some more confirmed,but i can't remember them atm...

Could the Island come round quicker, lol. To blow my own horn its going to be a great weekend as relatives of mine recently built a place up on some land at the Island within walking distance of the track!!!! :beer22:

3rd Aussie 1 -2 of the season!!!! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Poor Rossi, I was really looking forward to a good battle between him and Casey.

3rd Aussie 1 -2 of the season!!!! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Poor Rossi, I was really looking forward to a good battle between him and Casey.

Yep really enjoyed it. Can I dare to say it ? Casey Stoner MotoGp Champion 2007. :clap3:

Very disappointing for Rossi, think they were trying a new engine.

2 podiums in a row! Yeaaaaaaah. Ma boy Johnny H finally doin some good.

Unlike the rest of my drivers, who all pasionately suck.

Yep great ride from Hopper again , those Suzukis are showing some good pace at the moment.

Yep really enjoyed it. Can I dare to say it ? Casey Stoner MotoGp Champion 2007. :clap3:

Very disappointing for Rossi, think they were trying a new engine.

Yeah I would say our boy is home - But I will wait until it's all a certain in a fortnights time (Fingers crossed).

Yamaha where trying pneumatic valves I think.

Great work by Hopper, I really like him aswell :clap3:

Could the Island come round quicker, lol. To blow my own horn its going to be a great weekend as relatives of mine recently built a place up on some land at the Island within walking distance of the track!!!! :beer22:

You lucky man! Congrats Stoner!!!!

Ben Spies will test the Suzuki in the winter. And some other AMA dude is gunna test the Ducati but I forget his name.

Rossi plans to contest Rally GB

By Toby MoodyFriday, September 14th 2007, 16:50 GMT

Valentino Rossi has revealed that he is working on a deal to contest the season-ending Rally GB.

The MotoGP legend intends to drive a Subaru World Rally car as he did in last year's New Zealand, where he finished in 11th place.

It remains to be seen whether a Rally GB drive will be logistically possible for Rossi. Although the final MotoGP race takes place on 4 November at Valencia, there is an official IRTA test at Jerez from Tuesday 27 to Thursday 29 November, which would clash with the rally preparations and shakedown.

Rossi contested the Rally GB in 2002 in a Michelin-supported Peugeot 206 WRC, but went off on a notoriously difficult corner on the first proper stage on the Friday.

I hope he does, good luck to the Docter...

Source

Saw this and couldn't help posting...

space.gifGuintoli confirmed at D'Antin for '08

By Toby MoodySaturday, September 15th 2007, 18:21 GMT

Frenchman Sylvain Guintoli has signed for the D'Antin Ducati team for the 2008 season, as predicted by n autosport.com.

The Yamaha rider has impressed this season in his first MotoGP season with the Dunlop Yamaha Tech 3 team, backed up by a best qualifying of 8th today at Estoril.

The Frenchman is part of the current crop of young but experienced 250cc aces making the transition to the MotoGP class.

space.gif

Very happy for this obviously talented rider.

Congrats Stoner 2007 Moto GP Champion!!!!! :1st::clap3:

stoner2_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

Australian Casey Stoner won his first world motorcycling championship by finishing ahead of his archrival Valentino Rossi in the MotoGP race at the Japanese Grand Prix here Sunday.

The 21-year-old Stoner finished sixth in the 24-lap race won by Italian and fellow Ducati rider Loris Capirossi for his third straight MotoGP triumph here.

Italian Rossi, the five-time world champion in the premier class, finished 13th on a Yamaha.

His points deficit behind Stoner widened to an unbeatable 83 with three races to go. A win is worth 25 points.

It was the first time that a rider on a Ducati won the drivers championship since the Italian constructors rejoined the purpose-built motorcycle circuit in 2003 after a 30-year break while dominating the World Superbike circuit.

Ducati also moved within the ace of lifting their first ever constructors title of any category as they lead Honda by 69 points.

Capirossi finished in 47 minutes 05.484 seconds, 10.853 seconds ahead of Randy De Puniet of France on a Kawasaki.

Toni Elias of Spain came in third 11.526 seconds behind Capirossi.

Honda rider Dani Pedrosa bolted out of his pole position onto the first bend on the Honda-owned track, still wet after a morning shower.

But Australian Anthony West on a Kawasaki overtook him on the second lap of the 24-lap race on the wet 4.8-kilometre track.

Stoner started from the ninth grid position and stayed in West's slipstream.

He surged to the top at the start of the fifth lap as West was called back to the pit as a penalty for a jump-start. Melandri overtook Stoner on the fifth and Rossi surged up into third spot.

While Melandri kept Stoner on his tail, Rossi steadily narrowed the gap with Stoner and finally passed him on the 12th lap for second spot behind Melandri.

After a hard tail-to-nose duel, Rossi jumped to the lead on the 14th just before Melandri moved aside for a pit stop.

Rossi pitted in with nine laps to go and came back on track in second spot some six seconds behind Capirossi but made another pit-stop again after the next lap.

His bike slid off course and almost out of contention on the next lap while Stoner hung in fifth spot.

Rossi, who has won four races this year against eight for Stoner, could not regain the momentum while Capirossi steadily built up the lead.

Stoner became the second youngest rider to conquer the premier GP class at the age of 21 years and 342 days.

American Freddie Spencer was 84 days younger when he clinched the title - then 500cc - in 1983.

what a result for Ducati.

Capirossi taking a well deserved win and Stoner winning the Title.

I can't help but think about what might have happened if only West didn't Jump the start and Vermeulen didnt stall.

maybe just maybe a podium for one of them or stronger points?

I thought that Valentino's ride was courageous though because he made 2 stops and was clearly unhappy with the bike but still he beat Edwards home.

I love Colin but that ride was just like comparing Rosberg with Wurz.

World's apart.

Well done Casey, brilliantly won and deserving championship. Same for Ducati.

Unlucky for Pedrosa, and Vermeulen - Westy is unbelieveble in the wet! (I wonder what might have been without the jump start)

Loris Capirossi takes a calculated win, Valentiono Rossi still beats Edwards and will most likely finish runner up in the championship.

Great job by Guintoli and de Puniet as well.

Anyway nice one Casey!

Hats off to stoner. The guy deserves it. 2nd youngest moto gp champion of the world. Well done mate :clap3: Well done bridgestone

Hats off to Stoner, for sure, great great season.

Pity Rossi and Pedrosa couldn't/didn't put up more of a fight. I mean, pity for us and for the show. Still, Stoner has been amazing.