Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Why cant Australia produce champions in motorsports which i aactually care about :(

Australia's biggest talent of the last 10 years has a name and a face. He is (was?) Ryan Briscoe. But Toyota completely ruined his career by relegating him to the role of test driver for years while signing guys like 40 years old Panis and Ralf Schumacher. They then sent him to Indycar with Ganassi (2005) and he had that horror crash in the last race. Now he's racing with Penske-Porsche in ALMS and is still awesome. Next year he'll be back in Indycar with Penske.

He could have really been a star in F.1. Just to reveal a secret, he was Fernando Alonso's biggest rival in karting

Australia's biggest talent of the last 10 years has a name and a face. He is (was?) Ryan Briscoe. But Toyota completely ruined his career by relegating him to the role of test driver for years while signing guys like 40 years old Panis and Ralf Schumacher. They then sent him to Indycar with Ganassi (2005) and he had that horror crash in the last race. Now he's racing with Penske-Porsche in ALMS and is still awesome. Next year he'll be back in Indycar with Penske.

He could have really been a star in F.1. Just to reveal a secret, he was Fernando Alonso's biggest rival in karting

Is it official Ry Ry Pumpkin Pie is driving for Penske next year? Last I've heard it's still a rumor, but I'd be uber excited if it happened. I've a thing for Aussie racers (and women :blush: )...and Ry Ry Pumpkin Pie finished 5th in the Indianapolis 500 this year in a first-year team.

MotoGP must be the series for motorsports-challenged nations. They've had American and Aussie champions the last two years! (Well, if you excluded NASCAR and V8's, those countries sadly don't seem to produce many champions...shame as I quite like Mark Webber and Will Power)

But yeah congrats Aussies and Casey Stoner.

Dani seems strong though as does Valentino so Casey is going to have a struggle this weekend.

And the Kawasaki's seem quickish too which is great for Ant Westas he'll probally rip through the pack a score his first win tomorrow.

one can only hope for an all Aussie Podium!

Hehe, Pedrosa proved me wrong, stunning lap by him. I still think Stoner is the favourite, although Rossi is the man around Phillip Island (9 podiums in ten races). I can't see Dani winning, then again he's proved me wrong before :lol: .

Good stuff.

Stoner wins!

Capirossi 2nd, Rossi 3rd, 4th Pedrosa and 5th Barros.

Chris Vermeulen a strong 8th and Ant West 12th.

Australia doing us proud (as they have all year)with all the Aussies in the points.

Stoner looks strong, as usual.

Stoner fastest in warm-up.

Casey wins AustralianGP :clap3:

Caparossi 2nd

Rossi 3rd

Congrates Casey and Capa great rides. Bad luck on your break-down Nicky, were going well.

Casey wins AustralianGP :clap3:

Caparossi 2nd

Rossi 3rd

Congrates Casey and Capa great rides. Bad luck on your break-down Nicky, were going well.

Yeah Nicky was on fire, shame we didn't see the lap before his failure where he lost out to Rossi.

Stoner. He needs a nickname like Valentino 'The Doctor' Rossi. How about Casey 'Spicoli' Stoner?

(If Eric doesn't get that, I'm deporting him.)

I should be watching MotoGP, shouldn't I?

You just want an excuse to increase your post account and start a thread on your 2000 posts :mf_tongue:

jk

Yeah,watch it,it's fun.

I should be watching MotoGP, shouldn't I?

Yes.

Nah real racing has four wheels..... :):) : ) <quickly runs and hides :) >

I will destroy thee.

Anyway well done to Pedrosa, Melandri, Westy. Stoner will win though.

EDIT: I knew it, he always wins! Anyway nice one Kimi :D

John Hopkins 2008 MotoGP Champion.

No, I have no good reason to say that. I just wanted to.

Podi-****ing-um, bitches.