Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

:lol: You did. I have a good memory. And I agree. Vote Obama.

(You'll have to try harder; I'm the lone liberal American around here :P )

As long as everyone is voting for Obama I'm happy :lol:

They don't show them here, either. The YouTube video is just highlights; SPEEDTV put it on some show I guess. I'm not a big bike guy, but Laguna Seca certainly put on a good show in the feature and the support races. Always does, though. CART at Laguna was wicked p**sa.

Laguna is a great racing circuit from what I've seen and played on unrealistic games. Maybe I'll try and watch some of these Red Bull rookies.

Oh by the way...

Damn I'm good...

You damn well are, I guess it was because I mentioned your hero Kyle Busch.

As long as everyone is voting for Obama I'm happy :lol:

Laguna is a great racing circuit from what I've seen and played on unrealistic games. Maybe I'll try and watch some of these Red Bull rookies.

You damn well are, I guess it was because I mentioned your hero Kyle Busch.

:lol:

But only the US one. There's a Europen one but it's not as good. ;)

Of course. And you'll remember this post because I mentioned your hero John McCain :P

So today I finally see Melandri riding aggressively, and I see Westy doing a brilliant lap. Guintoli hasn't got a contract for next year, what a crime if MotoGP loses a talent like him.

Tomorrow should be Rossi versus Stoner round 2.

Etto.

MotoGP calls for new safety measures

By Matt Beer Saturday, August 16th 2008, 20:18 GMT

MotoGP commercial rights-holder Dorna has called for a reduction in cornering speeds in the sport to prevent further injuries to riders, following a recent spate of high-speed crashes.

The organisation held a meeting with all the MotoGP riders at Brno on Saturday night to discuss potential regulation changes that could improve the level of safety in the sport.

The 2008 season has featured a string of injurious crashes, resulting in several leading riders being temporarily sidelined - with Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa, Loris Capirossi and John Hopkins all forced to sit out events following violent accidents in the first half of 2008.

Although the 800cc engine formula and fuel restrictions that were introduced last season have succeeded in reducing straightline speeds, cornering speeds have now become a more significant issue, with faster lap times being produced at most circuits despite the cut in power.

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta therefore believes that cornering speeds must now be reduced in order to keep the bikes' performance within safe limits.

"In principal, in the last races we realised that the speed in the corners has been increased dramatically," said Ezpeleta. "In Laguna Seca the straightline speed was almost the same as last year, but the lap times were 1.5 seconds faster.

"It is important to realise that we are increasing the speed in the corners, that means that all the work we are doing with the Safety Commission regarding the safety of the circuit is every time more difficult.

"I received from the promotors that it is important to talk about that, exactly the same as what has happened with the reduction of the speeds on the straight with 990 to 800. This is the problem we have right now."

He added that the significance of the issue was such that it had been necessary to consult the entire MotoGP paddock rather than just the existing Safety Commission.

"I think this is very important," Ezpeleta said. "Yesterday we talked in the Grand Prix Safety Commission with some of the riders, but due to the importance of the matter, we decided to talk with all of the riders.

"We asked all them to come to the meeting, I introduced to them the problem, they agreed, they discussed it for one hour. They proposed some ideas to be presented to the Grand Prix Commission to try to solve it.

"We will present that to the GPC, which is made up of the FIM, MSMA and Dorna, then everybody will discuss it."

The Dorna boss said the issue had arisen partly because the owners of the MotoGP circuits were now having to spend significantly more on safety facilities to cope with the increased cornering speeds of the modern bikes.

"The promoters of the circuits have spent more than 80 million euro, and presently they are spending more than 1.7 million more than they were three years ago on safety," said Ezpeleta.

"This is something that cannot continue, and is it necessary to go more and more fast? No it isn't."

Ezpeleta also played down suggestions that Dorna had proposed the adoption of a single tyre rule during the meeting.

"They discussed things but we cannot tell what is the outcome," Ezpeleta told autosport.com when asked whether control tyres had been proposed.

"We have decided that what they proposed will go to the MSMA, not to the press.

"This meeting was to discuss rider safety. Single tyres could be one of the issues to discuss, but it was not the issue to discuss, which was safety."

The possibility of control tyres for MotoGP had been floated last autumn amid suggestions that Bridgestone's dominance of the 2007 season was affecting the quality of the racing, but was ultimately rejected in favour of tweaks to the tyre testing and allocation rules.

I blame Lorenzo.

I blame Lorenzo.

Of course. Just the other day I was listening to Davide Brivio talking about their evolved engine and how the speed in corners had increased, and the Yamaha was a bit faster...

But anyway, if they get everyone in the paddock to agree there's nothing that can be done...

Of course. Just the other day I was listening to Davide Brivio talking about their evolved engine and how the speed in corners had increased, and the Yamaha was a bit faster...

But anyway, if they get everyone in the paddock to agree there's nothing that can be done...

True, and I think the riders already agree anyway..

Would it be out of line to also blame fish?

I mean...

:lol: Yes, I think.

I always tell my Brazilian friend that Spanish are more beautiful than Italians! :wub:

:blush: Thanks,Shaliq!!

Is that your excuse for not getting any Italian?

Since things did'nt work out with freaky (she's doin the ignoring thing, have'nt figured out why)...hello my new sweetness :wub:

Hello my old sweetness

*runs and hides*

Since things did'nt work out with freaky (she's doin the ignoring thing, have'nt figured out why)...hello my new sweetness :wub:

Sorry, sorry, but we both know your love for me is directly proportional to my support of Kimi :P

Good luck trying to get elgo, I think you'll need it :P

Sorry, sorry, but we both know your love for me is directly proportional to my support of Kimi :P

Good luck trying to get elgo, I think you'll need it :P

*Abbas thinking if life would get better if he starts supporting a certain Spanish driver*

There you go:

Sweet! nice shirt, oh and the person inside also.

MotoGP fans must be quite excited. I know I am.

Rossi's got the WC in the bag but Stoner is faster, no question there. Rossi cannot catch him and his only bet is to slow Sotner down. Last GP was a beauty because of precisely that.

One would expect that Stoner has learned the lesson and, this time, he will be more deliberate.

Nice, nice setup for tomorrow's race...

Brilliant quali for Stoner, brilliant. If he gest away early on, the race is his.

I think Rossi tried a scond lap on the quali tyres and this is why he couldn't beat Stoner. His times on the first couple of sectors were good for pole.

I'm glad to see Lorenzo back, I was mighty impressed with him at the start of the year, I hope he doesn't bugger up Vale's race though...and I hope de Puniet doesn't destroy them all in turn one.

What else to say? Ahh Stoner, great qualifying lap. Looking forward to a good race, with a bit of that overtaking stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!123

I'm glad to see Lorenzo back, I was mighty impressed with him at the start of the year, I hope he doesn't bugger up Vale's race though...and I hope de Puniet doesn't destroy them all in turn one.

What else to say? Ahh Stoner, great qualifying lap. Looking forward to a good race, with a bit of that overtaking stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!123

Lorenzo can ride, all right. I still remember when he was on 125cc and he would always say, if asked at the start of a race, "I'm ready for war". He's grown up nicely. Pity the upset that followed such a brilliant start. It would've made the season a lot more interesting. It's a fact that he can put it up to Rossi...

The Rossi for major is... well, bunch of goofs, they are.