Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Nicely done, Smith. The young Brit keeps getting better and better.

BTW, I've just finished watching the 125cc and the live timing was all scrwed up. It happens sometimes. What's new is that it is crashing the browser (actually, both Opera and Firefox). Anyone else having this problem?

Nicely done, Smith. The young Brit keeps getting better and better.

BTW, I've just finished watching the 125cc and the live timing was all scrwed up. It happens sometimes. What's new is that it is crashing the browser (actually, both Opera and Firefox). Anyone else having this problem?

I had the same problem with Firefox when using the F1 live timing, it seems only IE can manage it. How annoying.

It seems to be fixed now although it is still sluggish.

How about that 250cc race. It's open the WC a bit. Nice.

Btw, don't you think they go off too much on Babera? Pasini did leave a gap and Simoncelli fell on his own...

It seems to be fixed now although it is still sluggish.

How about that 250cc race. It's open the WC a bit. Nice.

Btw, don't you think they go off too much on Babera? Pasini did leave a gap and Simoncelli fell on his own...

I must admit, I don't really follow the lower classes of the bikes. I know I know, I really should.

Stoner is not himself these days, have to wonder whether it was the injury or the pressure from Rossi. Either way it looks very good for us Rossi fans.

I am glad to see that Lorenzo really is back. As for Pedrosa, pah, the guy is running that team making them switch to Bridgestones, I know Rossi demanded the same, but Rossi has the right! :lol:

Well, the 125cc and 250cc were better races than MotoGP today... and this is not uncommon, actually. There is something to be said for the little ones and the style needed to ride them. It speaks to me for some reason. And even though the large bikes are the "it", somehow the 250cc bikes are more, I don't know, complete. I always make sure to own one of those.

Well, Rossi is got the WC for sure. Stoner fcked up. He wasn't the only one if you think about the entire season. Rossi's got it by simply being there... Pedrosa wasn't up to par, simple as that. I hear that he might switch to Bridgestones even before the end of the season. Gotta wonder what's gonna come out of that.

Well, the 125cc and 250cc were better races than MotoGP today... and this is not uncommon, actually. There is something to be said for the little ones and the style needed to ride them. It speaks to me for some reason. And even though the large bikes are the "it", somehow the 250cc bikes are more, I don't know, complete. I always make sure to own one of those.

Well, Rossi is got the WC for sure. Stoner fcked up. He wasn't the only one if you think about the entire season. Rossi's got it by simply being there... Pedrosa wasn't up to par, simple as that. I hear that he might switch to Bridgestones even before the end of the season. Gotta wonder what's gonna come out of that.

Pedrosa will be on Bridgestones next race in fact!

It seems like the change is working out for him.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Maratho...one+association

Since Rossi's got the WC, it wouldn't be too bad if he loses the rest of the races this season, you know, for the heck of the show...

I used to like Pedrosa, his first season in 250cc was epic. Remember his broken ankles the season before 2004, a week or so after winning the 125cc WC?

It seems like the change is working out for him.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Maratho...one+association

Since Rossi's got the WC, it wouldn't be too bad if he loses the rest of the races this season, you know, for the heck of the show...

I used to like Pedrosa, his first season in 250cc was epic. Remember his broken ankles the season before 2004, a week or so after winning the 125cc WC?

Pedrosa..I don't know, is he a true racer? I'm not sure, to be fair I haven't seen much of him (nothing at all in lower categories) but anyway, from what I've seen of him he isn't as good as Stoner (well the old Stoner who didn't make mistakes), and I prefer the way Hayden handles himself in that Honda team as well. He does make those rocket starts though, and I think even Rossi has said his application on the first few laps is enormous. Anyway for me he isn't quite with the top two, Stoner and Rossi.

Anyway enough of my rambling on, it would be good for the show if Rossi only won 1 or 2 more, but then again the way Rossi does it makes domination interesting.

Yup,very good races,I especially liked 250 cc.Btw,I think Pasini over reacted.It's called racing,my friend!

I don't know if Pedrosa has taken a good decision,but it will definitely be a lot of fun to watch! I don't know, Rossi struggled in his first couple of races on Bridgestones...and a test session (against Nakano,de Puniet etc...) isn't the same as a race...anyway,he has decided to take this gamble and I applaud him.

And I agree with Rainmaster (ouch! :D ) Pedrosa can start very well,but he can't fight lap after lap like Stoner and Rossi do.

Pedrosa..I don't know, is he a true racer? I'm not sure, to be fair I haven't seen much of him (nothing at all in lower categories) but anyway, from what I've seen of him he isn't as good as Stoner (well the old Stoner who didn't make mistakes), and I prefer the way Hayden handles himself in that Honda team as well. He does make those rocket starts though, and I think even Rossi has said his application on the first few laps is enormous. Anyway for me he isn't quite with the top two, Stoner and Rossi.

Anyway enough of my rambling on, it would be good for the show if Rossi only won 1 or 2 more, but then again the way Rossi does it makes domination interesting.

Pedrosa won three WCs in a row (1x125cc, 2x250cc) and landed well in MotoGP. However, on his second year, Stoner happened.

And when I say Stoner happened, I mean Stoner happened. Because before last season, Stoner was the crasher of the field. You know, both Stoner and Pedrosa rose through the ranks together (although in 2004, Stoner stayed in 125cc) and Pedrosa beat him everytime time and then once more. It can be safely said that Stoner rose to MotoGP by crashing his way up. Sure, the talent was there (definitely) but it took years to get it right. Which is great...

BTW, Pedrosa is (or at least was) the perfect speedman. The best in the field. In all truth, what Stoner did last year is precisely what we all expected Pedrosa to do... get in front and get away. He may still...

yup,Pedrosa is known for being extremely quick and very precise on a bike when he's on the lead,or qualifying.He isn't so comfortable when he's racing in a group.

And yeah,he was meant to be the golden boy who would cause Rossi trouble,something that hasn't happened so far.Stoner,the guy that no one expected to succeed,has found his pace and has become a solid contender and let's hope he focuses on these last races and doesn't fall down again,which reminds us of his years in lower categories!

Btw I don't think it was good for Pedrosa to be in the official Honda team on his 1st year in MotoGP.Stoner did better riding a satellite bike for 1 year and then signing with a big one like Ducati.

Yup,very good races,I especially liked 250 cc.Btw,I think Pasini over reacted.It's called racing,my friend!

I don't know if Pedrosa has taken a good decision,but it will definitely be a lot of fun to watch! I don't know, Rossi struggled in his first couple of races on Bridgestones...and a test session (against Nakano,de Puniet etc...) isn't the same as a race...anyway,he has decided to take this gamble and I applaud him.

And I agree with Rainmaster (ouch! :D ) Pedrosa can start very well,but he can't fight lap after lap like Stoner and Rossi do.

:o How could you? :D

Pedrosa won three WCs in a row (1x125cc, 2x250cc) and landed well in MotoGP. However, on his second year, Stoner happened.

And when I say Stoner happened, I mean Stoner happened. Because before last season, Stoner was the crasher of the field. You know, both Stoner and Pedrosa rose through the ranks together (although in 2004, Stoner stayed in 125cc) and Pedrosa beat him everytime time and then once more. It can be safely said that Stoner rose to MotoGP by crashing his way up. Sure, the talent was there (definitely) but it took years to get it right. Which is great...

BTW, Pedrosa is (or at least was) the perfect speedman. The best in the field. In all truth, what Stoner did last year is precisely what we all expected Pedrosa to do... get in front and get away. He may still...

I think Pedrosa will have his year, probably a very dominant year when the bike is right for him (he just seems like that kind of rider who would win by a mile).

yup,Pedrosa is known for being extremely quick and very precise on a bike when he's on the lead,or qualifying.He isn't so comfortable when he's racing in a group.

And yeah,he was meant to be the golden boy who would cause Rossi trouble,something that hasn't happened so far.Stoner,the guy that no one expected to succeed,has found his pace and has become a solid contender and let's hope he focuses on these last races and doesn't fall down again,which reminds us of his years in lower categories!

Btw I don't think it was good for Pedrosa to be in the official Honda team on his 1st year in MotoGP.Stoner did better riding a satellite bike for 1 year and then signing with a big one like Ducati.

We agree again! I think a year with a less competitive team always does a rider/driver a lot of good.

Was he really supposed to? Hmmm... I didn't know that.

Still, on his first year he finished... what 5th? And then runner up and last year 3rd. Not too bad. There is plenty of talent in the field.

I wonder about the satellite team, though. You could be right, of course. I suppose you will also have something to say about Lorenzo too...

BTW, do you ride?

He could've finished much higher when he finished 5th.I mean,the Honda was a rocket.

He came from breaking all the records in lower categories and got immediately the best machine of the field (a bit like Lorenzo, and Hamilton in F1) and had to deal with the pressure and the adaptation to the bike.

Lorenzo likes to say he is self-confident and strong but then he cracks under pressure.his mind is his worst enemy.Lots of talent but a peanut-like brain.And like Pedrosa,he should have started in the 2nd Yamaha team imho.

I don't ride,I've ridden my cousin's scooter a couple of times though.Does that count? :D

Well... no, I'm afraid it doesn't count. But it is a start. Riding bikes is it. I definitely recommend it. You are a gal, right? There are bikes that work very, very nicely for slim weights...

You've got something on Lorenzo. He was amusing once, while in 125cc. Remember his "ready for war" when interviewed before races? He was a funny idiot and his racing really was like a war.

Btw, you reckon Bautista will manage to upset the 250cc WC? What's it about that guy that makes him so likeable...

Pedrosa will be on Bridgestones next race in fact!

Silly decision if you ask me. I will be very surprised if the bike will work on the Bridgestones after being developed to suit the Michelins.

What's my fellow MotoGp / F1 fanatic's opinion???

Based on he tests, it seems it does.

Race-wise, it is impossible to tell. We'll see. Still, it be nice if it did so that we can have some good races before the end of the season..

I agree with Elgo on everything she said. I don't like Lorenzo much because of his weird attitude, Pedrosa is a nice guy but I prefer close racing - still, I'm glad Bridgestones are doing him good -, Stoner should pull himself together and not come up with 2006 performances, he's spoiling the fun of seeing Rossi win xD

I think Pedrosa's switch to Bridgestones may well pay off, but not this year, because the Honda as a bike, regardless of tyres, isn't as good as the Yamaha or Ducati. I doubt Pedrosa will be competitive straight away, Rossi wasn't.

Well... no, I'm afraid it doesn't count. But it is a start. Riding bikes is it. I definitely recommend it. You are a gal, right? There are bikes that work very, very nicely for slim weights...

Yup.

The problem is that I have no money (I'm at uni) and when I get some I'll use it to buy a semi-decent car.I prefer cars rather than bikes.(And I'd have to have a riding lisence)My cousin has a 1000cc bike similar to Dribbler's,but it's a monster for me and I'm not gonna try it,for now. :P

You've got something on Lorenzo. He was amusing once, while in 125cc. Remember his "ready for war" when interviewed before races? He was a funny idiot and his racing really was like a war.

Yeah :lol::lol:

Btw, you reckon Bautista will manage to upset the 250cc WC? What's it about that guy that makes him so likeable...

I think Simoncelli will get it this year,it's very unlikely that Bautista wins cause he's not being regular...but maybe next year before he jumps to MotoGP...btw next year will be a very good one in 250 cause few riders are jumping to moto gp...

Silly decision if you ask me. I will be very surprised if the bike will work on the Bridgestones after being developed to suit the Michelins.

What's my fellow MotoGp / F1 fanatic's opinion???

Brave but silly.A gamble.Good for us viewers,though! :D

I didn't realize you are a young thing. Internet, go figure. Well, if you want a car, it's a deal. But depending on the weather whereever you live, a bike can be a great and cheap way to get around. Here in Japan, a bike is the perfect way to get around massive traffic jams. Anyway, I would never recommend you start on a big bike though. These days, there are very nice and affordable 125cc road bikes that scream. Sure, they don't have any grunt but so what? You'll get there if you are interested some day.

I'm not betting on Simoncelli. Somehow, he rubs me the wrong way. I hope that Bautista gets his act together and gets a second title in a row... that'd be nice, vey nice.

I didn't realize you are a young thing. Internet, go figure. Well, if you want a car, it's a deal. But depending on the weather whereever you live, a bike can be a great and cheap way to get around. Here in Japan, a bike is the perfect way to get around massive traffic jams. Anyway, I would never recommend you start on a big bike though. These days, there are very nice and affordable 125cc road bikes that scream. Sure, they don't have any grunt but so what? You'll get there if you are interested some day.

:lol:

The weather's quite rainy here(although I get around on a bike)(one of those with pedals :lol: )

I live in a small city,I think I can cross it in 20-25 mins with my bicycle,so I don't need a car or a bike inside it,but I do need it for making some 1-2 hour trips I often make in bus.

Do you ride yourself?

I'm not betting on Simoncelli. Somehow, he rubs me the wrong way. I hope that Bautista gets his act together and gets a second title in a row... that'd be nice, vey nice.

Just checked and he has to overcome a 27 point difference...less than I thought...so it's not so impossible...it'll be a great end of season,fersure.

EDIT: Oh,btw: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Simonce...er+latest+clash

:lol::lol:

Simoncelli crashed on his own. The whinning about it does nothing for him and more so when he _did_ hit Barbera on the main straight and sent him to the ground at high speed.

Anyway, I also find it difficult to support Barbera. He seems to thrive in conflict rather than get it on with the riding.

Yeah, I ride. Been doing in it for... darn! decades now. Started with off-road 50cc's and have gone up and down the specturm several times. I've lived in many countries over the years, so I keep buying and then having to sell bikes wherever I go... It's kind of sad but fun too.

Rain can be a problem, sure. To be honest, you always take a beating on a bike. It's a fact. Rain or not. After all, a car is a room with wheels so you are protected from everything. Still, there is something about riding a bike that cars can never give you. There is a special pleasure in riding... only for the chosen few, I guess.

I can tell you this. If you become one of us, there is no turning back. Btw, I think it depends on the person, but common wisdom says that to ride well you should not start past your 20's... so you should still have plenty of time if you are keen.

Capirossi and Vermeulen extend their deal for 2009.Glad to see old Capirossi still around.

Still waiting to confirm the Dovi to HRC rumour.