Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

1st Indianapolis GP next weekend!

Stoner's comeback?

Pedrosa struggling on his new Bridgestones?

Rossi's 4th win in a row?

A few Americans in top 5?

Lorenzo getting another good result/falling on turn 1?

Simoncelli/Barbera/Bautista/Pasini drama?

Talmacsi getting closer to Di Meglio on the standings?

Both Pedrosa and Hayden will use the pneumatic-valve engine at Indy this weekend. I can't wait to see how the Bridgestone's perform on the Honda of Pedrosa.

Sounds like it's just a matter of time before the official press release: "Hayden to Ducati"

I think Stoner and Hayden will work well together :thbup:

If Hayden gets the hang of the Ducati (as only Stoner seems to have done so far) it would be great indeed.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70452

Hayden at Ducati alongside Stoner, what a brilliant team that would be. Hayden has a wonderful attitude to racing and Stoner is pure magic (excluding recent errors).

I definitely agree. I think Hayden is underappreciated. Great guy and great rider. There are not that many of those around.

Not sure I like Indy for the bikes that much, well actually I don't like it much for F1 either.

I hear the race may be delayed (or even cancelled) tomorrow because of predicted rain storms.

I hope Stoner doesn't fall off again in this race, and as usual Rossi looks mighty strong.

Circuit isn't great for the bikes, but it's okay. I enjoyed seeing Hayden second on those wonderful tyres, nicely rubbing it into Pedrosa's face - where did he finish again?

Dovy on a factory Honda next year, it'll be interesting to see how that works.

Ducati confirms Hayden for 2009

15 September 2008

Ducati has confirmed that Nicky Hayden will join its factory MotoGP team for 2009. The 27-year-old from Owensboro, Kentucky, will line up alongside Casey Stoner and will make his debut on the Desmosedici GP9 on the 27th October in a test immediately following the Valencia Grand Prix.

Hayden arrives at Ducati after six years in MotoGP with Honda, the highlight coming in 2006 when he was crowned World Champion. His aggressive riding style and amenable character have made him an extremely popular rider - both on the track and off it.

"We are really happy to have Nicky join us," said Claudio Domenicali, Ducati Corse CEO. "We are certain that his never-say-die attitude, riding style and character will be great additions to our team in 2009. I would like to thank HRC for allowing Nicky to start testing our bike immediately after the Valencia Grand Prix. I would also like to thank Marco Melandri for his professionalism during a difficult year, which was below all our expectations. Unfortunately his feeling with the Desmosedici was never good enough to allow him to ride as well as he can. We wish him all the best for the future."

Source

Yeah,good for Hayden,who claims favoritism towards Pedrosa in Honda,although he's going to a team built around Stoner right now...The Aussie will trash him...

AND NOWWWW....CHICKEN! (You won't understand it unless you're a Friends fan) I MEAN....MOTEGI!!!!I think if Rossi is in the top 3 or 4?? will win it here.

If he starts well he'll probably win, if he gets stuck behing Pedrosa at the start (or behind Pedrosa + a bunch of other drivers, we all know who starts well and who doesn't in MotoGP :lol: ) it's gonna get interesting.

Me can't wait :D

Oh, and Lorenzo might want to have a say or something...

Yeah,good for Hayden,who claims favoritism towards Pedrosa in Honda,although he's going to a team built around Stoner right now...The Aussie will trash him...

AND NOWWWW....CHICKEN! (You won't understand it unless you're a Friends fan) I MEAN....MOTEGI!!!!I think if Rossi is in the top 3 or 4?? will win it here.

Does Hayden really claim there is favoritism? It's kind of surprising considering the kind of guy he is.

Still, whether he does or not, there is favoritism in Honda.

The 125cc race was a bit boring. Let's hope for a better one in 250cc...

This UK comentators are quite weird, how do they expect to talk to many drivers on the grid if they do a 15 minute introduction to the race? XD

Anyway, at least Hayden is fun to listen to :)

On with the race now^^

8 SCUSATE IL RITARDO 8

:lol: GREAT VALE,GREAT!!

Again,Lorenzo,you're a w#nker.

Does Hayden really claim there is favoritism? It's kind of surprising considering the kind of guy he is.

Still, whether he does or not, there is favoritism in Honda.

The 125cc race was a bit boring. Let's hope for a better one in 250cc...

Yeah

8 SCUSATE IL RITARDO 8

:lol: GREAT VALE,GREAT!!

Again,Lorenzo,you're a w#nker.

Definitely great, oh yeah! (Now that's a guy to support, makes me feel miserable when I think of Kimi u_u'). Lol, I couldn't fall asleep for ages after seeing the race - too excited XD

Did Lorenzo say anything to dseserve being called a w#nker once again or are you just talking in general?

Definitely great, oh yeah! (Now that's a guy to support, makes me feel miserable when I think of Kimi u_u'). Lol, I couldn't fall asleep for ages after seeing the race - too excited XD

Did Lorenzo say anything to dseserve being called a w#nker once again or are you just talking in general?

I was thinking of his stupid move on Pedrosa.In no way could he get past,but he touched his wheel in a reckless way.Anyway,let's enjoy this brilliant day! :lol::lol:

Btw,Bridgestones for all in '09 (well,they have to decide if it's Bridgestones or Michelins,but it's a no brainer really) But this is interesting,not spec compounds,just the same brand for all.

I was thinking of his stupid move on Pedrosa.In no way could he get past,but he touched his wheel in a reckless way.Anyway,let's enjoy this brilliant day! :lol::lol:

Btw,Bridgestones for all in '09 (well,they have to decide if it's Bridgestones or Michelins,but it's a no brainer really) But this is interesting,not spec compounds,just the same brand for all.

Yeah, but you just have to laugh at Carmelo Ezpeleta when he says: "It's for security reasons, actually" - and he seems to believe it :P

I hope it will do MotoGP good :)

Rossi lost the last two titles but was never beaten as the best rider in the field.

The only "but" is that Stoner et al. were not very strong this season. Sill,...

The single tyre supplier is a monumental error. It is simply not possible to justify forcing a tyre on a rider when, after all, they can choose whatever the hell they want right now. Didn't Pedrosa switch? So, what's the freaking problem...

Philip Island 2008 - that's what I call racing. 13th to 2nd class act as usual from Valentino, just like his whole season really. Toseland was a little unlucky but at least he showed he could spar with the best. Hayden was great also, very happy to see him back on good form riding the wheels off that Honda. Ducati's gain is Honda's big big loss in regards to Nicky, they should have treated him better these past two years.

Philip Island 2008 - that's what I call racing. 13th to 2nd class act as usual from Valentino, just like his whole season really. Toseland was a little unlucky but at least he showed he could spar with the best. Hayden was great also, very happy to see him back on good form riding the wheels off that Honda. Ducati's gain is Honda's big big loss in regards to Nicky, they should have treated him better these past two years.

Yup, I agree with you. Though I do have to say that last year's 13th to first (don't make me tell you the name of the track, I forget...) was more impressive, because this year you can see that the Yamaha is also impressive, not only Vale. But a great race anyway^^

I was half disappointed at first because they weren't showing Hayden and Stoner, I thought that Hayden would try something for sure, but in the end he didn't so that was fine as well.