Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Yeah, I think it could only help things. I think that the bikes are reasonably evenly matched, although in 09 things could be completely different.

Pedrosa hasn't had the best season but he has ridden well and I think he could be a suprise contender next year. He certainly seemed to have the measure of Hayden.

Wow, it literally took me about 5 full seconds to see that it was Valentino in the middle.

Yeah, pretty cool shot. Do you reckon that DP will have No. 2 on his bike still or will Casey have it, or will Casey have 26 again?

The riders are like jockeys as well. You never get tall/big MotoGP riders.

It's similar in Formula 1 but to a lesser extent. We still have Mark Webber and Kubica, but most of the others must all be under 6ft.

Rossi isn't half as ugly as say, Justin Wilson.

Yep. Rossi is one ugly motherfcker.

Think that if he was good looking he'd be perfect which in itself would be scary xD

I suppose some of you will also be enjoying the Superbikes today and Bayliss send off. Should make for a nice Sunday...

There it is. Bayliss in a class of his own. Brilliant racing, well above the rest.

Gotta respect the man.

Saw some of it today, he was definately the best there.

I was looking out for Kiyonari but he didn't do anything much.

Heyyyyy!! MotoGP, unlike F1, doesn't seem to want to expand that much to Asia/Africa/wherever they smell tons of money but instead are planning to race in Bulgaria starting 2012! Yes, in my little, unknown to half the world, country! I can't believe my eyes. I hope they can pull it off properly (I don't have much respect for Bulgarian politics/ways things are organized over there, so I'm crossing fingers) because it will be such a boost for Bulgaria! Maybe they'll finally realize that asphalting properly the main roads can be useful :rolleyes:

In any case it's a nice surprise for me :)

Heyyyyy!! MotoGP, unlike F1, doesn't seem to want to expand that much to Asia/Africa/wherever they smell tons of money but instead are planning to race in Bulgaria starting 2012! Yes, in my little, unknown to half the world, country! I can't believe my eyes. I hope they can pull it off properly (I don't have much respect for Bulgarian politics/ways things are organized over there, so I'm crossing fingers) because it will be such a boost for Bulgaria! Maybe they'll finally realize that asphalting properly the main roads can be useful :rolleyes:

In any case it's a nice surprise for me :)

That is pretty cool, MotoGP gets most things right that F1 gets wrong.

That is pretty cool, MotoGP gets most things right that F1 gets wrong.

You can say that again.

"MotoGP gets most things right that F1 gets wrong".

There just saved you the hassle :D

Yep, yep, I completely agree! I started following MotoGP news again since a while ago and in the month that has passed they've gone from realising that there's a need for cost-cutting measures to implementing them already for this season (and there's a cut on electronics, yess!!!) all the while being reasonable. Uh-oh, I think I'm switching allegiances more and more every day... lol

You can say that again.

"MotoGP gets most things right that F1 gets wrong".

There just saved you the hassle :D

Haha, cheers!

Yep, yep, I completely agree! I started following MotoGP news again since a while ago and in the month that has passed they've gone from realising that there's a need for cost-cutting measures to implementing them already for this season (and there's a cut on electronics, yess!!!) all the while being reasonable. Uh-oh, I think I'm switching allegiances more and more every day... lol

Same 'ere, especially since my Kimi hasn't been performing very well of late (yeah I know, I'm just a big Raikkoneristic!).

Same 'ere, especially since my Kimi hasn't been performing very well of late (yeah I know, I'm just a big Raikkoneristic!).

Well, my reasons are more or less the same I reckon, so... at least you're not alone XD

Well, my reasons are more or less the same I reckon, so... at least you're not alone XD

Good to know, lets hope he gives us something good to talk about this season, or at least another 'I was having a Sh#t' comedy moment ;D

Jerez IRTA just finished,and Stoner dominated. 7 tenths ahead of the 2nd (Rossi).Gibernau comes back,and makes it to 8th,pretty good considering that his shoulder still hurts.The Honda is beautiful.I want to see Dovizioso race.Suzuki look quite competitive.I'm eating spaghetti.

Jerez IRTA just finished,and Stoner dominated. 7 tenths ahead of the 2nd (Rossi).Gibernau comes back,and makes it to 8th,pretty good considering that his shoulder still hurts.The Honda is beautiful.I want to see Dovizioso race.Suzuki look quite competitive.I'm eating spaghetti.

I watched it too. It was very good. I think Stoner is really quick over one lap, but it's always been that way. I still think Rossi can hand it to him in the races. The Honda does look good. That BMW Stoner won does not. I'm not eating spaghetti. I wish I was.

Great, thanks for the news guys. I was doing some proper work for once and didn't see it, not that I knew where anyway xD

Well, no much left for the races now ^^

AND IT'S GO GO GO!! :D

Opening night in Qatar beckons for MotoGP riders

Monday, 06 April 2009

2009 season begins this weekend in Losail in second MotoGP night race.n496808_078.preview.jpg

Five months on from the final race of the 2008 MotoGP World Championship, the 2009 edition of the series starts up on April 12th with the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar. The first of seventeen races to decide who will be crowned the king of the premier class takes place at the Losail International Circuit in the Arab emirate, opening up the action for the third consecutive year.

The only night race on the MotoGP calendar, the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar is a showpiece event for both the state and the World Championship. The inaugural event under the floodlights took place last year, and was won by Ducati Marlboro’s Casey Stoner.

Reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi has won races at every track used in 2009, but is still pending victory after sunset. The Fiat Yamaha rider was victorious by day in the desert in 2005 and 2006, engaging in his first head-to-head battle with future title rival Stoner at the latter event. Last season he finished fifth in Qatar, off the podium for the first of only two occasions.

The Losail International Circuit is a favoured track for former champion Stoner, the scene of his first pole position and MotoGP victory. The Australian begins the season fresh from a triumph in the BMW M Award competition in testing at Jerez, a ‘qualifying’ competition in which he rolled over the opposition with an outstanding lap. Attention will be focused on Stoner’s endurance, called into question by his not having undertaken any long runouts since undergoing scaphoid surgery in November.

Guaranteed to be at less than 100% is 2008’s third place finisher Dani Pedrosa, who missed the final test of preseason through injury and is a doubt for the Qatari round. A crash at the scene of this weekend’s race left Repsol Honda’s Spanish star requiring surgery on his arm and leg, with his estimated return to fitness extremely close to opening night.

Jorge Lorenzo returns to the scene of his amazing MotoGP debut –where he took pole and finished second- after an injury-free preseason. He will be racing with Bridgestone rubber on his Fiat Yamaha M1 for the first time in what will be the maiden race for the series under a single tyre rule.

Four more factory riders will be in action in Qatar, as Ducati Marlboro’s Nicky Hayden lines up alongside Repsol Honda replacement Andrea Dovizioso and Rizla Suzuki’s unchanged lineup of Loris Capirossi & Chris Vermeulen.

2004 Qatar racewinner Sete Gibernau will be participating in his first MotoGP race since the 2006 Portuguese Grand Prix, whilst premier class bows will be made by Pramac Racing’s Niccolo Canepa & Mika Kallio plus Scot Racing's Yuki Takahashi. The 800cc field is completed by Monster Yamaha Tech3 riders Colin Edwards & James Toseland, San Carlo Honda Gresini’s Alex de Angelis and Toni Eli