Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

Yep. Interesting season ahead. What a change from the nonsense of F1.

By the way, has any of you guys been able to watch SBK via the official online feed...

No SBK for me this year,and last year I watched a couple of races and forgot about it...Now my top 3 are MGP,F1 and basket. :D

I guess it should go without saying by now, but I'll say it anyway, Rossi is still the man to beat. Casey looks ultra quick as usual over one lap, but will he struggle over a race distance?? He says no, but he would say that. I hope for a good battle between these two like in past seasons, even if that means they dominate the podium.

Time to deliver for Pedrosa surely, but he's had hardly any time on the bike because of injury....so probably won't challenge for the first races this season. Personally, I hope Dovy thrashes him.

I hope Hayden can challenge too, but it isn't looking promising, lets see if he finds some speed in the races.

All in all, go Rossi, go Nicky, go Casey, go Marco and go Dovy. Oh and of course the patriotic vote for Toseland.

I guess it should go without saying by now, but I'll say it anyway, Rossi is still the man to beat. Casey looks ultra quick as usual over one lap, but will he struggle over a race distance?? He says no, but he would say that. I hope for a good battle between these two like in past seasons, even if that means they dominate the podium.

Time to deliver for Pedrosa surely, but he's had hardly any time on the bike because of injury....so probably won't challenge for the first races this season. Personally, I hope Dovy thrashes him.

I hope Hayden can challenge too, but it isn't looking promising, lets see if he finds some speed in the races.

All in all, go Rossi, go Nicky, go Casey, go Marco and go Dovy. Oh and of course the patriotic vote for Toseland.

Yep. Rossi is the man. And the stronger Stoner is, the more attractive the clash between the two will be. Geez. To think that Stoner crashed his way to the top class, who would've said.

For me, the question mark is on Lorenzo. He was tones of fun in 125cc and really did well at the start of last year. He should have the bike and no excuses at all.

By the way, the schedule of the first race must be great for, at least, some of you guys. At least for Rainmaster (UK?). They've royally screwed me over, though. Right in the middle of the night, from 2am to 6am. Unreal. Lucky thing these days I work through the night... but still. Frigging european audiences.

Hmmm... well, it's a bit late but here in Spain it's a nice hour. And in the UK even earlier of course, though there they're used to going to bed with the chickens :P

Rossi is the man, and apart from the great rivalry I'm expecting I'm setting my sights on Dovi ^^

I personally hate Lorenzo, so I hope he gets thrashed a bit. Of course he's good but... personality sucks, so he has a bit to learn.

Hayden still doesn't seem comfortable on that Ducati, so it makes you wonder what kind of magic does Stoner work on it? The good news is that the Yamahas are all right behind him :D

Wanna see Suzuki's improvement too, I really like Vermeulen but so far he has only seemed to shine in the wet.

And I hope I'm not missing anyone else.

I know what you mean about Vermeulen. He's ridden some great races in the rain.

I also get the Lorenso thing. He went from fun to fool in little time. But he's making progress there. He's surprised me a couple of times. Anyway, if he gets it right on the bike, it will be a nice addition to the mix.

Hey, you mentioned Spain and I have to ask. Didn't you say you are from Hungary, perhaps? (sorry if I got it wrong) You are a well travelled chick, aren't you?

Don't worry maure. I'm Bulgarian, but right now my family is in Spain, ever since 2001 to be precise. And I'm back at home for the holidays because now I am studying in England. So yeah, I'm proud Bulgarian but haven't set foot in my home country since 2004... xD

:lol: yeah Tanita how many languages do you speak? Bulgarian,Spanish,Catalan,English...

Great battle in 125 between the Aspar teammates.Simon better do something this season or go away.And Smith will be very fun to see I'm sure.

Simoncelli not to take part in the race...apparently his hand was operated 4 days ago

Hayden cracks under pressure...16th...and falls down in the worst possible way at the last second...I hope he can overcome the difficulties and have a decent season,but he does look scared...Angel Nieto (or was it Criville?) said he was very serious today and had a pale face when he spoke to him.

One more rider (and this time it's a Moto GP champion)that is having the 'Stoner teammate syndrome'...

:lol: yeah Tanita how many languages do you speak? Bulgarian,Spanish,Catalan,English...

Great battle in 125 between the Aspar teammates.Simon better do something this season or go away.And Smith will be very fun to see I'm sure.

Simoncelli not to take part in the race...apparently his hand was operated 4 days ago

Yeah, his scaphoid (which I had the privilege to get an explanation about from my friend who studies Medicine XD), so he's resting until the second race. Ouch.

Hayden cracks under pressure...16th...and falls down in the worst possible way at the last second...I hope he can overcome the difficulties and have a decent season,but he does look scared...Angel Nieto (or was it Criville?) said he was very serious today and had a pale face when he spoke to him.

One more rider (and this time it's a Moto GP champion)that is having the 'Stoner teammate syndrome'...

Yeah, as I said, Stoner has some magic for that Ducati... another ouch, this time for Nicky.

Don't worry maure. I'm Bulgarian, but right now my family is in Spain, ever since 2001 to be precise. And I'm back at home for the holidays because now I am studying in England. So yeah, I'm proud Bulgarian but haven't set foot in my home country since 2004... xD

Bulgaria, yes. I lived in Bristol, once, some 20 years back. Can't remember the name of anything but recall quite well some of the parks and venues.

Well, well, well. Races start in half and an hour. Have been looking forward to this for a long while.

Elgo (and I guess you too) have something to celebrate with so many Spaniards in 125cc and 250cc. Favourites for this season, for sure.

Wow, so between the 125cc and 250cc races we might get a whole race distance... what rotten luck with the rain! And here I thought that they'd restart the 125cc race. Well, at least I hope it won't be raining for MotoGP.

Because the lights reflecting on the track make it impossible to diferentiate if there's water or not. Plus, now it's not raining... it's pouring as if they're throwing whole buckets of water! Argh T___T

I arrived late home and missed 2 out of the 4 laps that 125cc lasted.Bautista is getting worse and worse.I want my MGP race NOW.Finished my spaghetti.

Bloody shame about the race being cancelled. Well, postphoned until Monday.

What a raw deal for everyone that spent all that money getting there, hopefully their tickets will still be valid etc and they'll just have an extended holiday out there. lol

I'd have had the damn race. Even if no-one finished a lap without falling off and dying. I want action.

Same with the F1 in Malaysia, carry the damn race on I was screaming.

The wait was worth it even if it felt like a warm up to the season. Stoner, strong. Rossi there, close enough. Lorenzo, able. Edwards, in very nice shape. Dovizioso and Kalio, up the front. Vermeulen, so so, but a 7th is no bad place to start.

(Forgot: True pity for Hayden, what's up with the Ducati that only works for Stoner...)

In no time, the show comes to Japan. We've had great weather for an entire week, it felt like a gentle summer. It's raining today and somewhat fresh but it's April after all. Impossible to tell what the weather will be like for the GP. Looking forward to Motegi, whichever way. Next year, I might go to the track.

By the way. Did anyone get live timing to work for any of the races? For me, it went from not working to disabled all together.

Not an awful lot of action really.

Capirossi's crash was quite spectacular and a bit of a shame considering how well his race was going until that point.

Should be good for the title with Stoner and Rossi both getting off to a good start. Should be close if Stoner doesn't keep retiring.

Was rooting for Hayden but 12th is a few points and i'm sure he'll improve.

And yeah, Stoner must be a god at handling that bike since no-one else can get near him on the Ducati.

And, after a wet experience in Qatar we're back to rain in Japan. I was going to get up to watch Quali, good thing I didn't. The good news: Rossi starts from pole because he was fastest in FP. The bad news? Stoner starts second anyway, and we know which one of the two has better starts usually...

Yup, Stoner always does those Jackie Stewart style starts, trying to beat people psychologically on the first lap. Pedrosa is the best starter though, absolute rocket.

Good job Rossi was taking the practice session seriously, if you know what I mean. Anyway, should be a good race. Unless it rains. Again.

Well, well, well, not bad racing at all.

Lorenzo passed by Rossi only as Stoner has. Pedrosa keeps failing in the same place... somehow remains me of Gibernau (in his time).

The 125cc race was quite interesting with different choice of tyres and a drying track.

And the 250cc gave Bautista a big thumbs up. Pity Simoncelli's problems.

So congrats to the Spaniards. They dominated clearly.

Bring on Jerez.

Yep some fun racing. I liked Ianone's (sp?) ride, just shows that being on the right tyre at the right time is everything in motor racing.

Felt bad for Hayden, I wanna get an idea of how well he can ride the red monster and there hasn't been a good chance for him yet.

Well done to Lorenzo I suppose, and it was fun to see Rossi working hard to keep Pedrosa behind.

I just watched the race half an hour ago, and the weirdest thing of all was to see Pedrosa genuinely happy (you know that he has this usual note of unhappiness that never leaves him in the voice). So if he wants to repeat the feeling I guess we'll get to see him work hard. He had an incredible start, thumbs up to him.

I couldn't come back home in time for 250... :rolleyes: Was it any good?What kind of problems did Simoncelli have?

The 125cc race was quite interesting with different choice of tyres and a drying track.

Indeed!What a great race!

Ianone on fire at the end!

And good for Lorenzo,let's see if he can be regular and fight it with the 2 big ones!

So...

Is Nicky Hayden that bad? Or is the second Ducati bike traditionally bad (I know it was last year)? Something in between? Any excuse?