Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

I couldn't come back home in time for 250... :rolleyes: Was it any good?What kind of problems did Simoncelli have?

He cut a corner and hit the front against the outside edge of the rumble strip. He managed to keep the bike on track but had a flat tyre.

I just watched the race half an hour ago, and the weirdest thing of all was to see Pedrosa genuinely happy (you know that he has this usual note of unhappiness that never leaves him in the voice). So if he wants to repeat the feeling I guess we'll get to see him work hard. He had an incredible start, thumbs up to him.

That's funny. I thought the same thing. Pedrosa does come across as a sour character, doesn't he.

And, yep, a very good start, his.

So...

Is Nicky Hayden that bad? Or is the second Ducati bike traditionally bad (I know it was last year)? Something in between? Any excuse?

Indeed. What's up with that second Ducati.

Yep some fun racing. I liked Ianone's (sp?) ride, just shows that being on the right tyre at the right time is everything in motor racing.

Felt bad for Hayden, I wanna get an idea of how well he can ride the red monster and there hasn't been a good chance for him yet.

Well done to Lorenzo I suppose, and it was fun to see Rossi working hard to keep Pedrosa behind.

Yep, and more to come this weekend.

We've been lucky this year with the scheduling.

Jerez!!! It's this time of the year again! :D:D

Starting grid:

Lor

Ped

Sto

Ros

What a great start and first laps and what a great race if Lorenzo and Pedrosa can mantain the pace and fight for the win with the champions Rossi and Stoner.I can't wait!!

The young pups had the pace in quali, but the champs may show a bit stronger in the race.

Should be a good one.

Well, well, some brilliant riding at Le Mans. The winners of each category had something special despite rather complicated circumstances... how many times did Rossi change bikes!

And how about Pedrosa's last two laps... some of the TV shots were quite incredible.

Thanks, in-fcking-deed, to MotoGP for delivering at a time when F1 has become such utter sht.

I missed most of the 125 race, but it's clear it was quite like 250 with riders falling left right and centre xDD Great that Folger was second, I like the kid :)

250... was it a curse to be riding in second? I think they all fell! XD

MotoGP.. umm.. I don't like Lorenzo winning, and even less deserving it XD Great for Melandri! And Pedrosa was great too at the end :)

Yep. Plenty of falls. True pity for Marquez in 125. Not even his own fault.

The Lorenzo thing... I know what you mean. His riding is really off the charts, though... and, well, the truth is that he has made some progress in the personal area too, so, you gotta give it to the guy in all fronts, really.

Melandri was the big surprise. After last season, it almost feels like a pity-podium but, hey, he did the right things at the right times. Kudos to him.

Nice Sunday at Mugello today!

125cc was quite cool, especially the beginning with 8-11 of them theoretically battling for 1st, and Iannone all kamikaze. Then his bike had to have a problem and half the fun was gone :( Anyway, Smith, Terol and Simon had a very cool battle and even though I was rooting for Terol, Smith's victory had a lot of merit :)

250cc was great! I thought Simoncelli had it in the bag when he gained some 7 seconds in 2 or 3 laps XD Then pink Pasini started his comeback and Bautista up there too, lots of fun. Simoncelli is a brute by the way (just like me, I like it.. well more or less :lol: )

Anyway, Simoncelli and Bautista had their scrap and Pasini was great at making the most of it. And the last lap was breathtaking, killer, incredible!!! Do I get the point across? Great race XD

MotoGP was fine, especially while Melandri, Rossi, Dovi and Capirossi were up ahead... when slicks came on it shattered a bit :( Pity that Rossi couldn't catch up with the other guys >.< Anyway, I couldn't be angry even if I tried, just a bit disappointed, so great race too :D (Though I admit I laughed a lot when I saw Lorenzo falling on the out of boxes lap... couldn't help it :P )

Btw, very nasty crash for Pedrosa. Not good at all :S Lately I almost feel it myself every time he falls :S

Yep. Fun races in all classes.

Agree with you on the 125cc. Those guys are nuts and nearly always fun to watch. It's so difficult to pul away on a 125cc that good races are almost always guaranteed.

Simoncelli was fined... and AGAIN given only a warning. That guy is dirty and has already almost killed Barbera. If he is not stopped... Anyway, it's an issue of attitude because he is a great rider. But his unsporting behaviour is clearly a danger to others. I mean, come on!, he pushed Bautista out of the track and then push him _one_more_time_ to get himself back into the track.

Melandri did great in the middle of the race. What's up with that guy. There is something there that's not easy to understand. Pedrosa was hurt before the race started and then had a not-too-bad crash but it might have worsen his condition. Any news on how's the guy? And, yeah, true pity that Capirossi was not able to finish in the podium.

To be honest, Rossi was lucky to be in the podium at all. He didn't seem the same Rossi we are all used to. Lorenzo had one very strange race, falling before the race even started and then losing 15 places before the first curve. Again, I must bow to the man. And Stoner, well, kuddos to him.

All three championships remain quite interesting.

I didn't know you watched MotoGp DOF, that's nice :)

What great races in 125cc and especially MotoGP!!! The last lap was so breathtaking that I still don't have the words for it. I'll have to wait for someone with clearer ideas and then agree with them :P Absolutely great :D

Yes, it is really wonderful. Lorenzo is taking Rossi to new heights and it's entirely possible we will see even more races like that this season. I must say, I'm really ecstatic with the result, call me a fanboy but it was about time Rossi put Lorenzo in his place. Not that I think Lorenzo will stay there for very long.

It's become clear that this war between Rossi and Lorenzo will be down to who is mentally stronger and makes the least mistakes, since they are so close on pace, naturally such a situation will probably favour Rossi. It's going to be a lot of fun though and great for us fans of racing. Of course, Lorenzo seems the strongest competitor (without doubt the strongest team mate) that Rossi has had, I think mentally he is perhaps stronger than Stoner. Today, his reaction after the race was very good and smart, despite being beaten at the last corner he didn't give Rossi anything extra by complaining. Real clever I think.

Lorenzo's reaction at the next race will be interesting, and I'm just glad I live in the era of a genius. If only Formula One could provide such thrills...

Indeed, if only F1 could match what we get to see in MotoGP.

The end of the 125cc race was a let down. Apparently Simon(Simmon?) got confused because the marker in this track shows the last lap as L0 and he thought the race was over. Heck.

The best of 250cc was to see Simoncelli running last after a stupid fall early on. Let's hope he finally leaves behind his ugly side and comes back with the great rides he has shown he is capable off.

In MotoGP... well, first, hats off to Stoner. The guy looked dead at the end yet was still able to keep a faster Dovizioso behind. The Lorenzo/Rossi thing, hey, it's all about experience here. Rossi surprised Lorenzo. Lorenzo simply didn't expect a move there. Sure, Rossi's pass was an incredible show of skill but I'm not sure it is about Rossi being a better rider than Lorenzo... at least this time around.

I maintain that Rossi remains the best rider in MotoGP. Still, after the race, a friend observed that while Rossi must have already reached his best, his plateau, riders like Stoner and Lorenzo still have a way to go. Interesting thought.

Indeed, if only F1 could match what we get to see in MotoGP.

The end of the 125cc race was a let down. Apparently Simon(Simmon?) got confused because the marker in this track shows the last lap as L0 and he thought the race was over. Heck.

Yes, but I wanted Iannone to win because I don't like Simon, stupid mistake, I laugh XD That happened to Rossi once, but luckily he was leading by quite a margin, must've been bored and forgot to count the laps :P

The best of 250cc was to see Simoncelli running last after a stupid fall early on. Let's hope he finally leaves behind his ugly side and comes back with the great rides he has shown he is capable off.

I agree that he's a brute, he has a lot to learn, but it's not nice that he fell, less competition for the championship.

In MotoGP... well, first, hats off to Stoner. The guy looked dead at the end yet was still able to keep a faster Dovizioso behind. The Lorenzo/Rossi thing, hey, it's all about experience here. Rossi surprised Lorenzo. Lorenzo simply didn't expect a move there. Sure, Rossi's pass was an incredible show of skill but I'm not sure it is about Rossi being a better rider than Lorenzo... at least this time around.

You're right about Stoner, I thought Dovi was gonna pass by him like a rocket.

Of course it's about experience, you know it's the one good thing in getting old in a sport as demanding as MotoGP, the experience. Also, it's great for the spectacle that Lorenzo can bring out the best Rossi, as Angel Nieto and our George have already said. For a guy who's achieved so much it's great that he fights with all he has. Ah, experience also counts towards considering the better rider :P

I maintain that Rossi remains the best rider in MotoGP. Still, after the race, a friend observed that while Rossi must have already reached his best, his plateau, riders like Stoner and Lorenzo still have a way to go. Interesting thought.

Yes, it's nearing the time when Rossi will have to go and Stoner and Lorenzo will take the sport forward, we all know that. But isn't it good for Stoner and Lorenzo that they have him still riding to keep them on their toes and speed their learning? F1 lost a lot when Schumacher left, the same would happen in MotoGP. I'm glad Rossi is still racing, even if he doesn't win any more world championships. And in the end after we've seen all their careers unfold we'll know who was the best.

Yup, yup.

And let's not forget that now all three musketeers have the exact same amount of points. I'm very much looking forward to the next round.

Truly wish I could say the same about F1...

Breath taking and quite brilliant. The best motorcycle race I have ever seen.

My turn to bring a bit of life to our cozy little topic here. Yesterday night was the Laguna Seca race and MotoGP.com tricked me and I came back home one hour too early

It wasn't a bad race, though I think I don't have any standards for MotoGP at this point since I've just started watching it a bit more regularly. It was enjoyable other than the US TV coverage which just defies awful (they have this NASCAR commentator with this really high-pitched annoying voice do the bike coverage, bleh, once he did F1 and said "Michael Schumacher lives for this" EVERY SINGLE TIME HE CROSSED THE START/FINISH LINE for like 20 laps, he was so dumb, anyway), there was enough interesting stuff and the races are nice and short. But Laguna Seca is one of my favorite tracks on the schedule so yeah. I would like to see them go back to just 1 USGP personally, as cool as it is with them racing at Indy...the crowds were an all-time low today, and I think it has a lot to do with dividing the fan base into two sections. IMS is on the brink of...who knows, probably collapse...so maybe we will just go back to one.

It's nice to see someone else win, even if it is Pedrosa. I'm looking forward to Germany, I like that track. I don't know why, but I do.

[stars and Strips Spectacles: On]There's a small rumor going around the US that Tech 3 Yamaha is going to become Team Texas with Colin Edwards and World Superbike star Ben Spies. I'd like that, regardless of nationality, simply because Edwards brings some personality and Spies brings some talent.

Additionally, I'd like to take the time to bash NASCAR, who bought AMA, who sanction the US-based series. In one of the AMA support races, NASCAR forgot to turn the starting lights on, leading to a jumped start. So they just did another pace lap. And thena bunch of people jumped the start again and there was a huge crash and then 4 laps later they just reset the lap count to 0 and started over, leading to Nicky Hayden, who gained some respect from me, going over and yelling at the NASCAR/AMA officials for being generally clueless at life.[stars and Stripes Spectacles: Off]

It wasn't a bad race, though I think I don't have any standards for MotoGP at this point since I've just started watching it a bit more regularly.

Oh, I think we all have decent standards for racing ^^ And you definitely have them if you started watching MotoGP :P

[stars and Strips Spectacles: On]There's a small rumor going around the US that Tech 3 Yamaha is going to become Team Texas with Colin Edwards and World Superbike star Ben Spies. I'd like that, regardless of nationality, simply because Edwards brings some personality and Spies brings some talent.

I'd like that too. Nothing personal against Toseland but he's not doing too good this year. Of course plenty of the year left. Oh, and Edwards is good too, just in case you hadn't noticed XD

Additionally, I'd like to take the time to bash NASCAR, who bought AMA, who sanction the US-based series. In one of the AMA support races, NASCAR forgot to turn the starting lights on, leading to a jumped start. So they just did another pace lap. And thena bunch of people jumped the start again and there was a huge crash and then 4 laps later they just reset the lap count to 0 and started over, leading to Nicky Hayden, who gained some respect from me, going over and yelling at the NASCAR/AMA officials for being generally clueless at life.[stars and Stripes Spectacles: Off]

Wtf, did that really happen?? O_O

My turn to bring a bit of life to our cozy little topic here. Yesterday night was the Laguna Seca race and MotoGP.com tricked me and I came back home one hour too early

It's Pedrosa's MO. The guy has always been the perfect, pure "velocist". Good on the kid and on Honda for this much awaited win.

Lorenzo's ride was outstanding. Kuddos to him... and, yep to you freaky, he precipitated on Rossi. Gotta wonder what this guy will achieve with the right amount of eperience under his belt.

I think we missed posting on Rossi's 100 GP win. That's no small accomplishment. Well deserved, no doubt.

And, yes, yes, yes freaky. I will never get why the 125cc's and 250cc's don't run there. They would give us some great racing.

The last thought has to go to Stoner. It's worrying to see him suffer like that. Does anyone have any idea what the cause of his condition is? I've heardsome rumors about chronic fatigue but...

The last thought has to go to Stoner. It's worrying to see him suffer like that. Does anyone have any idea what the cause of his condition is? I've heardsome rumors about chronic fatigue but...

Indeed...

He's getting a medical checkup in the US.He'll get the results soon,afaik.Whatever the cause is,I hope he gets well before Sanschering.

It's Pedrosa's MO. The guy has always been the perfect, pure "velocist". Good on the kid and on Honda for this much awaited win.

Lorenzo's ride was outstanding. Kuddos to him... and, yep to you freaky, he precipitated on Rossi. Gotta wonder what this guy will achieve with the right amount of eperience under his belt.

I think we missed posting on Rossi's 100 GP win. That's no small accomplishment. Well deserved, no doubt.

And, yes, yes, yes freaky. I will never get why the 125cc's and 250cc's don't run there. They would give us some great racing.

It is a shame the lower classes don't race there, apparently it's simply because there is not enough space in the pits though.

It is a shame the lower classes don't race there, apparently it's simply because there is not enough space in the pits though.

Well, if they eliminated those waste-of-time AMA series, they'd have more than enough room in the pits. I'd be 1000000000% in favor of that.

101 wins for Rossi! Great, another fantastic battle between George and Vale. I really thought George had got it there.