Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

George, since when did you start racing MotoGP? I leave for a week and look what I find :P

Nah, sorry, the guy is Jorge and I'll tease anyone who says otherwise XD But I definitely agree, it was a great race and for some laps I even thought that Stoner might win and then that would be the cure for his weird illness :P The people around here are speculating with Lorenzo's future, for what my useless opinion is worth, I'd rather he stayed at Yamaha if every second race can be like this!

By the way, all the spotlight in the lower series hogged by the Spaniards (OK, and Simoncelli, lucky dog to have the race shortened xD), I'm fearing a Spanish MotoGP era coming soon, let's hope only some of them pass the test of time! Otherwise it'll be quite weird...

True. Seven out of 9 podiums were Spaniards. A very strong effort by the lot of them. Congrats to their compatriot fans around here.

125cc. Simon was flawless. Pity Smith and Marquez.

250cc. Simoncelli was on target. Aoyama was cunning. Bautista... if he doesn't sort out his first lap problems, well,...

MotoGP. It was a treat to see the four strongest riders bunched up at the front... yet not much happened. Lap after lap of wheel to wheel. It was more about anticipation of what could happen and it showed how tricky it is to pass on this track. In the end, attrition did most of the job on the lot. Kuddos to Rossi... and, damn, I've just thought again that this only Lorenzo's 2nd year.

We still have plenty of fun to come.

Oh dear, it seems Jorge/George (:P) is getting a bit too greedy. He won't take Yamaha up on their offer because he believes he is worth more than what they are offering. Yeah, and you've beaten your team mate how many times this year?!

George, since when did you start racing MotoGP? I leave for a week and look what I find :P

Nah, sorry, the guy is Jorge and I'll tease anyone who says otherwise XD But I definitely agree, it was a great race and for some laps I even thought that Stoner might win and then that would be the cure for his weird illness :P The people around here are speculating with Lorenzo's future, for what my useless opinion is worth, I'd rather he stayed at Yamaha if every second race can be like this!

By the way, all the spotlight in the lower series hogged by the Spaniards (OK, and Simoncelli, lucky dog to have the race shortened xD), I'm fearing a Spanish MotoGP era coming soon, let's hope only some of them pass the test of time! Otherwise it'll be quite weird...

:lol:

On the topic of Lorenzo's future: I'd also like to see him stay at Yamaha for the same reason. It is rare for a rider like Rossi to be pushed so hard from a team mate or any other rider in the field for that matter, it gives us viewers the opportunity to see him raise his game, same way that Prost and Senna raised theirs when they were battling, same again with Nadal and Federer. The greats only raise their game when another great comes along, and it's always great (if I can use that word again) for the show.

Welcome back George^^

Have you guys read what Lorenzo is saying now? "I am here to learn after all, I never was a serious contender", and here I thought he was becoming a decent guy... Anyway, hope that jinxes him, for not being brave enough! Sunday's races were quite good,

125cc were doing great until they stopped them, afterwards I only saw the finish and my favourites were nowhere to be seen anymore, and Simon had to win >.<

250cc were, for what little I saw, pretty boring, pity Bautista couldn't catch Aoyama in the end.

MotoGP was great in the beginning, then the disappointment because Elias fell, expecting either Dani or Lorenzo to fall next, expectation quite accurate after all, even the luck that his bike was a bit too shattered to continue :P Then I was kinda expecting Rossi to fall somewhere, there's nothing like perfect 21 laps in the rain I guess. But again the luck of his bike being good enough to finish the race :P And some overtaking, and in the end everybody came alive so De Puniet and Edwards were great fun to watch :) After all I'm happy for Dovi because he deserved a victory after 3 consecutive falls and he did great in the rain ^^

Better than F1 :whistling::P

Yep, 125cc was a mess.

Bautista keeps failing to start well while Aoyama was outstanding.

And kudos to Rossi for picking himself up.

Is anyone following SBK? Old fart Biaggi did rather well... after Spies was crashed out in the first race. The second race was all Spies. The man is a freaking genius. I heard a rumor that he might be heading for MotoGP...

So we have a new team for 2010.At last Aspar has made it to MotoGP!!

Bautista is his 1st option,and 2nd are Elias and Barber

I think he's just trying to take the pressure off himself with all that "I'm not fighting for the championship, just here to learn" rubbish. I don't believe that he believes that for a second.

Yeah exactly.But honestly I doubt we'll see another great race like (Barcelona?)

Remember last year,he even leaded the championship and then he started fading away and ended on 4th.

I know he has 1more year of experience,and Stoner is not 100%,and all that,but meh...I think he will go backwards as the season progresses.

Or not.

Yep, I agree that he's trying to take off some pressure, but I don't like it! Hope it's a good jinx! I think a person has to face a challenge, and if he fails he can say that he has learnt a lot and will try again... well, that might just be my opinion...

About the new team: much needed!! Get Bautista in!!

Tanita,who do you think is the hottest MGP rider?

Rossi,De Puniet,Dovi,Hayden,Stoner,Toseland and Elias are not bad at all.One thing that's bad is that I like about 50% of the grid.Must be summer.LoOoOL.Rofl.Lmao. :mellow:

It doesn't really matter what Lorenzo or Rossi say. It's all that "psychological war" bs.

There are some 7 races left. All it's needed is for Rossi to have to retire once and everything changes.

It seems to me that the important issue is that they keep going at it race after race... whether it is Rossi, Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner (or, truly, anyone one in the field) figthing it out and giving us some good racing. Heck, if the MotoGP races were to resemble the 125cc (in terms of six, seven guys fighting elbow to elbow to the flag), it would be a dream come true.

In any case, the Lorenzo thingy. Well, he landed in MotoGP next to Rossi last season. Yet he's done well (much better than other riders with far more experience). He's pushed Rossi, he is up there. Good enough afaik.

Tanita,who do you think is the hottest MGP rider?

Rossi,De Puniet,Dovi,Hayden,Stoner,Toseland and Elias are not bad at all.One thing that's bad is that I like about 50% of the grid.Must be summer.LoOoOL.Rofl.Lmao. :mellow:

THE bad thing is that they are 50% of the grid, there should be more riders and more choice! Anyway, I agree :D Must be summer :P

Angel Nieto on Rossi retiring from a race: Rossi has a mean of 1 huge error per season, now that he's made one too many I wouldn't be expecting another :P

Only joking, anything can happen of course :) Though the quote is real, haha.

I got the feeling today that Rossi had the speed and the life in his tyres to win it from the front. The fact that Lorenzo got past then binned it under pressure when Rossi came back at him tells me that Valentino has firmly won the war of minds and now almost certainly the championship. I have never seen him so pleased. Awesome.

Yeah, I so agree with you Dribs, he did look quite pleased. And.. um.. you already said it all, yeah, see you next race folks :P

Another fantastic race, another fantastic win by Valentino. The best and will always be the best.

Lorenzo Lorenzo, silly boy, should've saved that pass for the last lap imo (not that my opinion counts, I'd probably crash in a straight line on a bike with half the power of the MotoGP bikes).

Lorenzo Lorenzo, silly boy, should've saved that pass for the last lap imo (not that my opinion counts, I'd probably crash in a straight line on a bike with half the power of the MotoGP bikes).

Indeed. Jorge just doesn't know when the time is right. When is the right time anyway? I mean, he could do it on the last lap only for Vally to nail him on the last corner. He really seems fuddled by the champ. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't demanding equal pay at Yamaha.

As for crashing in a straight line with half the power, I doubt it. I know your comment wasn't serious anyway but it is quite incredible how quickly one gets used to the grunt of a very powerful motorcycle. Insane speeds and the ability to accelarate quicker than anything on four wheels this side of a Veyron all too quickly becomes normal. In fact, 143bhp or 700bhp per ton sometimes doesn't seem enough. I can only imagine what 250bhp on a bike must feel like. At least they have traction control but I bet it's still mind warping. Having said that, as I alluded to, they probably would like and could handle more.

Lorenzo's second year in MotoGP and having Rossi as teammate... I say he's doing quite well. Sure, he crashed and it simply shows that Rossi's got much more options while Lorenzo is still learning his way.

The true pity, really, is Stoner's absence and Honda's lack of performance.

Anyway, the championship appears done with six races to go... let's hope it means we'll get some great races by riders with little to lose.

By the way, kudos to Elias.

I think we will still get great races from Valentino and Jorge, if the latter doesn't give up, which I think isn't in his nature at all. Valentino is giving it his all, which is great for him and for us, and I think that's the most respect he can show his rivals, especially Lorenzo. I definitely hope both of them wil keep it up, despite the points difference. After all Lorenzo has nothing to lose, and Valentino is always up for a fight. And of course it would be great if the show goes on among all the riders.

Well, well, Rossi crashed and Lorenzo prevailed. We might still have some fun.

Indeed. Bothe Jorge and Valentino are of the 'win it or bin it' mentality. No cruise and collect for them. Maybe they should take up F1.

Indeed. Bothe Jorge and Valentino are of the 'win it or bin it' mentality. No cruise and collect for them. Maybe they should take up F1.

:blink::blink::blink::blink: Are you actually replying to maure's post & not threatening him?? Brace yourselves guys (& gals), armageddon is here!

I've decided Jorge Lorenzo is my favorite rider. Now tell me everything bad you know about him so I know if it's safe to be a fan of his or not.

Ben Spies is coming to MotoGP full-time in 2011 for a Yamaha team. Probably Tech3, since I don't think Yamaha will be adding a new team, and I don't see him on the works squad. He got lucky and took the points lead in WSBK. I think he's fairly decent.

I've decided Jorge Lorenzo is my favorite rider. Now tell me everything bad you know about him so I know if it's safe to be a fan of his or not.

Ben Spies is coming to MotoGP full-time in 2011 for a Yamaha team. Probably Tech3, since I don't think Yamaha will be adding a new team, and I don't see him on the works squad. He got lucky and took the points lead in WSBK. I think he's fairly decent.

Jorge Lorenzo is an excellent choice of favourite MotoGP rider, when Rossi retires he will be the best on the grid. As for Spies, the speculation is that if he wins the title this year he'll be at Tech3 next year, but he'll definitely be there by 2011. He won't go straight to the factory Yamaha team 'cos the rules don't allow rookies to do that (even world champs in other categories).