Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Motogp

I've decided Jorge Lorenzo is my favorite rider. Now tell me everything bad you know about him so I know if it's safe to be a fan of his or not.

You will hear questionable references to Lorenzo's past.

It goes like this. He was very, very young and a lot of fun in 125cc. His motto was "ready for war" and he delivered many fun fights. He was an arrogant b#####d, though, because of his age and childhood background. We laughed it off at the time. When he moved up to 250cc, he was beaten by the likes of Pedrosa and others. His arrogance was no longer fun at all. Many took a profound dislike to him that lasts to this day. Eventually, though, he matured and did so in such a manner that it still has many in somewhat of an awe. Anyway, he managed to win two successful world championships in 250cc before moving up to MotoGP. These were important, obviously, but were achieved without the utter domination of, for example again, Pedrosa. In fact, it was only until Pedrosa moved on to MotoGP, that Lorenzo had the 250cc class all for himself. Summing up, his arrival as partner of Rossi was lukewarm. He didn't seem to have the stuff. Boy, were we wrong. He has stepped up his game so much that it's difficult to recognize him. With Stoner out of the game (and with Rossi's bike), it's difficult to rank him properly. However, the maturity of his personality (today) and his performances the last two years prove that he is undoubtedly one of the strongest riders in the field.

It may be too much to claim he is heir to Rossi's throne... but he is doing much that others simply can't. I too am (have become) a Lorenzo fan.

I agree with what's been said. Though I'm not becoming a Lorenzo fan until Rossi retires and who knows if there won't be someone else who catches my eye by then. I didn't like Lorenzo's arrogant past at all. But I definitely prefer him, Pedrosa is dreadfully dull and Stoner, well, maybe he'll be higher on the ranking when he's fit again.

I really want to see what Spies can do in MotoGP, I think it was him who ran a race and did very well last year. Though I might be mistaken.

By the way, last Sunday I saw the funniest 7-8 laps of a race in ages :D Crazy stuff^^

Fun, fun, fun, 125cc race and congrats to the new WC Simon (Simmon?).

On to the 250cc's. Cheering on Aoyama and Bautista but let's see how things play out. Warmup lap on its way as I type...

1.Congrats to Stoner!!Oh and btw he's already 3rd in the standings :D

2.Sim

Yep. It went down from 125cc to MotoGP.

Aoyama did not impress. Bautista has yet to learn how to start well. Good on Simoncelli.

Lorenzo made the nth rookie mistake. It killed the mojo of what's left of the championship. Not cool, Lorenzo, not cool. Still, good on Stoner, brilliant return.

1255838061_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Give him a break. It was his first day on George's diet. Of course he was going to be having some issues.

Too bad ol' Whorehay Whorenzo doesn't have an excuse. He'll be world champ one day cuz I want him to be.

Yeah, his competitors saw a lot of his back in the past race, too...hehehehehehehehehehehehheomgsofunny.

elloell!!! :P

Nice 125cc race.

Bettered, though, by the 250cc race. Aoyama did one of his best races despite Simoncelli... because it must be said, Simoncelli is a strong rider (best of the lot the 2nd half of the season) but he is also the dirtiest coward on and off track. He will change his ways or end up disappearing like so many of his ilk have in the past...

The MotoGP race showed that Stoner might have won this season were not for the 3-race drop out and mistery illness. Lorenzo might still lose the 2nd place... no matter how hard would that be.

Anyway, good on old Rossi for hitting it the 9th time over... what's up with you all? Are not congratulations in order?

We're trying to get sober enough to be able to write them *hic*

Ok, that's not true, I was waiting for somebody else to start XD

Only thing that can be said about Stoner is that next year is going to be even better than this year, as reputedly he's in his best form ever. Now, why the hell is next season so far in the future? ouch XD

I didn't see the 125cc race, a bit too early xD 250 was great though, and that considering that I only half-watched it.

I would start dancing and singing a made up song called "Rossi won" but I'm a bit too sober for it now.. ouch >.<

The season is over and the last races were not bad at all. Pity Stoner's rookie error and congrats to Aoyama. Screw Simoncelli.

The comic relief was to see Ecclestone walking around the paddock, utterly shocked by the discovery that it is possible to have a successful (and real) competition without fixing race after race. What a huge, huge difference from F1. Anyway, lucky us that we can count on MotoGP to deliver... despite its many own problems, btw. We'll see how the Moto2 thingy turns out.

Rossi, Aoyama, Simon, all fought tooth and nail against strong competition (other riders, I mean, not the organization as is the case in F1) and are very much deserving champions.

A pleasure to watch.

It is a fact that there are few bike guys around here. It's an F1 site and all.

But, come on!

Has F1 so profoundly-fcking-tastically shoved apathy into your soul that you are unable to raise a few fingers to key in some words celebrating a rather quite decent season of MotoGP?

Mmmmm, I liked the 250 race, very fun xD

I don't like Simon, so I won't comment, and also I didn't see that many 125cc races as to be entitled to a comment xD But I saw the one when he shortened the race by a lap :P

250, I'm happy for Aoyama, he's a deserving champion, and he indeed had worthy competition (excluding when Bautista decided to imitate the strange Spanish habit of falling race after race >.< ).

MotoGP, it was a very exciting season considering that MotoGP is no 125cc where they fall left, right and centre xD The Rossi-Lorenzo battles were great, Stoner is feeling great now (2010, come already!!), and even though the competition was between 4 guys it was very fun overall. Now, if 2010 will come already to see how crazy Simoncelli and recent champion Aoyama fare with the big boys...

By the way, I know almost nothing about Moto 2, can someone tell me the basic differences with 250cc? Sorry that I'm lazy to look, but maybe that way we can have some conversation.

I'll try to write something coherent as I've been studying for nearly 12 hrs today :wacko: and my brain hurts :D

-125: meh Simon will fail in Moto2 I suspect.I don't like him.Always saw him as an unspecial rider.

A good year for my golden boys Pol Espargar

By the way, I know almost nothing about Moto 2, can someone tell me the basic differences with 250cc? Sorry that I'm lazy to look, but maybe that way we can have some conversation.

Basically, Moto2 is 4-stroke class instead of the 250cc 2-stroke class. All engines supplied by Honda. Tyres are restricted to a single supplier but cannot remember who (Dunlop?). Brake changes too (from carbon-fibre to steel)... and, of course, the Moto2 bikes will be 600cc which is quite a jump. Makes you think what should be done to MotoGP that has been going down in cc's year after year.

I came across an article on the new regulations at some point... hold on a minute... here!

http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/12/moto2-600cc-four-stroke-class.html

Hope it helps.

-125: meh Simon will fail in Moto2 I suspect.I don't like him.Always saw him as an unspecial rider.

A good year for my golden boys Pol Espargar

Thanks Maure, I'll read the link when I come back from uni :) So it is quite a big change, but reminds me strangely of GP2... what's with all the standardization? Well, at least we'll compare to the other cathegories and see if it's better or worse than before. Regarding MotoGP - go to 1000cc again and reduce electronics a bit... (quoting word by word something Rossi said xDDD)

Standardization, monopoly, it all spells disaster ultimately. Which part of the word COMPETITION some people do not understand...

I'm with Rossi too on MotoGP.

Read on Autosport that Aprilia won't be racing in Moto 2 (well, I catch up with news very late, sorry xD), I say well done. Why should they race with Honda engines? I think them not wanting to be involved might make people think that part over, or hopefully they will because I don't like it.

We've got the MotoGP season coming up. Looking forward do it, naturally. I paid the 70 something euros (motherfckers keep busting up the price every year). No problem, of course. I'm rich.

Anyway, the SBK site has changed and can't find the fcking SBK TV. Anyone out there that could give me a heads up? Much appreciated.

Eat a naughty shroom today. Be my guest.