Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Malaysia Testing!

All the teams except Spyker will be in attendance for the first formula1 in-season tests starting tommorow in Sepang,Malaysia.

Under current testing rules for inseason testing,teams are allowed one car per day for testing.

Mclaren will be utilising the services of Lewis Hamilton during the first two days and Pedro de la rosa will be joining the team for the final day. World champion Fernando Alonso meanwhile will continue to test at the team's base in Woking,UK on the simulator.

Details for the other teams will be disclosed shortly.................

Live updates can be found at

www.f1today.nl

www.blog.renaultf1.com

Cheers!

All the teams except Spyker will be in attendance for the first formula1 in-season tests starting tommorow in Sepang,Malaysia.

Under current testing rules for inseason testing,teams are allowed one car per day for testing.

Mclaren will be utilising the services of Lewis Hamilton during the first two days and Pedro de la rosa will be joining the team for the final day. World champion Fernando Alonso meanwhile will continue to test at the team's base in Woking,UK on the simulator.

Details for the other teams will be disclosed shortly.................

Live updates can be found at

www.f1today.nl

www.blog.renaultf1.com

Cheers!

When does this start?

Please excuse my utter ignorance in all things technical :blush: but isn't the simulator used to familiarize the drivers with the track rather than the car? I must confess I have no idea. I thought the simulator was some kind of video game.

Now you know you should never count on my posts for anything else besides quick laughs :lol:

So Hamilton is going to test the track for real (fair enough, he wont be to familuar with it) while Alonso stays home to play video games!!!

Please excuse my utter ignorance in all things technical :blush: but isn't the simulator used to familiarize the drivers with the track rather than the car? I must confess I have no idea. I thought the simulator was some kind of video game.

Now you know you should never count on my posts for anything else besides quick laughs :lol:

and to hear of the Jacuzzi's???

Kubica fastest on day one at Sepang

Robert Kubica maintained BMW-Sauber's impressive early season form with the quickest time on the opening day of testing at Sepang on Tuesday.

The Polish driver, who was forced to retire from the season opening Australian Grand Prix with gearbox problems, edged out world championship leader Kimi Raikkonen by just more than one tenth of a second.

Kubica's F1.07 car featured new aerodynamic solutions for the Sepang circuit, as well as modifications to the gearbox that the team hoped would overcome the problem he suffered at Albert Park.

Behind Raikkonen, Williams' Alexander Wurz showed improved form for his team - as the outfit spent time focusing on improving their single-lap pace. The Austrian also evaluated new Bridgestone tyre markings late in the day.

Rubens Barrichello showed some slightly better pace from Honda Racing after their disastrous Australian Grand Prix. The new RA107 was fitted with new front suspension components and their revised aero package, with the team trying to establish back-to-back tests to work out how much better the new parts are.

McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa, who hands over his car to Lewis Hamilton tomorrow, was fifth fastest, ahead of Toyota's Franck Montagny who brought out the only red flag of the day when his car stopped with suspected drivetrain problems just before lunch.

Takuma Sato began work for Super Aguri to set the seventh fastest time but new aerodynamic parts due to be evaluated for the Malaysian Grand Prix only arrived late in the day so will not be run until tomorrow.

Behind eighth fastest David Coulthard, Nelson Piquet Jr. tried some minor engine modifications on the R27, with Scott Speed slowest out of the 10 cars present.

Tuesday's testing times:

Pos Driver Make Time Laps

1. Kubica BMW-Sauber ( B) 1:36.187 92

2. Raikkonen Ferrari ( B) 1:36.302 54

3. Wurz Williams-Toyota ( B) 1:36.334 89

4. Barrichello Honda ( B) 1:36.826 82

5. De la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes ( B) 1:37.106 60

6. Montagny Toyota ( B) 1:37.267 73

7. Sato Super Aguri-Honda ( B) 1:37.389 72

8. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault ( B) 1:37.609 82

9. Piquet Renault ( B) 1:38.199 32

10. Speed Toro Rosso-Ferrari ( B) 1:38.503 69

Ferrari and McLaren sometimes have a habit of doing unrepresentative lap times in testing, so I would expect those positions to change come race time.

Pedro and Kimi could be sandbagging a little bit...........

BMW, Williams, Toyota, Honda, RBR...they can set all the great times in practice as they want...Renault will finish at least third anyways :P

(My expectations are so low I am settling for a third place :( )

BMW, Williams, Toyota, Honda, RBR...they can set all the great times in practice as they want...Renault will finish at least third anyways :P

I would say that BMW is better than Renault in this season. BMW was ahead of Renault during Australian GP, they will be probably even better in Malaysia *new gearbox, aero improvements.

Ferrari and McLaren sometimes have a habit of doing unrepresentative lap times in testing, so I would expect those positions to change come race time.

you'd better hope MM are sandbagging alot!

renault are twice world champions, i expect their car-development over the course of the season will be better than BMW, who last year didnt really move forward

And atm even the third position may be lost...

And atm even the third position may be lost...

I am counting on the teams spirit. Let's not forget that everybody laughed at Renault for years about the turbos. They kept trying until they got it right. Renault has a tradition of never giving up (unless stupid management decides to back up from the sport) and to continuosly improve.

Never underestimate a Renault!

[quote name='Quiet One' post='183670' date='Mar 27 2007, 12:24 PM']I am counting on the teams spirit. Let's not forget that everybody laughed at Renault for years about the turbos. They kept trying until they got it right. Renault has a tradition of never giving up (unless stupid management decides to back up from the sport) and to continuosly improve.
Never underestimate a Renault![/quote]
I am not underestimating the Renaults but i neither wan't to underestimate the BMW's.... Thus i think Reno's third place is threatened

I am counting on the teams spirit. Let's not forget that everybody laughed at Renault for years about the turbos. They kept trying until they got it right. Renault has a tradition of never giving up (unless stupid management decides to back up from the sport) and to continuosly improve.

Never underestimate a Renault!

I had a Renault. It fell to pieces.

So Hamilton is going to test the track for real (fair enough, he wont be to familuar with it) while Alonso stays home to play video games!!!

Yeah, I heard Alonso was searching for Cheat codes in the internet! :P

Oh yeah??? Well, I had a...ermm...Ferrari and...ermmm...

Oh, forget it! It's not worth it! :lol:

Oh yeah??? Well, I had a...ermm...Ferrari and...ermmm...

Oh, forget it! It's not worth it! :lol:

you loved it soo much but the jacuzzi's caught you in your dirty affair and thus decided to come after you brainwash your mind and keep the car for themselves. Away from your eyes....

renault are twice world champions, i expect their car-development over the course of the season will be better than BMW, who last year didnt really move forward

I think BMW was the most moving forward team in the F1. No other team improved that much. And Renault last year was actually getting worse during the course of the season.

I think BMW was the most moving forward team in the F1. No other team improved that much. And Renault last year was actually getting worse during the course of the season.

Actually, BMW did no better than Sauber in a good year. Renault made massive improvements (and revolutionized front wing design) in the last half of the season. Those boys were 'on it'. The TMD ruling was a massive set-back, despite their claims at the time, and they developed their hearts out to get a race-winning car again.....At least one of the cars was race-winning....maybe Fisico didn't get the updates...

My uncle bought a Renault Le Car new. We don't invite him to family gatherings anymore.