Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Malaysia Testing!

If I remember correctly, his visiting his dad over there

JR, how hot is it there....

he said earlier that its about 36 degrees celsius during the day. Thats too hot for me!

yes ykick before you tell us again, i know that you get those kind of temperatures all the time where you live and that we english are pasty wimps!

It will be interesting to see how fast Ferrari are when, either they modify their car, or McLaren add this floor device to theirs

FLASH: SEPANG TEST EXTENDED BY ANOTHER DAY!

Formula One teams have decided to extend this week's test at Sepang for another day because of the poor weather conditions that marred today's running.

The pre-Malaysian Grand Prix test was scheduled to end this afternoon, but an overnight downpour that continued into the morning left the track in pretty poor conditions for the start of Thursday's running.

Although the warm weather meant the circuit had dried up by 11:00am, another downpour late in the afternoon meant there was a very limited opportunity for dry-weather work.

With the equipment and personnel staying in Malaysia anyway because of next weekend's Grand Prix, the teams agreed to extend their running for another day.

Only Scuderia Toro Rosso have decided against staying on.

FLASH: SEPANG TEST EXTENDED BY ANOTHER DAY!

Formula One teams have decided to extend this week's test at Sepang for another day because of the poor weather conditions that marred today's running.

The pre-Malaysian Grand Prix test was scheduled to end this afternoon, but an overnight downpour that continued into the morning left the track in pretty poor conditions for the start of Thursday's running.

Although the warm weather meant the circuit had dried up by 11:00am, another downpour late in the afternoon meant there was a very limited opportunity for dry-weather work.

With the equipment and personnel staying in Malaysia anyway because of next weekend's Grand Prix, the teams agreed to extend their running for another day.

thanks force supreme :thbup:

Hamilton fastest in rain-hit Sepang testing

Lewis Hamilton led the way on Thursday's rain-hit third day of testing at Sepang, as changeable weather conditions left drivers and teams frustrated.

An overnight downpour meant the track was soaked for the start of the day and, although it eventually dried up just before lunch, another shower late in the afternoon meant there was only a few hours for drivers to set their best laps.

Hamilton stopped on the track once with an oil leak just after 12pm, but soon got further acclimatized to the Sepang circuit to set a best lap that was two tenths of a second faster than Mark Webber's Red Bull Racing car.

Ralf Schumacher was third quickest for Toyota, while Scuderia Toro Rosso's Vitantonio Liuzzi was just one hundredth of a second behind him.

Felipe Massa, taking over duties from Kimi Raikkonen, was fifth fastest ahead of Nico Rosberg in the Williams and Jenson Button in the Honda - who completed a mammoth 92 laps.

Behind eighth fastest Anthony Davidson in the Super Aguri, Nick Heidfeld had the most dramatic day as his car stopped on track in the morning with an oil leak - which promptly caught fire and damaged the bodywork.

With the mixed conditions limiting dry running today, the teams have decided to extend the test for another day. Only Scuderia Toro Rosso will not stay on for the extra running.

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Times Laps

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:35.918 57

2. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:36.138 62

3. R.Schumacher Toyota 1:36.700 69

4. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:36.712 56

5. Massa Ferrari 1:36.947 64

6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:37.070 71

7. Button Honda 1:37.472 92

8. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 1:37.606 44

9. Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:38.551 35

10. Kovalainen Renault 1:39.654 20

------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh Yeah! Now we're talkin'.................although he did stop on track. Thanks anyway God! :prayhands::bow:

Im reasonably happy with Red Bull's performances over the past few days. They look like they are gaining a greater understanding of the car which can only mean good things for the races.

Do you even look at the times? He may be top but much slower than Kimi from yesterday. And look at Massa's time, clearly on a different program. I'd say Kimi's fastest lap yesterday was low fuel soft tyre run, and I don't believe McLaren have done one yet. We know they're behind Ferrari on long run pace but single lap they should be pretty close. I'm not sure if the new bits Alonso was testing on the simulator made it onto the car for these tests or not.

any idea if ferrari and BMW have made changes to their car to stop the floor from flexing?

They don't need to remove the device as the FIA allowed them to use it and yeah, i guess they'd have to make some modifications to the device as to pass through the new testing systems as modified by the FIA so normally they'd be testing those now......

Do you even look at the times? He may be top but much slower than Kimi from yesterday. And look at Massa's time, clearly on a different program. I'd say Kimi's fastest lap yesterday was low fuel soft tyre run, and I don't believe McLaren have done one yet. We know they're behind Ferrari on long run pace but single lap they should be pretty close. I'm not sure if the new bits Alonso was testing on the simulator made it onto the car for these tests or not.

Yeah his time was far slower than Kimi's but did you look at the track conditions today,far more worse than yesterday......and also yes the new bits Alonso tried on in the simulator were used by Hamilton in sepang today.........look at the Ferrari-esque Mirrors today in the pics.

Red Bull Renault going off!!! DC 3rd day 2, MW 2nd day 3 (wet)

The race weekend end at australia did red bull the world of good, they now how a much better understanding of that car and should keep improving steadily as the year goes on, they already seem to have a jet in a straight line so theres a base to work on.

Well if Ferrari don't have to remove it, it will appear on the McLaren by the time the race is staged.

News today...................... Ferrari have modified the flexing floor...........

Just a turning vane stay connected to the underside of the chassis.

Look at the Ferrari launch thread (post 50)

Its always been there.

News today...................... Ferrari have modified the flexing floor...........

Yes they did but the gap Ferrari have now (in points) is so big that there is nothing that the other teams can do reduce it. :naughty:

What the Heikki!

Kovalainen fastest as Sepang test ends

Heikki Kovalainen finally had something to smile about this week after topping the times on the final day of pre-Malaysian Grand Prix testing in Sepang on Friday.

The Finn, who had a disappointing F1 debut in Australia and was bottom of the timesheets on Thursday, set a confidence-boosting time that was four hundredths of a second faster that Ferrari's Felipe Massa.

With drivers clearly trying out new tyre runs ahead of next weekend's race, Anthony Davidson was a surprise third fastest as Super Aguri's SA07 proved that the form it showed in Australia was not a flash in the pan.

Nico Rosberg was fourth fastest for Williams, with the team having stated this week that they wanted to work on their pace over a single lap following their disappointing qualifying performance in Australia.

Toyota's Franck Montagny was fifth quickest, ahead of BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld and Honda Racing's Jenson Button, who only took part in the morning session.

Lewis Hamilton completed his pre-Malaysian GP preparation in the morning to set the eighth quickest time, before handing over his McLaren to Pedro de la Rosa in the afternoon.

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:35.767 55

2. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:35.808 72

3. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:36.787 68

4. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:37.002 104

5. Montagny Toyota (B) 1:37.206 78

6. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) 1:37.318 70

7. Button Honda (B) 1:37.326 37

8. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:37.448 43

9. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:37.338 42

10. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:38.542 56

11. Klien Honda (B) 1:39.176 25

12. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:39.303 24

-------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WHAT THE MACCA?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McLaren also tried that mirror arrangement in Bahrain.

Looks like neither of the McLaren drivers didn't attempt a banzai lap again, though thats just speculation on my part.

Yes they did but the gap Ferrari have now (in points) is so big that there is nothing that the other teams can do reduce it. :naughty:

I think you are stuck to 2004 season! :naughty:

WHAT GAP? Mclaren lead Ferrari by 1 point.

Dearest La force supreme,

Shumikonen is just referring to the difference in car performance. Mclaren did well, yes they did, but the piture would have been slightly different if both Ferrari finish the poitions they should. I expect that renault and BMW will slightly improve as the races go on to fight Mclaren for 2nd position :D