Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shane2

Jesus The Musical

I have a feeling any cristian would find that offensive

Just to be clear.. Yes that is pretty offensive. Imagine if that were a video of Mohammed singing I am Woman!

Importantly, I don't hear Christians rioting in the streets, burning any effigies, or murdering any filmmakers. I suppose thats because, Christianity has moved beyond violence as a primary means of expression!

There is nothing in the bible against making depictions of Jesus. Some christians may find it offensive, but that would only be down to inability to take a joke, as there is nothing in the bible that, to my knowledge prevents the depiction of Jesus in such a manner.

Muslims just can't take a joke in general

Just to be clear.. Yes that is pretty offensive. Imagine if that were a video of Mohammed singing I am Woman!

Importantly, I don't hear Christians rioting in the streets, burning any effigies, or murdering any filmmakers. I suppose thats because, Christianity has moved beyond violence as a primary means of expression!

lol reminds me of the south park episode where they showed mohammed on family guy :clap3:

Those 2 Episodes of South Park where the funniest going, apart from Trapped in the closet :P

Firstly i am not a muslim so i would have no effect of that. But you have to understand in muslim countries religion is taught fullly in high schools and is a very important part of life for them, while in christainity it is not a compulsion to believe in God and most people don't think religion is a main/most important part of life (among cristians)

No, it is because Muslims are far more radicalised, and are unable to accept any criticisms of their Religion (just read some of abbas_gear's posts), not to mention they are (in general) far more intolerant of non-followers

IMHO Christianity is evolving to correspond with modern society, Whereas Islam is still stuck in the dark ages.

I don't think youtube has the balls to store videos satirising the Gods/Dieties of religions other than Christianity. It's a fact that most religions have people becoming intolerant to any criticisim or satire. This is not to say that Christianity is good.

I am an atheist ,by the way.

There is nothing in the bible against making depictions of Jesus. Some christians may find it offensive, but that would only be down to inability to take a joke, as there is nothing in the bible that, to my knowledge prevents the depiction of Jesus in such a manner.

The presence of God is tremendous... believe me, it is'nt something to joke about. Depicting Jesus running down the road half naked like a sodomite is downright blashemous, it shows the state of mind the world is in, no respect for God. Men, the emphasis on man, has since the middle ages, or rather, even from the age of Laodecia, taken the Word, turned it upside down, and promoted the scriptures blashemous, humorous and violent. At least the muslim do something to protect the integrity that comes with serving a god. There's no doubt about it, this video was made to mock Jesus, and I'm not at all happy with seeing this utter disregard for a God that called Himself the Alfa and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

You don't mess with God, it will come back to you hundredfold!

Of Christian belief I can definately see the funny side. It's true Christians generally can take a joke and that in a lot of cases Muslims cannot. Theres no doubt if this joke was on their religion the guy who made it would have a death sentence on his head.

It's also true Muslims as a whole are a lot more pssionate about their faith but they are a little extreme at times in some of the belefs.

Still it was amusing.

The presence of God is tremendous... believe me, it is'nt something to joke about. Depicting Jesus running down the road half naked like a sodomite is downright blashemous, it shows the state of mind the world is in, no respect for God. Men, the emphasis on man, has since the middle ages, or rather, even from the age of Laodecia, taken the Word, turned it upside down, and promoted the scriptures blashemous, humorous and violent. At least the muslim do something to protect the integrity that comes with serving a god. There's no doubt about it, this video was made to mock Jesus, and I'm not at all happy with seeing this utter disregard for a God that called Himself the Alfa and Omega, the Beginning and the End.

That only applies if you believe in god. I don't I am an atheist. The thing Christians, and Muslims (and a lot of other religions also) need to accept is that, first of all the fact that they think they are right doesn't make it so, and secondly not everyone will agree with them.

I have studied the bible however, and I am sure it is not blasphemous to depict Jesus. Some people may find it offensive, but it is really a question of interpretation, the bible itself does not forbid his depiction

That only applies if you believe in god. I don't I am an atheist. The thing Christians, and Muslims (and a lot of other religions also) need to accept is that, first of all the fact that they think they are right doesn't make it so, and secondly not everyone will agree with them.

I have studied the bible however, and I am sure it is not blasphemous to depict Jesus. Some people may find it offensive, but it is really a question of interpretation, the bible itself does not forbid his depiction

I have a problem with the way they depict Jesus, and make Him into some......

xD someone religious will always find beef with something we do. They don't like the fact that not everyone agrees with them :P

AMEN, Brother BradSpeedMan!

I have seen what God can give, and God can take away. Don't kid yourself, any irreverent depiction of God The Father or God The Son, is pure blasphemy. Perhaps Christians are not so radical because the societies of the Muslim world are far more hegemonic. I'd rather pray for a lost or misguided soul than blow up myself and go to Hell.

To depict Jesus or God or The Holy Spirit in an irreverent manner is blasphemous. Just because it's not spelt out for you doesn't mean it is right.

I did find the video to be in very poor taste and very offensive. I will not trample your rights to post whatever you want, however.

AMEN, Brother BradSpeedMan!

I have seen what God can give, and God can take away. Don't kid yourself, any irreverent depiction of God The Father or God The Son, is pure blasphemy. Perhaps Christians are not so radical because the societies of the Muslim world are far more hegemonic. I'd rather pray for a lost or misguided soul than blow up myself and go to Hell.

But the fact is that you don't think you will go to Hell, if you blow yourself, you are doing it for your country/religion and that is the best way to die, sacrifice for others, not live selfishly. and thus you would go directly to Gods arms.

The above are not my views, just my interpretation of what a suicide bomber thinks....

To depict Jesus or God or The Holy Spirit in an irreverent manner is blasphemous. Just because it's not spelt out for you doesn't mean it is right.

I did find the video to be in very poor taste and very offensive. I will not trample your rights to post whatever you want, however.

There is not a passage in the bible that says so, and as the bible is the founding basis of Christian belief, that means the issue is 100% open to interpretation. You are welcome to find a passage to prove me wrong if you wish, but unless the bible spells out that it is blasphemous I am inclined to disagree.

Now I'm very sorry for you Shane...If you dont believe, dont do it, but you must respect the people who does, and dont put the "nobody stands a joke" because its simply stupid.

I dont know what you believe in, in fact I dont care, before putting anything in a worldwide forum you have to think twice.

I'm not a church follower, I'm even atheist if you want, but I have respect for the people...this time you are in the lowest place, shame on you.

No, it is because Muslims are far more radicalised, and are unable to accept any criticisms of their Religion (just read some of abbas_gear's posts), not to mention they are (in general) far more intolerant of non-followers

IMHO Christianity is evolving to correspond with modern society, Whereas Islam is still stuck in the dark ages.

:lol: Am I the only one who sees the irony of these two posts in a thread where al the negative response is from christians, despite your attempt to provoke a member?

Those 2 Episodes of South Park where the funniest going, apart from Trapped in the closet :P

Bah. Scott Tenorman Must Die, nothing else comes close :P

Now I'm very sorry for you Shane...If you dont believe, dont do it, but you must respect the people who does, and dont put the "nobody stands a joke" because its simply stupid.

This is stupid. However his point is valid. Monty Python and the Holy Grail is sheer bloody genius.

I dont know what you believe in, in fact I dont care, before putting anything in a worldwide forum you have to think twice.

I'm not a church follower, I'm even atheist if you want, but I have respect for the people...this time you are in the lowest place, shame on you.

I am not gonna curb my right to free speech because a bunch of religious stiffs don't agree with me. Religious people cry "thats an insult" too much these says. They should learn to take a joke like everyone else

Am I the only one who sees the irony of these two posts in a thread where al the negative response is from christians, despite your attempt to provoke a member?

In general my point was correct. When was the last time a christian suicide bombed anything?

I am not gonna curb my right to free speech because a bunch of religious stiffs don't agree with me. Religious people cry "thats an insult" too much these says. They should learn to take a joke like everyone else

In general my point was correct. When was the last time a christian suicide bombed anything?

[rant]I am complete atheist and, personally, I couldn't care less about religions which I think really are one of the strongest forces behind every war and massacre along with economics. One of the most irritating things about religions and religious people is that they have hard times accepting that you do not believe in anything, and you don't need to be saved and/or punished for that. Religions tend to be highly untolerant (ALL of them, at least the 3 major ones in western countries: Christianism, Jewish and Islam) . I don't try to convert anybody to atheism and, frankly, I am fed up with religious BS and people willing to kill each other for reliegious issues ("MY GOD IS A GOD OF PEACE, SO I WILL KILL YOU FOR NOT BELIEVING IN HIM!!!") and, what's even worst, they drag us all into their wars.[/rant]

That being said, even if I don't like religions, I want a world where everybody can tolerate people having different views. As much as I want to be left alone with my atheism, I must accept to tolerate people believing in God, as long as they don't try to harm me. Good old "Laissez faire" liberalism, which was the idea behind every war the Western has been involved for the past 100 years. As such, I am ready to accept that some things are offensive to believers and I am strongly support their right to be spared from gratuitous offense. Personally, I think that clip is very funny, but I would never have posted it because it would obviously offend some people.

This is not about freedom of speech, it is about respect for the other. Shane, this time you are wrong, Ferrariphile has every right to feel offended by your post. The golden rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is one of the best gifts religions have given to humanity (all religions have a version of it). We should appreciate it no matter if we believe in god or not.

Now whenever i hear 'I Will Survive' i will be saying 'oh christ' for different reasons!

Funny clip Shane.

Now whenever i hear 'I Will Survive' i will be saying 'oh christ' for different reasons!

Yep! :lol:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Yeah, it's a great saying. Props to Christ for that. Just don't say it to a horny sodomite....