Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tvbf1

Malaysia Prediction

I was thinking about starting a tradition here. Like at the beginning of every race, we start a thread like this and predict who's the TOP 8 finisher. (Just the TOP 8 please, we all know who the back runners are)

So who do you guys think the top 8 for Malaysia will be, and guys. This is for fun so there's no need to bash anyone about their opinion. The winner can get an applaud :clap3: from the rest.

For me

1. Kimi - I think Ferrari is blowing smoke about his engine problem

2. Massa

3. Alonso

4. Hamilton

5. Kubica

6. Kovalainen - I just think he got what it takes to be a top driver

7. Rosberg - I think this guy can be the next WDC if he's in a top team

8. Ralf Shumacher

1: Raikkonen (if his engine holds out)

2: Alonso

3: Hamilton

4: Massa

5: Heidfeld

6: Kubica

7: Fisichella

8: Rosberg

1. Hamilton

2. Massa

3. Heidfeld

4. Fisichella

5. Kubica

6. Webber

7. Coulthard

8. Sato.

1. Hamilton 2. Massa 3. Heidfeld 4. Fisichella

5. Kubica 6. Webber 7. Coulthard 8. Sato.

No Kimi or Alonso, I'm guessing that you're saying that they're going to take each other out on the first corner :eusa_think:

No Kimi or Alonso, I'm guessing that you're saying that they're going to take each other out on the first corner :eusa_think:

Not necessarily. I think the reliability of Kimi's car is questionable and that Alonso may also fall foul. It's all guess work of course, i just think that in this incredibly physically demanding race, Lewis is already showing the fitness to take the heat.

One interesting factor is that this race will really show how good the reliability of everyone's cars are. I personally would be surprised to see Alonso fall off, he usually does pretty well in Malaysia, with Raikkonen it depends on whether the hot running actually damaged his engine or not

One interesting factor is that this race will really show how good the reliability of everyone's cars are. I personally would be surprised to see Alonso fall off, he usually does pretty well in Malaysia, with Raikkonen it depends on whether the hot running actually damaged his engine or not

I don't think Alonso will fall off. I'm just bargaining on one of the Mclaren's breaking down as it's early in the season.

Not necessarily. I think the reliability of Kimi's car is questionable and that Alonso may also fall foul. It's all guess work of course, i just think that in this incredibly physically demanding race, Lewis is already showing the fitness to take the heat.

Well it's all just a prediction so everything is possible. I think it's cool to see other's opinion and what they think the field is going to be.

I don't think Alonso will fall off. I'm just bargaining on one of the Mclaren's breaking down as it's early in the season.

I would expect it to be Hamilton if one of them breaks down, I think he pushed his car harder than Alonso did

I would expect it to be Hamilton if one of them breaks down, I think he pushed his car harder than Alonso did

Well McLaren is known to let their leading driver down. Look at Kimi for the past 5 years. If his engine would had held together, he probably would had won the WDC twice already. Well Alonso can only hope that he doesn't have Kimi's bad luck.

Although I am not gonna revive the Car Breaking argument, I am sure there was a reason for that. It could be something specific about his car setup. In winter testing, I dont think a single mercedes engine blew, compare that with 2006 testing when a lot of them blew, that makes me believe they have gotten on top of their reliability problems. Also, considering that the Merc was meant to rev to about 20k it is quiet understressed at 19k. That is a 5% power reduction, which is not insignificant.

They won't if the underfloor they and ferrari use is banned :P

Although I am not gonna revive the Car Breaking argument, I am sure there was a reason for that. It could be something specific about his car setup. In winter testing, I dont think a single mercedes engine blew, compare that with 2006 testing when a lot of them blew, that makes me believe they have gotten on top of their reliability problems. Also, considering that the Merc was meant to rev to about 20k it is quiet understressed at 19k. That is a 5% power reduction, which is not insignificant.

You know when you said Merc, I was thinking of Mercury the car company owned by Ford.

But I do agree that Mercedes reliability has gotten better.

1. Massa

2. Raikkonen

3. Heidfeld

4. Hamilton

5. Alonso

6. Trulli

7. Schumacher (isn't it weird that you dont need to include the R anymore)

8. Button

1. Kimi Raikkonen

2. Felipe Massa

3. Fernando Alonso

4. Robert Kubica

5. Giancarlo Fisichella

6. Lewis Hamilton

7. Mark Webber

8. Nico Rosberg

Agree with most of what you have...

1. Felipe Massa

2. Kimi Raikkonen

3. Fernando Alonso

4. Robert Kubica

5. Lewis Hamilton

6. Giancarlo Fisichella

7. Nick Hieldfeld

8. Ralf Schumachar

by the way we allready put our predictions up by using the PPP on the front page of the forums...

Keep an eye on Massa, he going to bounce back !

no he wont! after malaysia i'll be saying "i told you so" all over again!

no he wont! after malaysia i'll be saying "i told you so" all over again!

Wating for 8th April :)

1: Alonso (Lighter fuel this time so he will be better off the start which will be from pole anyway)

2: Massa (he'll be very determined to do get a flawless weekend this time)

3: Hamilton (I'm being kind to him saying 3rd, i'm not to sure he has the fitness for the very harsh conditions he'll be racing in that weekend)

4: Raikkonen (he'll take an engine change but will qualify on the first or 2nd row then have a relatively easy time fighting through for a points finish on the long straights and wide track of Malaysia)

5: Kubica (I'm gonna guess one of the BMW's will have a mechanical failure and to keep things nice id say its Heidfelds turn)

6: Kovalinen, Kovelinan, Kov...Heikki (no rain to distrupt his practice and he will get the car feeling right for him this time)

7: Fisichella (he's an F1 driver....proberly nice to mention him)

8: Davidson (I'd like to say Webber but feel Davidson showed alot of determination in Australia to finish the race with an injured back, leaving him to be stretchered away to hospital after the race, so he deserves a point)

So far here's the result

4 for Kimmi

3 for Massa

1 for Alonso

1 for Hamilton

Ferarri 7 and McLaren 2

A lot of people are favoring the Ferarri's and even though Alonso is the the 2X WDC, people think that he has the same chance of winning the grand prix as Hamilton. Interesting.