Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tvbf1

Malaysia Prediction

1. Nick (couldn't resist)

2. Flipper

3. Fernando

4. Lewis (mercedes would never let him beat nando :/)

5. Kubi

Don't think I am being rude cos I am not, but is that really what you think, realistically is gonna happen, or just a hopeful one? :P

Hey guys, we got the PPP competition for this, why not post after each race and discuss, that would be interesting

I was thinking the same thing Brad, we are giving our tips away doing it like this :D

2. Flipper

3. Fernando

5. Kubi

we had to give top 8, who are you rest 3???

2. Flipper

3. Fernando

5. Kubi

we had to give top 8, who are you rest 3???

Katy could be predicting a mass first corner pile up. We might of lost JPM but we still have DC who has proven that he can trigger a pile up to take out the field. Problem may stem from how do you take out the majority from P16????? :eusa_think::P

:lol:

Don't think I am being rude cos I am not, but is that really what you think, realistically is gonna happen, or just a hopeful one? :P

its about having a bit of hope + knowing what nick can do ;)

1) Kimi

2) Massa

3) Alonso

4 down, who really cares?

Katy, Nick drives faster than his car, which is a good compliment to him. The problem is his car isn't quick enough. He could win by attrition, but that's about it...

He could win by attrition, but that's about it...

I don't mind... lol

It's like Dr. T said, we can win on others mistakes...

hehehehe I agree with him...

1.- Alonso

2.- Kimmi

3.- Massa

4.- Hamilton

5.- Heidfield

6.- Sisi

7.- Kubica

8.- Rosberg

----------------------------------------

1) Kimi

2) Massa

3) Alonso

4 down, who really cares?

Katy, Nick drives faster than his car, which is a good compliment to him. The problem is his car isn't quick enough. He could win by attrition, but that's about it...

I cant agree with you more Mike. The thing is, most of the drivers drive to their capabilities, Alonso and Kimi combine this to driving to the car's ability, optimum level..... thats the edge they have.....

1-Kimi

2-Felipe

3-Lewis

4-Ralph

5-Fernando

6-Nick

7-Robert

8-Mark

If Kimi's engine is going to be change then Felipe will be first and Kimi second. the rest will continue the same, I guess that Alonso is hpoing for Ferrari not to change the engine this way he wouldn't have to worry about kimi overtaking him and he will say at the end of the race "fith place was the best we could hope for...Ferrari was to far ahead so there was nothing we could do, we have a lot of work to do and we have in sight some areas of improvement ..."

1-Kimi

2-Felipe

3-Lewis

4-Ralph

5-Fernando

6-Nick

7-Robert

8-Mark

If Kimi's engine is going to be change then Felipe will be first and Kimi second. the rest will continue the same, I guess that Alonso is hpoing for Ferrari not to change the engine this way he wouldn't have to worry about kimi overtaking him and he will say at the end of the race "fith place was the best we could hope for...Ferrari was to far ahead so there was nothing we could do, we have a lot of work to do and we have in sight some areas of improvement ..."

:lol::clap3:

lovely stuff my friend

1) Massa

2) Alfonso :clap3:

3) Kimi

4) Hammy

5) Nicky

6) Fisi

7) Schuey

8) Kubica

yummy yummy! can't wait for the mango season to start!

1) alonso

2) massa

3) heidfeld

4) kimi

if kimi has an engine change

1) kimi

2) alonso

3) massa

4) heidfeld

if the ferrari engine holds out

good stuff, but you forgot to add Alonso's famous line "We have collected the maximum points for the champ-eon-ship! we hope to fight for the maximum points in the next races"

I don't mind... lol

It's like Dr. T said, we can win on others mistakes...

hehehehe I agree with him...

Wouldn't complain, it would be good to see anyone beat ferrari (its always a good day when they lose), but realistically I dont think the BMW is quick enough without a few retirements in front.

I cant agree with you more Mike. The thing is, most of the drivers drive to their capabilities, Alonso and Kimi combine this to driving to the car's ability, optimum level..... thats the edge they have.....

I'm not sure you understood what I was getting at when I said 'driving faster than the car'. Lets assume all cars will never break. Now put all the drivers in that same car, with the same set-up, and you will see there are drivers that manage to extract more speed per lap than other drivers. Some drivers like DC get the maximum from their cars. Other drivers like Kimi and Alonso and Nick, etc get more speed than their cars alone are capable of delivering. This has to do with how much on edge the drivers take their cars.

I dont like this angle that any driver can extract more speed from a car then anyone else as if by pure driving skill. It's more an effiency - a drivers ability to judge where to sacrifice a bit of speed to gain an overall speed gain on another section with the setup and such which are the true qualitys of an F1 pilot.

Reminds me theres a presentation type file i read today clicky which showed how Renault choose a firing order of their piston on the RS25 which didnt deliver the maximum HP but gave the best overall power curve which was nearly half a second better in Barcelona.

Drivers can indeed drive faster than their car; I'm not pulling that out of thin air. Oversteer drivers especially can extract more speed than can understeer drivers but with less consistency. There's a trade-off. Good oversteer drivers who are able to drive on the edge consistently (read Kimi) can deliver a faster lap time than someone like Davidson or Button who are understeer drivers.

The basic principles lie in the dynamics of understeer vs oversteer. The car supplies power and traction at a limited amount. An understeer driver will take the car to the limits of it's power and traction while not stepping over. This is driving at the limits of the car. An oversteer driver will use the car's momentum at entry, apex and exit to go faster than the car is capable by going past the limits of traction and controlling the resultant loss of grip. Oversteer is inherently faster, but harder to do lap after lap. That's what separates the great oversteer drivers like Kimi, Alonso, Mika, Michael and Senna from the not-so-great like Sato.

I think the best example of what Shaggy...errr...Mike is saying is a link that I think he himself posted a while ago (can't find it :( ) It compared Schumacher's telemetry against another driver (Irvine?) It showed that, although Schumi took the corners slower than the other guy, his driving was way smoother and more clever resulting in a significant gain per lap. Geez...where is the video??

I think the best example of what Shaggy...errr...Mike is saying is a link that I think he himself posted a while ago (can't find it :( ) It compared Schumacher's telemetry against another driver (Irvine?) It showed that, although Schumi took the corners slower than the other guy, his driving was way smoother and more clever resulting in a significant gain per lap. Geez...where is the video??

Pretty close. In that video it was Johnny Herbert. MS is fast because he goes into a corner faster and stays on the throttle all through the corner. This makes the car lose it's traction but MS catches it and controls it. Herbert is good, but he releases the throttle at apex to keep adhesion to the track. Good illustration of what I was saying.

I think youtube has it if you search for "Schumacher+telemetry"