Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tvbf1

Malaysia Prediction

See i'd say a good driver could adjust to drive either way, whichever is more efficient for the track and mechanical characteristics.

It's all about effiency....god i love that word.

Pretty close. In that video it was Johnny Herbert. MS is fast because he goes into a corner faster and stays on the throttle all through the corner. This makes the car lose it's traction but MS catches it and controls it. Herbert is good, but he releases the throttle at apex to keep adhesion to the track. Good illustration of what I was saying.

I think youtube has it if you search for "Schumacher+telemetry"

I tried Schumacher+telemetry but couldn't find it, was probably removed :(

I got it all wrong, though :lol: I seem to recall that it showed that MS entered the corner at a lower speed but kept accelerating all the way while Herbert entered later and at a highr speed yet lost time controlling the car and over braking.

Of course, you are the expert, but the story would be so much interesting in my version :lol:

See i'd say a good driver could adjust to drive either way, whichever is more efficient for the track and mechanical characteristics.

I'd love if it worked that way, but drivers are either one or the other. Very, very few can go from understeer to oversteer (or vice versa) and keep their speed the same. This is why certain cars favor one driver but not the other.

I tried Schumacher+telemetry but couldn't find it, was probably removed :(

I got it all wrong, though :lol: I seem to recall that it showed that MS entered the corner at a lower speed but kept accelerating all the way while Herbert entered later and at a highr speed yet lost time controlling the car and over braking.

Of course, you are the expert, but the story would be so much interesting in my version :lol:

I'll try to find it.

In that video, you indeed remembered correctly that MS goes off the throttle early, but that's a somewhat unique driving style. Alonso and Kubeetza also have a unique driving style, but the common bit is getting the car to go faster in the corner by breaking the traction of the car on the track. Kimi does this by carrying more speed on entry; MS and Senna blip the throttle at apex; Alonso and Kimi use an early and agressive turn-in to break the rear loose. These driver's go faster by controlling the 'slip' than a DC or a Davidson would go. The great drivers are able to do this corner after corner and lap after lap.

EDIT: Before I have a rabid moocow on my arse, I should like to stipulate that there are fantastically quick understeer drivers out there, DC being one of them.

good stuff, but you forgot to add Alonso's famous line "We have collected the maximum points for the champ-eon-ship! we hope to fight for the maximum points in the next races"

Yes you are right, you see, you found some areas of improvement too. :clap3:

How come that I forgot that.

Yes, that famous line of Alonso's has netted him 2 WDCs. Excellent! Whatever happens, those are in the history books my friends!

Until raikkonen has 2 WDC's I think the last laugh will be on Alonso.

Whatever he did, he had a winning fomula. Something Raikkonen is still only in the dreaming stages of achieving at this moment in time.

1. Kimi

2. Nick

3. Felipe

4. Heikki

6. Lewis

7. Nico

8. Giancarlo

My guess is that many engines will break in Malaysia..but not Kimis :)

Whatever he did, he had a winning fomula. Something Raikkonen is still only in the dreaming stages of achieving at this moment in time.

I guess you tried to say "In the right way for archiving at this moment in time" that is what Ferrari means.

1. Kimi

2. Nick

3. Felipe

4. Heikki

6. Lewis

7. Nico

8. Giancarlo

My guess is that many engines will break in Malaysia..but not Kimis :)

Insteresting... and hopefully.

I guess you tried to say "In the right way for archiving at this moment in time" that is what Ferrari means.

Not really. The car is still unreliable, and they gained speed illegally.

[quote name='Shane2' post='184500' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:32 PM']They gained speed illegally.[/quote]

If they did voilate rules then FIA should have taken some action, if there's no action means its with in rules :huh:

Then I suppose the fact that the FIA improved their floor mounting tests, and that Ferrari modified the car was just a coincidence right?

Sometimes as a driver you get lucky and have a 'winning formula' and other times you help to create that winning formula. I believe Alonso helped to create his winning formula at Renault. If Renault had that magical formula irregardless of Alonso, we'd be seeing it this year too.

Kimi had the same opportunities at McLaren that Alonso has right now. We shall see if Alonso can make a winning formula there. We know, at least, that Kimi could not.

I think Alonso will win a championship with McLaren. They will pull it together, they are too good not to.