Clicky

goferrarigo

The Offical Welcome Thread...

Without causing offence, I feel speed looked out of his depth in F1 and contributed very little to it, and he was skill:arrogance ratio was heavily tilted towards the latter.

Also, why did you stop watching after the nurburgring race in particular, the sh!t didn\'t start hitting the fan till later in the season?

Well, I think he did better than he gets credit for and was less arrogant than people think, but I will admit he never did anything special and did more bad than good. I liked him because he had a good sense of humor, if you've ever seen any of his online videos, and always seemed to be happy. It doesn't really matter about his F1 skill anymore as he is racing stock cars, which are completely different, so we'll see. But I do agree, he didn't do anything for the sport.

After the Nurburgring, I was on vacation during Hungary and because I was at a NASCAR race in Pocono, I didn't watch. And I realized that I didn't really miss it. I hadn't watched every race up to the Nurburgring, either, and hadn't watched a single qualifying this year except Hungary (which was pretty interesting). My interest hadn't really run out, it just was never really there. The season had been rather boring for me, and I saw the great race at the Nurburgring followed by the FIA promoting being pansies in Hungary as a good time to leave. I had had enough of the FIA after the Alonso penalty and realized how ****ed the sport was, and figured that since I didn't really like F1 anyway, I'd leave on a high note with the Nurburgring thriller.

For what it's worth, I'm really no longer a fan of pro motorsports. I watch the 24 Hours of Daytona, the Indianapolis 500, and then pick and choose a handful of other events depending on what I'm doing that day. I'm a local motorsports man, I race a variety of stock cars, midgets, and sprint cars at local short tracks and attend races like them. I'm an ex-NASCAR and ex-CART fan. My main sports interest is the NFL (GO PATRIOTS!) and the MLB (GO RED SOX!). And that's about it.

I see, thats fair enough (at least I also wasn\'t the only person that thought Alonso\'s penalty was harsh lol).

I cannot really comment on what I saw of scott off of the track to be honest because the British media didnt give him a lot of coverage, I only got an impression of him from what I saw, and I suppose I could be wrong about him, but I feel that, like Montoya, he will be better off in stock racing than he was in F1. I feel it is a shame that his career ended because of an argument between himself and the team, but considering he was never really likely to move up the grid anyway it may well prove to be a good move for his career.

I see, thats fair enough (at least I also wasn\'t the only person that thought Alonso\'s penalty was harsh lol).

I cannot really comment on what I saw of scott off of the track to be honest because the British media didnt give him a lot of coverage, I only got an impression of him from what I saw, and I suppose I could be wrong about him, but I feel that, like Montoya, he will be better off in stock racing than he was in F1. I feel it is a shame that his career ended because of an argument between himself and the team, but considering he was never really likely to move up the grid anyway it may well prove to be a good move for his career.

Alonso's penalty was complete BS. The Hungarian stewards HATE him it seems, two years, two BS penalties. If that's not allowed, what is? If they can't push the limit, why should they bother?

I have confidence he had what it takes to be decent. He finished ninth at Monaco, ran faster laps consitently than Kimi, and had no brakes what-so-ever and didn't benefit from retirements. That stood out to me. 2006 was better for him, though. I think that if he had a better car he would've done pretty well. The problem was that Franz Tost and Gerhard Berger despised him. And yeah, the American media didn't give him much coverage, either, I just searched for it myself because that's what fans do, I guess. JPM's an iffy driver in NASCAR, but time will tell. He had a few good runs. I still think he was awesome in F1. Scott finished seventh in his one and only ARCA race so far, I think he could do decent, but I don't think he'll succeed. JPM has a decent shot at it. JV is pretty bad in NASCAR, to be honest, but he's getting there. And yeah, it was a shame how it ended, but there never seemed to be a place for him in F1, anyway, as you said. I feel if he wasn't American, Red Bull wouldn't have ever bothered with him.

Edited by Eric

:lol: Girly forum? They are the most vicious with the IP banning in my experience! :P

Let us see your poetry. We have a thread on poetry.

they ip banned me bcause my poems are erotic.i dont wanna risk another ip ban...

Did you post your erotic poems?

If not,could be a good way to attract us illiterates to poetry. ;)

:lol:

Yup. :lol: I have erotic poems too. So did Shakespeare. So you're in the best of company, and should show us them.

Don't you mean the worst? Shakesqueer is god awful.

Alonso\'s penalty was complete BS. The Hungarian stewards HATE him it seems, two years, two BS penalties. If that\'s not allowed, what is? If they can\'t push the limit, why should they bother?

I have confidence he had what it takes to be decent. He finished ninth at Monaco, ran faster laps consitently than Kimi, and had no brakes what-so-ever and didn\'t benefit from retirements. That stood out to me. 2006 was better for him, though. I think that if he had a better car he would\'ve done pretty well. The problem was that Franz Tost and Gerhard Berger despised him. And yeah, the American media didn\'t give him much coverage, either, I just searched for it myself because that\'s what fans do, I guess. JPM\'s an iffy driver in NASCAR, but time will tell. He had a few good runs. I still think he was awesome in F1. Scott finished seventh in his one and only ARCA race so far, I think he could do decent, but I don\'t think he\'ll succeed. JPM has a decent shot at it. JV is pretty bad in NASCAR, to be honest, but he\'s getting there. And yeah, it was a shame how it ended, but there never seemed to be a place for him in F1, anyway, as you said. I feel if he wasn\'t American, Red Bull wouldn\'t have ever bothered with him.

Suppose you are right on most of those points, we should find out soon enough though.

It is a shame scott left when he did, because I feel he never really got the chance to show his real talent but thats the follly of F1 sometimes, its a tough game and unfortunately for him he didn\'t cut it. Must be galling for you as a fan, unfortunately the world of big business is not made around fairness.

they ip banned me bcause my poems are erotic.i dont wanna risk another ip ban...

Haha you should definately post your erotic poetry, besides it takes more than some naughty poems to get banned from this forum, erotic pictures on the other hand...

Welcome to all members who joined before I came back to this hell hole! Damn, is it 10PM already???

Errrrrm...........no, it's not. Try 10.08pm

hello

i've been a formula 1 fan for 7 years (since i was 10) and i needed a place where i can discuss one of my favourite sports.i'm from dublin,ireland.i'm a ferrari fan and my favourite driver(s) are kimi raikkonen and felipe massa.my favourite past driver is michael schumacher

hello

i've been a formula 1 fan for 7 years (since i was 10) and i needed a place where i can discuss one of my favourite sports.i'm from dublin,ireland.i'm a ferrari fan and my favourite driver(s) are kimi raikkonen and felipe massa.my favourite past driver is michael schumacher

Hi, let me be the first to welcome you :) I'm Rainmaster aka George (maybe that should be the other way round?).