Clicky

goferrarigo

The Offical Welcome Thread...

To be honest, I don't really have a favourite team. I'm pretty neutral. It's difficult not to admire Red Bull, though. I'm studying in Preston, UK - but I'm originally from a town near Sheffield.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hey James... just keep loitering and welcome to the forums :)

Hmm, we'll have to differentiate you from JHS18, our other James. We'll call you Sheffield Jim, and him Sheffield Jim as well. :P

Welcome to the forums, James. It's a great place, hope you enjoy it. Don't be afraid to make some posts, even if you're not fully sure of your knowledge. I always share my views on things I know nothing about. :lol:

Hi folks, should have probably posted here first. Here is my facebook page, feel free to add me. :D

https://www.facebook.com/#!/needles.vangramme

Well Vola, you certainly arrived with a bang!...

Keep hanging around while we Vettel fans slap you silly till you see the light (hopefully not tunnel) at the end of the day... :P

Edited by BradSpeedMan

The only thing you Vettel fans are slapping is the salami! :D

:lol: I like this dude, immensely! I dislike Vettel intensely! Welcome to TF1. Leave your shoes at the door and bring your own alcohol! :D

Hello TF1 Forum!

I have actually been reading this forum as a guest for 2 years now. My excuse is i really wanted to get to know people a little better before I join in the discussion, since all of you seem like a tight knit group.

I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Just to make it easier for you let me declare:

Likes: McLaren, Senna, Button, Defunct Peugeot LMP team (Looking forward to HPD this year though), Spa-Franc GP, Technical discussions

Dislikes: Team orders, too much agreement

So, fire away. Looking forward to get into some heated debate

Hey, welcome to TF1! It's great to see lurkers join as posters and I hope some others will follow. We are a tight-knit group, but we're a friendly one, and a growing one.

The defunct Peugeot team...I have two racing-related shirts. One's a Champ Car shirt (2008 Long Beach Grand Prix), one's a Total Team Peugeot shirt. Neither exists anymore...poor investments. :P

Lol

Perhaps we shouldn't take fashion advice from racing teams. I have a Ralf Shumacher BMW Williams cap circa 2000. Look how well that turned out

Thanks for the welcome

Hello TF1 Forum!

I have actually been reading this forum as a guest for 2 years now. My excuse is i really wanted to get to know people a little better before I join in the discussion, since all of you seem like a tight knit group.

I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Just to make it easier for you let me declare:

Likes: McLaren, Senna, Button, Defunct Peugeot LMP team (Looking forward to HPD this year though), Spa-Franc GP, Technical discussions

Dislikes: Team orders, too much agreement

So, fire away. Looking forward to get into some heated debate

Welcome Shadow...

I assume you dislike Ferrari???...based on the team order thing

Welcome Shadow...

I assume you dislike Ferrari???...based on the team order thing

I don't dislike the team. I was happy for them when they won the last race. I just find it hard to justify support for a team that would deprive their own driver from a hard earned result just so their teammate gets ahead in the standings.

I mean if the guy wants to win the championship, then they certainly better be the one that is ahead, right

When someone wins in F1 we say Jenson wins, Perez wins etc. Not necessarily Ferrari, Macca etc.

I watch F1 for the spectacle and the personal triumph of one person taking their machinery to the limit and back. I prefer that aspect unblemished

I don't dislike the team. I was happy for them when they won the last race. I just find it hard to justify support for a team that would deprive their own driver from a hard earned result just so their teammate gets ahead in the standings.

I mean if the guy wants to win the championship, then they certainly better be the one that is ahead, right

When someone wins in F1 we say Jenson wins, Perez wins etc. Not necessarily Ferrari, Macca etc.

Some have the idea that other teams use team orders albeit in an indirect way, classic example when Jenson was told to save fuel with Hammie in the lead. In that case Hamilton was ahead.

I watch F1 for the spectacle and the personal triumph of one person taking their machinery to the limit and back. I prefer that aspect unblemished

I think you're gonna enjoy being around here, lot's of members with that passion around...

Edited by BradSpeedMan

Welcome aboard!

We might be a close knit group (apparently it is both a curse and a blessing) but we always enjoy having new people and that thing about throwing people down a volcano crater? Not true. BTW, you are not a female virgin are you? :whistling:

Some have the idea that other teams use team orders albeit in an indirect way, classic example when Jenson was told to save fuel with Hammie in the lead. In that case Hamilton was ahead.

Well, I don't excuse McLaren, any team or even drivers when it comes to team orders. In that particular case Jenson could have just ignored the team and went ahead to try and push hammy into a mistake, but he decided to concur, perhaps reasoning that he'd rather get 18 points instead of the 50/50 chance where it could be 25 or 0 points.

Here i do make a distinction between maintaining a position and giving one away. I don't like it when someone is ordered to move over to let somebody else pass. No matter what the circumstance, a racing driver is ahead because he/she made the right calls at the right time and no one should have the right to take that away from them.

Welcome aboard!

We might be a close knit group (apparently it is both a curse and a blessing) but we always enjoy having new people and that thing about throwing people down a volcano crater? Not true. BTW, you are not a female virgin are you? :whistling:

Thanks

And the answer is no. Just curious as to why you thought that? :eusa_think::lol:

Edited by The Shadow

No matter what the circumstance, a racing driver is ahead because he/she made the right calls at the right time and no one should have the right to take that away from them.

Welcome.

I do not like team orders in essence, but I aceept they are necessary in certain situations by virue of F1 being a team sport. For example, let us imagine there is an instruction for a driver to move over in order for a team mate to win the driver championship. The team mate has no mathematical possibility of winning.

Are you against team orders in this scenario?

Welcome.

I do not like team orders in essence, but I aceept they are necessary in certain situations by virue of F1 being a team sport. For example, let us imagine there is an instruction for a driver to move over in order for a team mate to win the driver championship. The team mate has no mathematical possibility of winning.

Are you against team orders in this scenario?

Idealistically, yes. Because in this case we are talking about a driver's championship. To be worthy one should grab it with both hands even if it means a risky maneuver. Where teams should be concerned is with the constructors championship. Let the teammates sort it between themselves when it comes to the drivers championship.

Realistically I would be naive to think that that would happen, but it still is my position on the issue

Idealistically, yes. Because in this case we are talking about a driver's championship. To be worthy one should grab it with both hands even if it means a risky maneuver. Where teams should be concerned is with the constructors championship. Let the teammates sort it between themselves when it comes to the drivers championship.

Realistically I would be naive to think that that would happen, but it still is my position on the issue

perfectly acceptable I think, you're like me in a way.

Edited by BradSpeedMan

perfectly acceptable I think, you're like me in a way.

Thanks. I can think of worse things to be. :tiphat:

Thanks. I can think of worse things to be. :tiphat:

Perhaps a female virgin that Andre wants to throw down a volcano crater.....

Hello everyone,

I am Julia from Hungary. I am a big fan of Formula 1 and also other sports like football or tennis. I love motorsports, and my hobby is to paint helmets. If you would like a personalised design for your motorbike helmet, or racing helmet, just contact me.

Anyway I am a student in a hungarian University, I will soon finish my Master degree. I'm happy to found this forum, looks like a good community!

Bye,

Julia

Welcome Julia! That's certainly a great hobby/business and a useful one.