Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Malaysia Friday Practice

Interesting pic of the day. Ferrari have heavily modified the bodywork of Kimi's car..............perhaps they are not going to change the engine............

Kimi said they will decide after qual or prac 3

But interesting pic, with the rain................

Interesting info coming through............Kimi's manager Dave Robertson told formula1.com that it is more likely that they will change the engine.

It could be just a smokescreen set up by Ferrari, to mess with other teams weekend planning :)

Time will tell I guess.

It could be just a smokescreen set up by Ferrari, to mess with other teams weekend planning :)

Time will tell I guess.

I have a feeling they will change the engine... knowing kimi is a bit hard on the car they don't want it to break down.... Atleast i hope they do...

I have a feeling they will change the engine... knowing kimi is a bit hard on the car they don't want it to break down.... Atleast i hope they do...

Yeah same here in all honesty, especially if the lap speed of the Ferrari is as good as it has been over the tests and todays practice session. Just throwing up the possibility that Ferrari might be foxing with everyone :)

Yeah same here in all honesty, especially if the lap speed of the Ferrari is as good as it has been over the tests and todays practice session. Just throwing up the possibility that Ferrari might be foxing with everyone :)

Massa was amazing but kimi in prac 1 was still 0.8 slower than Massa, so... plus it gives a stragic advantage to kimi....

as he will have a new engine on alternating weekend with massa, alonso therby can push when others have to convsere and vice versa....

Massa fastest in practice 1 - Malaysia

Felipe Massa made his intentions for this weekend clear when he topped the timesheet in opening practice for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The Ferrari driver lapped the Sepang circuit in 1:34.972, beating nearest rival Fernando Alonso by a quarter of a second - and his own teammate Kimi Raikkonen by eight tenths of a second.

Massa wasted no time in getting to speed in today's session. The Brazilian went quickest on his very first flying lap, and his 1:35.265 effort after half an hour of the session immediately beat Raikkonen's fastest time by 0.5 seconds.

Next time around, Massa improved to the 1:34.972 that would stand as the best of the morning. Along the way, however, he collected a 4,800 EUR fine for pitlane speeding.

McLaren's Alonso and teammate Lewis Hamilton continued their intra-team battle, with the world champion setting the second fastest time ahead of Hamilton's third fastest.

Hamilton had been quickest early on, and when Alonso's opening offer proved 0.127 seconds slower, it seemed that the rookie would be pressuring the Spaniard yet again.

Alonso soon retaliated, however, and by the end of the session he was half a second ahead of Hamilton.

Raikkonen was only fourth fastest after an untidy final run. He also had a worrying moment in the first half hour when smoke appeared from the rear of his Ferrari.

However, as the Friday running no longer counts towards the two-race engine restrictions, the Finn was not using the engine that is already in questionable health after Melbourne.

Williams showed promising form, with Nico Rosberg fifth and test driver Kazuki Nakajima eighth despite spinning off at Turn 15.

Jarno Trulli, Mark Webber, Ralf Schumacher and Robert Kubica completed the top ten.

It was a less successful morning for Renault and Honda, whose cars were 14th and 15th, and 19th and 20th respectively.

Nakajima's error was the only major incident of the session, although both McLarens had a number of wild moments - with Alonso going off the road at Turn 4 after a major slide on the way into the corner, and Hamilton taking to the grass at the pitlane entry.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:34.972 17

2. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:35.220 + 0.248 24

3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:35.712 + 0.740 22

4. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:35.779 + 0.807 20

5. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:36.308 + 1.336 21

6. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:36.522 + 1.550 20

7. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:36.597 + 1.625 25

8. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:36.885 + 1.913 15

9. R.Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:37.052 + 2.080 22

10. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:37.121 + 2.149 12

11. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:37.484 + 2.512 7

12. Vettel BMW Sauber (B) 1:37.837 + 2.865 39

13. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:37.882 + 2.910 20

14. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:38.143 + 3.171 24

15. Fisichella Renault (B) 1:38.300 + 3.328 26

16. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:38.720 + 3.748 29

17. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:38.966 + 3.994 10

18. Speed Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:39.130 + 4.158 9

19. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:39.234 + 4.262 21

20. Button Honda (B) 1:39.331 + 4.359 17

21. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:39.357 + 4.385 9

22. Albers Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:40.074 + 5.102 25

Since this thread is short prac 2 can als fit here....

Kubica just gone faster than Alonso... with kimi still behind Hammy and alonso and now kubica

Nowhere online for this one it seems - I'll keep my eye open.

Missed the first session, no way I could do 3am without feeling the consequences too much! Doesn't look promising for Kimi this weekend.

Albers appears to have had a moment, wonder if they'll fair better now with Toro Rosso under the spotlight.