Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Renault Admits Being A Midfield Team Now

<h2 class="uppercase clear">Renault admit they are lowly midfield runners</h2>World Champions Renault have admitted that they are not only midfield runners now but they aren't even front-running midfield runners.

The team appears to be suffering a dramatic fall from grace, with neither of their drivers, Heikki Kovalainen nor Giancarlo Fisichella, able to qualify in the top ten for the Malaysian GP. Worse, the evenly-matched pace of the two drivers - the Finn only narrowly out-paced the Italian - indicated that, unlike in Melbourne, the fault was with the car rather than the occupants of the c#ckpits.

"From the team's point of view, the first thing we look for is equality of performance between the two drivers and, unlike in Melbourne, we clearly have that today. The midfield battle is exceptionally close, but we are not at the front of that group, and that makes life much more difficult," acknowledged Denis Chevrier, the team's Head of Engine Track Operations.

Likewise, Pat Symonds, the Executive Director of Engineering, could not find fault with his drivers' efforts and was forced to admit that the team had been overtaken by their rivals.

"We felt we had made progress before this race but of course, the notion of competitiveness is always relative - and it is now clear that some of our rivals have made more progress on this circuit. Having said that, it is equally true to say that we didn't maximise our chances today," he commented.

"Clearly the overall level of performance is disappointing, but we now have to knuckle down and make the most of the situation we find ourselves in. We will look to take full advantage of our freedom to choose the fuel load for both cars, and race hard through the midfield pack tomorrow."

Source

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still hope Renault will gain more ground as season unfolds than the remaining midfield teams. Am I being too optimistic? :(

If you want the answer to their loss in form, look no further than the switch from Michelin to Bridgestone. It seems to have hurt them more than anyone else

:bag:

damn...

:byebye:

Yes...damn!

So, shall we leave this stupid forum and stupid Formula One? Let's focus on...errr...badminton!

Soooo...what do you guys think about the next...er...Badminton World Championship? :whistling:

Edit: This is the part where Ykick comes with a post that shows that actually the Australian Badminton team is one of the best of the world and yadda yadda :P

Yes...damn!

So, shall we leave this stupid forum and stupid Formula One? Let's focus on...errr...badminton!

Soooo...what do you guys think about the next...er...Badminton World Championship? :whistling:

Edit: This is the part where Ykick comes with a post that shows that actually the Australian Badminton team is one of the best of the world and yadda yadda :P

Hey Badminton is a good sport, and the Chinese are the best at it (have you looked at any match on tv, it is crazy the way they move)

I believe the Renault is better than its showing today. Kovalainen made a mistake and was the faster of the two, so they should have got through to the last session...

As Briatore said*, Their work effort to make Alonso champ for the second time took lot of development time for the next years car... and that is why we are harvesting $hit* this year....

*source, finnish newspaper...(*$hit..lack of translation skills)

:angry: sorry im drunk and angry..

At the moment Renault win that. At least theyre in the fight for points. Honda are absolutely nowhere

I think is much better car than what is currently being shown. I dont think the drivers are doing a great job.......Italian is imploding...Finn is jittery..

The car isn't good and I dont think the two drivers are doing well either. Fisi is underperforming and Kova is still learning. But I do think they will get more out of their car in the future, though most likely they wont trouble the Ferrari or Mclaren.

Renault lack Michelin tyres, F. Alonso and perhaps TMD too (along with Michelin tyres).

With all this I belive now they would have won at least a race this season, probably both.

When fisichella is your number 1 driver, I think you know a WDC challenge is unlikely

They wouldn't be challenging for the title this year even if Micghael was back.

They had a big relationship with Michelin, with Michelin favouring them while talking of equality. Now that they are on equal terms, they can't play.

They wouldn't be challenging for the title this year even if Micghael was back.

They had a big relationship with Michelin, with Michelin favouring them while talking of equality. Now that they are on equal terms, they can't play.

I think it was more like Renault favouring Michelin with the chassi, mass dasmper and aero package.

Renault lack Michelin tyres, F. Alonso and perhaps TMD too (along with Michelin tyres).

With all this I belive now they would have won at least a race this season, probably both.

Well with McLaren nt having won a race in over a year then in the first 2 races they have their drivers both on the podium and even a 1-2...shows how much great drivers can do for a team.

:lol: You're delusional.

Now if you say Ferrari is losing it because Schumacher isent there then your a total hypocrit ;)

I believe you just been snookered :naughty:

Well with McLaren nt having won a race in over a year then in the first 2 races they have their drivers both on the podium and even a 1-2...shows how much great drivers can do for a team.

Alonso and Hamilton are both workers.

And Alonso also spent time as a test driver for Minardi and Renault before racing so he knows how to test and work on a car.

Also McMerc esentially stoped developing the car last year to focus on the car of this year, and also keep in mind that Ferrari lost the flexi floor and every team (including Spyker