Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buckheadschleife

Malaysian Race Thread

Or the Mclaren today wasn't nearly as slow today as you'd like to pretend...

Not that I don't blame Kimi and Massa, Michael would have won this race, but your Kimi bashing lacks solid foundation.

Would he? He would if he was in Massa's position today but I don't think the same can be said for Kimi.

Kimi was held back by a lot of slower cars today. While Massa could've passed Hamilton in the early part of the race when he was close to Hamilton instead he makes a stupid mistake.

Would he? He would if he was in Massa's position today but I don't think the same can be said for Kimi.

Kimi was held back by a lot of slower cars today. While Massa could've passed Hamilton in the early part of the race when he was close to Hamilton instead he makes a stupid mistake.

Kimi should have been on pole. Or second, not that far behind.

Not that Mclaren made it any easier with their team orders.

That race was not exciting in the slightest... I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a bit boring. The most exciting bit was seeing Kubica go off and thinking for a split second that it was heidfeld...

The last few laps would have been exciting had they have not been the last few laps...

That race was not exciting in the slightest... I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a bit boring.

Thanks to what they have done to the cars, this season is going to be the most boring in quite a while. :(

And I suppose that Ferrari have never played that tactic before :rolleyes: they can have no complaints about that whatsoever.

Alonso was a match for Raikkonen's pace pretty much all the way through. Even in clear air raikkonen didn't exactly set the ground alight, a pretty average race by his standards.

Alonso produced a consistantly quick world champion drive, Hamilton soaked up immense pressure and drove out of his skin, Raikkonen was average, and massa very dissappointing.

And Ferrari where caught with their pants down tactically. Perhaps a sign of what the loss of Ross Brawn means to them.

And I didn't see what was boring about it. There was overtaking, and a tense tactical battle. I thought it was a pretty entertaining race all around (although seeing ferrari on the grass makes any race entertaining)

And I suppose that Ferrari have never played that tactic before :rolleyes:

Not since it was made illegal due to the complaints of moRon and other hypocrites.

Thanks to what they have done to the cars, this season is going to be the most boring in quite a while. :(

The race was very boring, Kaiser! Except the first laps.

And I think the reason was (from my technically impaired point of view) due to some general problem with grip. Bridgestones were not good for Malaysia?

Anybody else think that Hamilton slowed up on purpose the last laps to see if he can pressure Kimi into making his engine go? Regardless great race by the Vodafone team. The first 15 laps were great.

Not since it was made illegal due to the complaints of moRon and other hypocrites.

It did look like a lot corrective twitching going on coming out of some turns. If Bridgestone is around next year, then it will be interesting to watch them drive with out the aid of traction control.

Actually that tactic was never made illegal, as it does not constitute team orders. Not to mention the fact it can be very hard to prove that it was done deliberately. There is no rule against holding your opponent back, even if the team do tell you to drop the pace.

It is a tactic Schumacher benifitted from a lot of times, and Ferrari can have no complaints as it is a tactic they're familiar with using.

McLaren outwitted Ferrari, and they have a much faster car. What they did was legal, fair, and it gained them a tactical advantage which earnt them a 1-2.

TBH I would be pretty surprised if lewis would take a risk like that.

The race was very boring, Kaiser! Except the first laps.

And I think the reason was (from my technically impaired point of view) due to some general problem with grip. Bridgestones were not good for Malaysia?

Engines with rev limits, same tyres, less power, even more aero dependence than last year...

Kimi should have been on pole. Or second, not that far behind.

Not that Mclaren made it any easier with their team orders.

look who's talking...cmon cav...do u really think Mclaren r doing same dirty work as Ferrari is doing and was doing last 7yrs???

At least some of you could watch the race. I had to put up with live timing! Damn Dubai!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, at least Honda beat Super Aguri today! :lol:

I miss schumi :( His face during one of the advert breaks was joyous

What's to miss ?!

You never saw his face during the race anyway and both Kimi in Australia and Fernando in Malaysia pulled a "Schumi drive".

I miss schumi :( His face during one of the advert breaks was joyous

You are not alone. I miss him too. Him being on the grid would slightly compensate for Honda's atrocious car!

Actually that tactic was never made illegal, as it does not constitute team orders.

What constitutes team orders then? According to the rules it is illegal.

Not to mention the fact it can be very hard to prove that it was done deliberately. There is no rule against holding your opponent back, even if the team do tell you to drop the pace.

With radio conversations and telemetry? No, it would ber damn easy to prove.

Funny you have no objection to drivers dropping their pace, but you had a problem when Rubens dropped his pace at Austria in 2002 :what:

:o:lol: You of the childhood red car destroying fame :P

Everyone needs someone they love to hate. :whistling:

Or the Mclaren today wasn't nearly as slow today as you'd like to pretend...

Not that I don't blame Kimi and Massa, Michael would have won this race, but your Kimi bashing lacks solid foundation.

Exactly, using Kimi fanboys arguements against them.

What constitutes team orders then? According to the rules it is illegal.

Sweet, Alonso hasent won a WDC from such orders but Schumacher has...does this mean we can take some WDC's from him?

When has he won a championship only because Ferrari used team orders? When has he ever done since they were made illegal since moRon complained?

i still dont know why we're talking about retired F1 driver! We have a new generation of drivers that we should discuss about...Cav...if u want to praise retired driver then pls. make a new topic about that in Archive forum and u can talk and praise all u want....lets stick to the topic ok...

When has he won a championship only because Ferrari used team orders? When has he ever done since they were made illegal since moRon complained?

When hasent a Ferrari gotten a 1-2 pole with their main rival behind and magically the 2nd driver goes slower then the first?

Oh wait yea that has happened but only when Schumacher is the 2nd driver.