Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day

Driver of the Day  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Lewis, Nando, Kimi, Massa

• Lewis
    • Nando
    • Kimi
    • Massa
    • Fisi
    • Heidfield
    • Kovy
    • Other

So you think if Alonso wasent there Lewis would have won? He kept both Ferrari's behind him so if Lewis wasent there Alonso would have won being in the same car.

The Alonso hate is getting more far out it seems.

this has nothing to do with alonso hate, this is to do with calming down of alonso over-praise.

Alonso probably would've won the race without Lewis, but Lewis being in 2nd allowed Alonso to build a big lead. Therefore he was never under pressure and never at risk of Ferrari using clever stategy to get ahead.

If Lewis had stayed in 4th, the ferrari's would probably have been giving Alonso a hard time for the whole race, but thanks to Hamilton Alonso was able to just cruise to victory

Did lewis holding up ferrari help Alonso? probably

Was it deliberate? no

Could Alonso have still won without the ferrari holdup? Hard to say, but he was a match for any clear air laptimes that either of them could do, so he still had a good chance.

The main thing that compramised Ferrari was their start, not Lewis I personally feel Alonso would still have had the pace to gently pull away from them

Alonso was the fastest man in the GP, and although Lewis holding up the Ferrari's made his days work easier, Alonso controlled the race and would have won no matter what happened behind him.

Alonso's lap times consistently matched the Ferrari's times even when they were in clear air and the fact that 16 of the races 20 quickest laps were posted by Alonso confirms this.... Therefore, since Alonso was both the quickest driver & the race winner, Driver of the day is undoubtedly.... Alonso!!!

Stop this nonsense guys! I like bith Ferrari and Mclaren. But Mclaren simply used the situation much to their advantage, If i wer Don(Ron) I would have done the same thing by not risking bout the cars racing each other, This is how ferrari became the most successful team, Renault did it last year. Alonso won his first race of his F1 career with a little help from Mark Webber.

Alonso was the fastest man in the GP, and although Lewis holding up the Ferrari's made his days work easier, Alonso controlled the race and would have won no matter what happened behind him.

Alonso's lap times consistently matched the Ferrari's times even when they were in clear air and the fact that 16 of the races 20 quickest laps were posted by Alonso confirms this.... Therefore, since Alonso was both the quickest driver & the race winner, Driver of the day is undoubtedly.... Alonso!!!

Fernando was flawless all weekend, I'd just like you guys to acknowledge that Hamilton made it a whole lot easier by getting ahead of the Ferrari's, and without that factor, Alonso would probably have been under much more pressure throughout the race

Fernando was flawless all weekend, I'd just like you guys to acknowledge that Hamilton made it a whole lot easier by getting ahead of the Ferrari's, and without that factor, Alonso would probably have been under much more pressure throughout the race

I agree with your points on both Mclaren drivers above. Yes.

KIMI WITH AN ENJIN THAT CAN REV ONLY 7500 AND HE STILL TRY TO HUNT HAMILTON DOWN FOR SECOND

KIMI WITH AN ENJIN THAT CAN REV ONLY 7500 AND HE STILL TRY TO HUNT HAMILTON DOWN FOR SECOND

Got to love how the ones that dont know anything about F1 tend to support drivers like Kimi and teams like Ferrari, gives what the rest of us say alot more gravity.

We already saw when Ferrari puts pressure on Alonso and trying to out strategy him...with Brawn on their side. Dosent make a lick of difference.

An F1 engine on tickover runs at about 5,000 RPM, so at 7,500 RPM you would be losing about 2 minutes every lap. Secondly, don't use caps lock it doesn't make your post any more credible.

I am not doubting it helped, Its just stupid to see everyone (who is a ferrari fan anyway) complaining about "team orders" when it was quiet clear lewis had a handling problem in the first stint

I agree, Hamilton was a major factor in the Alonso win, that's no discredit to Alonso's drive in Sepang by no means. It just helped the whole situation immensely.

We already saw when Ferrari puts pressure on Alonso and trying to out strategy him...with Brawn on their side. Dosent make a lick of difference.

When the car and driver are as one like Alonso and Renault where in 05 & 06 any strategy no matter how good it is will struggle.

I am not doubting it helped, Its just stupid to see everyone (who is a ferrari fan anyway) complaining about "team orders" when it was quiet clear lewis had a handling problem in the first stint

These claims of team orders coming from Ferrari fans are crazy to say the least; I mean how short is your memory. And to boot McLaren didn't even use team orders. Hamilton passed the Ferrari pair fair and square and through the remainder of his first stint was visibly having trouble with the balance of the car and as a result gave Alonso a lead which was ultimately large enough for him to win the GP.

It would also explain why he lost so much time in the last portion of the race. An evil handling car, and hard tyres are not a good match.

Just realised that we have two threads titled "Driver of the day" for some reason. Anyway here is my two cents worth again :D

Lewis Hamilton is my driver of the day. His start was nothing short of brilliant for a driver in his second GP. The way he defended against Massa was also fantastic. He handled the heat of Malaysia extremely well and came away with a solid second place. Job well done LH :clap3:

Most definitely, I second that!

An F1 engine on tickover runs at about 5,000 RPM, so at 7,500 RPM you would be losing about 2 minutes every lap. Secondly, don't use caps lock it doesn't make your post any more credible.

I was just about to write a response to this misled Ferrari fan... Thanks for doing so!

Yes, A formula 1 car revving at only 7500 would struggle to keep up with the pace car on the warm up lap!

The simple truth is that Alonso in particular & Lewis (at times) were faster than the Ferrari's in Malaysia!

yes it was all over at the start really. Would've been very interesting if Alonso hadnt got the lead at the start, we could've had an interesting race!

Kimi, Ferrari and James Allen have all confirmed (seperately) that Kimi did have to compromise by running lower revs in Malaysia, so hopefully in Bahrain he will be back at the front and winning again

Kimi, Ferrari and James Allen have all confirmed (seperately) that Kimi did have to compromise by running lower revs in Malaysia, so hopefully in Bahrain he will be back at the front and winning again

Making excuses and trying to save blushes!!!

I wonder how Ferrari explain the fact that Massa lap times were the same as Kimi's then if not slower!

yes it was all over at the start really. Would've been very interesting if Alonso hadnt got the lead at the start, we could've had an interesting race!

Then again, hopefully not :P

I don't really know or care, I am just glad ferrari lost

cos Massa is lame, surely you're not implying that Ferrari are lying about the reduced revs?

Quite the contrary. Ferrari have clearly said that the problem was onl worth a tenth of a second. Kimi's complaints were a bit out of proportion to the problem.

the problem was the start really for Ferrari. If they can be ahead of Alonso by lap 2 in Bahrain, then they SHOULD really get the win.

the problem was the start really for Ferrari. If they can be ahead of Alonso by lap 2 in Bahrain, then they SHOULD really get the win.

So, basically, if they finish first they should win? Interesting concept... :eusa_think:

No if they stay ahead at the start then they should stay ahead for the whole race. If they don't then they will be seriously worried

Yep, it's the drivers' fault really, we should have won at Malaysia :(

As much as I love Kubica, he really is letting the side down, Nick's doing all the work!

Twice in a row he has been released too late for the final lap during Q3.

In Australia his gearbox stuck on 5th gear. Before that he was ahead of Heidfeld.

In Malaysia he was driving broken F1 car, but he brought it to the finish.

Quite the contrary. Ferrari have clearly said that the problem was onl worth a tenth of a second. Kimi's complaints were a bit out of proportion to the problem.

Well said