Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Fastest Laps - Malaysia 2007

Maybe seeing the best 5 laps of each driver gives us a bit more information on what happened yesterday, on the real pace of each driver, the consistency of their best times etc...

FA

1:36.861

1:36.921

1:36.961

1:36.997

1:37.062

LH

1:36.701

1:37.257

1:37.453

1:37.579

1:37.651

KR

1:37.228

1:37.479

1:37.481

1:37.539

1:37.584

FM

1:37.199

1:37.691

1:37.728

1:37.791

1:37.835

Q.E.D. :clap3:

We know that McLaren are slightly better at putting development into action

What on earth did you mean by that?

The conditions suited the Mclarens better, they idn't suddenly gain all that time back by improving their car within 3 weeks.

It is a well known fact that McLaren have the fastest turnaround on new parts in the paddock. Even in the thursday before the first practise session new parts where being flown out and assembled onto the car.

It is a well known fact that McLaren have the fastest turnaround on new parts in the paddock. Even in the thursday before the first practise session new parts where being flown out and assembled onto the car.

and yet they havent won any titles since 1999! Ferrari's development is just as relentless any everyone else's

Where where the new parts on Ferrari's car for malaysia then?

If they knew McLaren where bringing new parts, their choice not to bring new parts kinda stank of Arrogance.

For most of the time they had the tyre advantage. Look what happened in 2005 when they lost the tyre advantage.

If you want an example of McLaren's fast turnaround in new parts, look at the 2006 Spanish GP

In just 2 weeks they managed to make the car a second per lap faster

Oh yes, one race proves your rule :rolleyes:

Having a crap car and suddenly making it better isn't that much of an achievement. How much did Ferrari gain at Imola in 2005? 3 seconds? Beat that :P

Where was that massive pace through the rest of 2005 then? apart from their ground breaking win against 2 minardis and 2 jordans in Indy

Well the Mclaren pace at the Spanish GP didn't last long. You still haven't proved your claim that Mclaren have a faster turn around time than anyone else in the paddock.

You haven't disproved it either ;)

And funnily enough I don't have access to McLaren's production records (surprising that isn't it!) I am going on what the production crews on TV say, and what information comes out of the paddock.

Ferrari are consistent at developing. Mclaren are consistent, look at last year they had consistent development but cos they started behind they never caught up as it wasnt really any faster than anyone else. Honda last year compare Silverstone to France and then even Germany to Hungary! That was going from midfield to front running again and they stayed there. That is aggressive development! But even then it wasn't what I would call unexpectedly fast development!

Martin Brundle for one, and he has a good knowledge of the F1 paddock. Brundle knows a lot of people in the paddock, and his information is usually spot on, so I trust what he says most of the time.

Ferrari themselves have admitted theyre surprised by McLaren's development pace.

Ferrari are consistent at developing. Mclaren are consistent, look at last year they had consistent development but cos they started behind they never caught up as it wasnt really any faster than anyone else. Honda last year compare Silverstone to France and then even Germany to Hungary! That was going from midfield to front running again and they stayed there. That is aggressive development! But even then it wasn't what I would call unexpectedly fast development!

Honda's development was impressive last year, and they need more of the same (and fast) if theyre to recover this year.

McLaren did make a lot of gain last year, but the problem was they had an inherent design flaw in the chassis that was not easy to fix without building a totally new car. I personally believe that when they realised the 2006 car was not a championship challenger the likelihood is that they made it as quick as they could, and worked on fixing the design flaws for the 2007 chassis. Ferrari's car undoubtadely got quicker, but they do owe a lot of their 2006 comeback to aggressive tyre development

I have reported him and I have been advised to just ignore him. He is lucky that this site's staff are tolerant, at most of the forums I work for the staff would have banned someone like him an eternity ago. Maybe everyone should just ignore him, that way he loses his target audience

Maybe seeing the best 5 laps of each driver gives us a bit more information on what happened yesterday, on the real pace of each driver, the consistency of their best times etc...

FA

1:36.861

1:36.921

1:36.961

1:36.997

1:37.062

LH

1:36.701

1:37.257

1:37.453

1:37.579

1:37.651

KR

1:37.228

1:37.479

1:37.481

1:37.539

1:37.584

FM

1:37.199

1:37.691

1:37.728

1:37.791

1:37.835

Both Massa and Hamilton have a fastest lap that is half a second quicker than anything else they produced... shows they're unreliable.

Both Massa and Hamilton have a fastest lap that is half a second quicker than anything else they produced... shows they're unreliable.

Hamilton was intentionally holding the Ferraris up, the fastest lap is just his true pace. It doens't show us anythign, since he didn't make a mistake despite huge pressure. You are of course right in Massa's case, though I suspect he just lost his marbles after that attempt, and Ferrari probably just told him to finish the race.

Indeed Kay, and clearly Alonso was the quicker over the race distance (derr! lol).

Honda do desperately need massively fast development to get towards the front end of the grid. By mid-season I can see them being level with the likes of BMW-Sauber but still someway off Ferrari and Mclaren!

Hamilton was intentionally holding the Ferraris up, the fastest lap is just his true pace. It doens't show us anythign, since he didn't make a mistake despite huge pressure. You are of course right in Massa's case, though I suspect he just lost his marbles after that attempt, and Ferrari probably just told him to finish the race.

He did not hold them up, he had a handling problem. Neither of them where that much quicker in clear air.

Indeed Kay, and clearly Alonso was the quicker over the race distance (derr! lol).

Honda do desperately need massively fast development to get towards the front end of the grid. By mid-season I can see them being level with the likes of BMW-Sauber but still someway off Ferrari and Mclaren!

2 and a half seconds is a huge gap. I don't really hold out any hope for Honda until their B car appears.

He did not hold them up, he had a handling problem.

Let's see, they've used up traffic, they've used up handling problem.

I woul say next time Lewis needs to slow down to help Alonso, they will say that it is tyre graining. What do you think the excuse will be?

Its not an excuse, any halfwit with a brain cell (i guess that excludes you, but meh) could see that his car was sliding around a lot.

Please attack the post and not the poster, that is how the fights start in the first place. :(

I am sorry, I normally do but with someone like cavallino its not easy :P