Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Fastest Laps - Malaysia 2007

Hamilton was intentionally holding the Ferraris up, the fastest lap is just his true pace. It doens't show us anythign, since he didn't make a mistake despite huge pressure. You are of course right in Massa's case, though I suspect he just lost his marbles after that attempt, and Ferrari probably just told him to finish the race.

I don't think Hamilton was intentionally holding the Ferrari's up at all.

I was saying the fastest laps were unreliable not the drivers.

I dont know, LH is not really that impressive for me. I have to give him that hes god at starts. but also, every time Massa or Kubi try to push him off too much ans so leave themselves open to the out side. But he was desperately slower then FA and even Kimi at the end of the race. Kimi was making up .4 of a second a lap after the last stops and had the race been 5 laps longer would probably have overtaken him into turn 4 or 15.

but what really is amazing me is Nick. He is having the luck this season with the BMW reliability. And I have to feel sorry for Kubi, first stuck in 5th and then having the TC mess up. apparently it was working against the car, turning on when it shouldn't and turning of when it should be on. But if one of the front guys has a problem he is right there to take 3rd or 2nd even, We have seen, BWM is team #3

He did have a rather savage handling problem in the first stint. He was pretty quick in the second, but for some reason he struggled on the harder tyres in the third.

You don't see the irony of complaining to the mods and calling me names do you? Just find the number of such posts you've made and find how many I've made. I hope the mods can see that even if you can't.

As for the sliding, I'd like to see a video if you can find one. Odd how it all got sorted after the first stop though.

Different sets of tyres can have markedly different characteristics. If you want to see the sliding, watch A re-run of the race. I am not going to sit here ripping footage from the copy I have to prove something I know is true.

And with an insufferable person like you it is the only option I really have left, but don't worry you aren't too far off of going onto my ignore list anyway

The video should be on youtube, tell me which part I should look at and I will.

Don't make threats that you don't intend to carry out.

Thats the first I have ever heard of a video of an entire race being on YT

And its not a threat, you really are close to going on my ignore list, if you carry on being a jerk thats precisely what I intend to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqXgCMn8iI

Thats the only piece that really had any portion of footage from Hamilton that I could find and it doesn't really show anything. The best example of it was really while Raikkonen was following him and I cannot find any footage of that portion of the race

Lets get a few things straight about the ''god'' that is Lewis Hamilton...

Firstly he is 22 years old, he has entered formula 1 with more experience under his belt than Jenson, Kimi and Alonso had when they started in Formula 1! Again, against the 3 named drivers he has also been fortunate enough to enter a top team (Mclaren) who seem to have a potential WCC winning car, in his debut F1 season! Now not putting a damper on your hamilton bum ****ing but he bloody should be doing well considering this plus the fact he has been groomed from a very young age by Ron Dennis to be an F1 driver, with all that backing and support and the fact he is a slightly more experienced rookie than the other top 3 drivers were, and the fact he is in one this years very best cars, he ****ing well should be doing well!

I still don't get the hype!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYqXgCMn8iI

Thats the only piece that really had any portion of footage from Hamilton that I could find and it doesn't really show anything. The best example of it was really while Raikkonen was following him and I cannot find any footage of that portion of the race

First shot down the straight you see Hamilton coming out of the final turn and get a bit of a wobble resulting in Massa being all over him. Best example is turn 2 (from the same angle they show at the 2 minute mark) in the first stint I remember Hamilton having an oversteer moment putting the power down, in that video though he's defending so going slower which prevented it.

First shot down the straight you see Hamilton coming out of the final turn and get a bit of a wobble resulting in Massa being all over him. Best example is turn 2 (from the same angle they show at the 2 minute mark) in the first stint I remember Hamilton having an oversteer moment putting the power down, in that video though he's defending so going slower which prevented it.

You have better eyes than me lol. I struggle to see small details with the low resolution and quality of youtube videos

Lets get a few things straight about the ''god'' that is Lewis Hamilton...

Firstly he is 22 years old, he has entered formula 1 with more experience under his belt than Jenson, Kimi and Alonso had when they started in Formula 1! Again, against the 3 named drivers he has also been fortunate enough to enter a top team (Mclaren) who seem to have a potential WCC winning car, in his debut F1 season! Now not putting a damper on your hamilton bum ****ing but he bloody should be doing well considering this plus the fact he has been groomed from a very young age by Ron Dennis to be an F1 driver, with all that backing and support and the fact he is a slightly more experienced rookie than the other top 3 drivers were, and the fact he is in one this years very best cars, he ****ing well should be doing well!

I still don't get the hype!

He is very talented, there is no deny about it. But there is wisdom in your words, Ben!

I agree. I don't think LH was holding back the Ferraris. Pedro de la Rosa said Lewis was suffering from oversteer on his first stint. If you look at LH first pit stop you'll see a mechanic doing the adjustment on his front wing. Right after his pit stop, with a new set of soft tyres, LH made the fastest lap of the race (lap 22).

Remember FA didn't have a set of new soft tyres for the race because he used two of them on Q3. His two sets of soft tyres had been already used on saturday. FA did his fastest lap on lap 42 right after his second pit stop on his first lap with his set of new hard tyres.

Therefore, analyzing some of their fastest laps (not just one) through the race, we can see that FA true pace was around 1.37.0 (and very consistent) while LH true pace was around 1.37.5 (and not that consistent)

I agree. I don't think LH was holding back the Ferraris.

IMO he was definately holding them back, but it wasn't a deliberate tactic, but Alonso still had the speed to win

I agree. I don't think LH was holding back the Ferraris. Pedro de la Rosa said Lewis was suffering from oversteer on his first stint. If you look at LH first pit stop you'll see a mechanic doing the adjustment on his front wing. Right after his pit stop, with a new set of soft tyres, LH made the fastest lap of the race (lap 22).

Remember FA didn't have a set of new soft tyres for the race because he used two of them on Q3. His two sets of soft tyres had been already used on saturday. FA did his fastest lap on lap 42 right after his second pit stop on his first lap with his set of new hard tyres.

Therefore, analyzing some of their fastest laps (not just one) through the race, we can see that FA true pace was around 1.37.0 (and very consistent) while LH true pace was around 1.37.5 (and not that consistent)

Just like in Melbourne Alonso used his softs in qualifying and they where cured for the race so he didnt suffer from graining, Lewis on the other hand would have a set of fresh soft rubber with greater initial performance but then alot more drop-off from graining.

He is very talented, there is no deny about it. But there is wisdom in your words, Ben!

Indeed, I am however very rarely wrong!