Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Flash:honda In Talks With Ross Brawn !

Signing Ross Brawn would be fantastic - but what they really need is a team of people who can design a decent F1 car.

1 person cant make a great team - just look at Newey's (lack of) impact at Red Bull

Signing Ross Brawn would be fantastic - but what they really need is a team of people who can design a decent F1 car.

1 person cant make a great team - just look at Newey's (lack of) impact at Red Bull

Also, what Honda needs is somebody proven. Don't you think that when Michael arrived at Ferrari they knew that if they failed it was going to be because of the car, not him, he was already a winner. The same is true with Fernando's arrival at Mclaren; no excuses.

Ross would bring an invaluable sense of race winning engineering pedigree which would no doubt lift a technical team from the doldrums.

Interesting...

I think Ross would be a good fit at a team like BMW-Sauber, Red Bull, or Honda. I'd like to see it, throw some more teams into the mix.

I don't think that it's true that Newey didn't help Red Bull; I actually think they are doing poor because of Newey's mistake. That to me shows some impact.

Personally, I could see Honda's megabucks attracting him, but, Red Bull is trying to hire everybody under the sun, and a Brawn/Newey dream team might be very interesting, so...

-Eric

I dunno, to me Red Bull considering their technical team should be challenging for podiums at least by now! They much the same as Honda and Toyota are desperately underperforming! Williams however are performing better than I thought they would, and Renault are performing how I felt they would, same goes for BMW-Sauber, Mclaren and Ferrari!

On Ross Brawn, to me if not in Ferrari, he would be in a team where a challenge lies for him! That team looks very much to be Honda imo as they have the foundations to be great and he knows if he could turn that team around he would be the one that the press and fans say turned the team around! I think he would certainly enjoy the challenge and the rewards that would come with it! The more I think about it infact the more I think it will probably happen!

Honda's poor performance is not due to lack of resources or the will to win, What they lack is leadership! Brawn is just the man they need to sweep things into order and provide the technical leadership they so badly need...

They need Ross Brawn, Michael Schumacher, David Copperfield and Jesus!

Ha! That is SO well said! I've been sitting here reading and reading through the forums and catching up on lost time (man, you guys post alot over here!) lol but haven't replied to anything yet. But this I just had to reply to! lol. Well said Quiet(?!) One :)

It would be really great I think to have Ross back so I've been keen to hear what's going to happen but fact of the matter will always be that it took the combination of RB, MS, and the tech and mechanical teams behind them to create the winning forumla they were. RB at Honda is only going to taint his current Godly strategist status (in my opinion anyway), so I think it would be a bad move. If he comes back, it needs to be in familiar territory where his reputation will never be on the line ...