Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Williams Eyes Bahrain Top Ten - Wurz

Alex Wurz says the Williams team is aiming to get both its cars home in the top ten in this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. The Williams Toyota package has been very competitive so far this season, but has suffered from bad luck - a hydraulics failure stopped Nico Rosberg's charge to sixth in Malaysia and Alex Wurz's weekend was shot when his car stuck ing ear in qualifying,

"I'm looking forward to Bahrain," Wurz said. "I like the circuit and last year we produced good lap times there so I think it suits the car as well. The only thing we have to overcome is that we didn't test there over the winter so we will have a bit of catching up to do on Friday but I don't think it'll be a problem."

"We have a new aero package for the race that I tested at the Malaysia test a couple of weeks ago," he added. "It worked well so I'm optimistic that we will get the cars into the top ten if everything goes ok. That has to be our target for this weekend."

Source GPUPDATE.NET

Good to see Williams back in form.

I think he can do it, He had two starts with just bad luck. he was 9th in Melbourne before DC and then a 'box failure in Sepang. but he did how he still has racing in him. he just carved through the field from the back.

Its great to see Williams clawing their way back up with their fingernails.

I never expected such a turnaround, just to see them go to the back of the grid.

Well done to Frank and the boys at Willys!

Here's hoping that they finish ahead of Toyota.

Theyre quicker this year but the car is obviously still fragile. Shame to see a once great team fall from grace so badly

Teams that fall that far dont normally get back up. But it looks like Williams are trying like hell.

Best of luck to them :clap3:

I think he can do it, He had two starts with just bad luck. he was 9th in Melbourne before DC and then a 'box failure in Sepang. but he did how he still has racing in him. he just carved through the field from the back.

I with you, his drive in Sepang showed the world that he still possess the racecraft to cut the mustard in F1. Something that I thought might be lacking after so many years pounding around Spanish test tracks in a McLaren & Williams.

Shame they still haven't conquered their gearbox gremlins. I don't think there is any quick cure for Williams.

Interesting that the Toyota has suffered no problems with their Williams gearbox yet :eusa_think:

They are aiming for a Top Ten??? Amongst 22 drivers??? Wow, how daring!

<_<

:lol:

I with you, his drive in Sepang showed the world that he still possess the racecraft to cut the mustard in F1. Something that I thought might be lacking after so many years pounding around Spanish test tracks in a McLaren & Williams.

Interesting that the Toyota has suffered no problems with their Williams gearbox yet :eusa_think:

:lol:

it wasn't a gear box issue, just an hydraulics failure. I don't think its a toyota system. Toyota provide the engine, the gearbox is a Williams design. It may share tech with Toyota on that though....

it wasn't a gear box issue, just an hydraulics failure. I don't think its a toyota system. Toyota provide the engine, the gearbox is a Williams design. It may share tech with Toyota on that though....

Yes it was a gearbox failure, which was not related to the hydraulic system.

On Alex's car in Q1 it was a minor gearbox failure which caused the car to be stuck in gear, most times this sort of problem is attributed to the hydraulics I know, but not this time according to the Williams.

Nico suffered a problem with water pressure which Williams tried their best to alleviate with reducing the operating parameters but as we all know the engine gave up 13 laps from the end of the GP.

A whole decade since williams's last title-winning season, isnt that weird?

i love to see them doing well, as do most of us

Alex Wurz says the Williams team is aiming to get both its cars home in the top ten in this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.

WOW, this is bloody ambitious!!!

Rumor has it Spyker are looking to bring home both cars in the top 22!!!

Shame they still haven't conquered their gearbox gremlins. I don't think there is any quick cure for Williams.

Yeh sounds very simular to 2006 where they get themselves into position to get some points and then break down...

Very frustrating... :angry:

The gearbox thing was a unrelated failure in all winter testing and Malaysia testing earlier that week, things like that happen, the hydro failure is worrying me the most, and it was a engine related problem, a water leak lead to the DNF. It

The gearbox thing was a unrelated failure in all winter testing and Malaysia testing earlier that week, things like that happen, the hydro failure is worrying me the most, and it was a engine related problem, a water leak lead to the DNF. It

Ahem...aren't we forgetting about Renault? :lol:

Right now, and we all know things change in a blink of a eye in F1, i think Williams is side by side with Renault, Fisico was better in the 1st race, but if it wasn

Right now, and we all know things change in a blink of a eye in F1, i think Williams is side by side with Renault, Fisico was better in the 1st race, but if it wasn

Man, I'd love to see Williams climb up enough to beat Toyota and Honda. Although I'll be feeling Webbers pain if they beat Redbull to! <_<

How come? everyone else is beating red bull :P