Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Be Really Scared He'll Be Back.

I hope Alonso can stay longer in F1 but you are right this could be his last season it's all up to LH. :naughty:

:yawn: you know what I meant

i didnt like farari but as much as i dilike them i like kimi so here i am

I can understand where you are coming from. My mum has never liked ferrari but she is also a fan of Raikkonen, in fact I have a bet with her over who takes this year's championship :P

One thing to note in the last 2 races is that Mclaren are short filling ALonso to qualify ahead of Hamilton and have put more than 2 laps of fuel more than alonso on Hamilton's car. I wonder if this is deliberate to avoid Hamilton outqualifying Alonso. It would nice to see both start with similar fuel loads or Hamilton with slightly lighter car....

Any Comments?

The likely hood is that they would probably give the strategic advantage to the driver they consider most likely to mount a WDC challenge, so it is possible yes.

One thing to note in the last 2 races is that Mclaren are short filling ALonso to qualify ahead of Hamilton and have put more than 2 laps of fuel more than alonso on Hamilton's car. I wonder if this is deliberate to avoid Hamilton outqualifying Alonso. It would nice to see both start with similar fuel loads or Hamilton with slightly lighter car....

Any Comments?

They cant pit on the same lap...

Never know, they might be on the same fuel loads in qualify and because of the little fact above its hidden.

Yeah... this thread is becoming really funny indeed...

YEARS and YEARS...Ferrari used the second driver to take care of Scummi, and now for a race they scream because Alonso won...

yeah really funny.

YEARS and YEARS...Ferrari used the second driver to take care of Scummi, and now for a race they scream because Alonso won...

yeah really funny.

Couldn't have put it better :D

The likely hood is that they would probably give the strategic advantage to the driver they consider most likely to mount a WDC challenge, so it is possible yes.

That is why I said that Mclaren is helping Alonso a little bit over LH, and there is nothing wrong with this I think that they would be doing it wrong if they don't do it like this and for the first time is good to see an alonso fan saying that is at least possible, good for you :clap3:

They cant pit on the same lap...

Never know, they might be on the same fuel loads in qualify and because of the little fact above its hidden.

They can not pit in the same lap but they can qualify with the same amount of fuel and take a later desicion on who stop first by the order they have in the race, I guess that this is the ideal scenario if we want to be fear to each driver, but from the team point of view the have to do everything they can to unsure that their "best driver" have the best strategy, i am not agaisnt that, drivers are employed by the team and they have to work for the team, right now in Mclaren they are coming to a point that theya re not sure who their best driver is, I mean Alonso have a lot more experience than LH but he is doing a great job anyway, probably with better resources he can do it still better and IMO he got what it takes to be a WDC and the team knows that so right now it would be a mistake to favour just one of them when you don't know how the season will fold, just imaging LH loosing the WDC by two points to Massa to say a name and not get Kimi in this, in a situation like LH and the team would be sorry for what they did at the start of the season, you never know what can happend in F1

That is why I said that Mclaren is helping Alonso a little bit over LH, and there is nothing wrong with this I think that they would be doing it wrong if they don't do it like this and for the first time is good to see an alonso fan saying that is at least possible, good for you :clap3:

I have no reason to deny it. All teams would do the same thing, it makes perfect sense. Lewis I believe will win a WDC at somepoint, but that point isn't quiet now

I have no reason to deny it. All teams would do the same thing, it makes perfect sense. Lewis I believe will win a WDC at somepoint, but that point isn't quiet now

Well the way he've been driving tells me a different story, some people even hint Massa a WDC winner and right now LH is ahead of Massa, so is not to be surprise to me if LH takes the WDC this season.

So what if they put same fuel in both and and give the one that qualifys higher gets the priority strategy (as was said) but that involves considering traffic aswell which means the priority driver that days pits with 2 or so laps worth of fuel left but is clear from any traffic on the outlap. 2nd driver is then considered on which lap before he must pit will have less traffic.

Does that sound so crazy?

Well the way he've been driving tells me a different story, some people even hint Massa a WDC winner and right now LH is ahead of Massa, so is not to be surprise to me if LH takes the WDC this season.

He undoubtadely has the skill, but I personally think that the McLaren staff's aim is to give him a bit of experience first

So what if they put same fuel in both and and give the one that qualifys higher gets the priority strategy (as was said) but that involves considering traffic aswell which means the priority driver that days pits with 2 or so laps worth of fuel left but is clear from any traffic on the outlap. 2nd driver is then considered on which lap before he must pit will have less traffic.

Does that sound so crazy?

The only problem with this is that if the one that qualify lower overtakes his teamate at the start the one that is not holding the best position on track will have teh best strategy and this is not good for the team from my point of view. Remember Alonso/Hamilton in the fisrt race and Kimi/Masa at Sepang, LH overtook FA at the start and after three laps KR was ahead of Massa at Sepang in cases like thoses it makes no sense to give the best strategy to the one that qualify higher because his advantage if qualifying is lost after a couple of laps.

yeah really funny.

I;m Sorry to ask but Who screamed???

He undoubtadely has the skill, but I personally think that the McLaren staff's aim is to give him a bit of experience first

This is your thinking but he said that he is not here to finish second and looking at the way he defended his second place from Kimi I guess that he is not here to finish third eather, so he is only aiming at the first place it is clear like you siad that he has the skill so why not giving him the chance to go for it, he is showing that he is able to win it, right now only the team can restrict him from finishing higher and it would be a mistake to do so.

I;m Sorry to ask but Who screamed???

Dont you hear them?...wait...shhhh hear?

dont worry, if Alonso keep winning even you will scream... :naughty:

I meant Raikkonen fans

You, Schumikonen, BradSpeedMan, raikkonen_dominates2

The actual reality of the matter is that it is Raikkonen's fans that portray him as some kind of god, just look at some of the stuff that comes out of BradSpeedMan

You must learn not to take me so seriously Shane. I come on TF1 forums to have fun, and I'm humorous by nature. I really don't mean probably 50% things I say on here, I just have fun talking about my favourite sport.

The only problem with this is that if the one that qualify lower overtakes his teamate at the start the one that is not holding the best position on track will have teh best strategy and this is not good for the team from my point of view. Remember Alonso/Hamilton in the fisrt race and Kimi/Masa at Sepang, LH overtook FA at the start and after three laps KR was ahead of Massa at Sepang in cases like thoses it makes no sense to give the best strategy to the one that qualify higher because his advantage if qualifying is lost after a couple of laps.

Depends if one of your drivers will make such big mistakes to end up behind. If both are top quality it dosent make such a big difference.

Dont you hear them?...wait...shhhh hear?

dont worry, if Alonso keep winning even you will scream... :naughty:

I am sure that he will not scream, Alonso winning more races is an unlikely scenario, I mean he can win a couple more races this season but he will not be the driver to beat this season he will be the beatten driver instead.

Don't you see everything read ahead?

Depends if one of your drivers will make such big mistakes to end up behind. If both are top quality it dosent make such a big difference.

Are you saying with this that Alonso made "a big mistake" in the first race? because he ended up behind LH and just the strategy gave him LH's place at the end.

If for some reason Hamilton scores more points than Alonso in the next couple of races...I have a feeling that Alonso might lose his nerve a little bit considering the fact that there is so much support for LH in the team ( probably more than that for Alonso).

Are you saying with this that Alonso made "a big mistake" in the first race? because he ended up behind LH and just the strategy gave him LH's place at the end.

Can't wait for the truth about Melbourne 2007 to come out. Like when Kimi had to change his nose cone in the 2006 race and much later it became public knowledge (that it was driver error by flatspotting his tyre) and explained why he dropped back when he was in a competative car (fast enough to win) *. A water leak just sprung out of nowhere? riding the curbs is a flimsy excuse since everyone does it and such fixtures are designed with that in mind.

That then leads to Lewis the rookie beating "the fastest driver in F1" even though the rookie started behind him, had more fuel and handling problems. Seem's Kimi sniff's victory, gets excited and throws it all away.

Now thats a mistake. Plenty more we can pick out if you want to try and claim an inconvenience suffered by Alonso suffered, but put right without effecting anything else, as a mistake. Never try to accuse Alonso of making mistakes while defending Kimi...its simply impossible to win.

*or the broken drive shaft from doing too many practice starts or throwing away another win from flatspotting his tyre or running too close behind another car sufficating his of much needed cooling (again in a car fast enough to win, easily!) or running wide enough to end up pulling gravel onto the track during qualifying and in the race only having one car ahead meaning naother lost opertunity to win or running wide and getting all out of shape near the end of a race handing the 2nd place position to the 3rd place driver when all he had to do was bring the car home, etc.

...Alonso winning more races is an unlikely scenario...

Oh no...believe me, you will scream too...

If for some reason Hamilton scores more points than Alonso in the next couple of races...I have a feeling that Alonso might lose his nerve a little bit considering the fact that there is so much support for LH in the team ( probably more than that for Alonso).

Look back the past 2 years, Alonso has scored more points over Lewis so far this year then he has with Fisi within the same period. Not a single wheel put wrong is any session so far either meaning there is zero pressure or excess effort being shown by Alonso.