Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

December

Team Orders

Ok gang,

Here is my only warning. I am FUMING :angry: and planning on venting it out right here!

I UNDERSTAND that f1 is a business and that teams have to put their own priorities first because it all comes down to the bottom line.

I KNOW that team orders are essential to maintain their efforts in the WDC and the WCC.

I EMPATHISE that the teams need to do what they have to when it comes to making the most of their opportunities.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT???

It sucks! BIG TIME! :angry:

Team Orders devalue the sport. I LOVE schumy [as you all know] and want him to win/place as high as possible. BUT with honour and integrity. Not because some schmo on the end of the radio has deemed it is 'better for business'.

I am soooooo p*ssed off about rubens [who I am not a huge fan of] not being permitted to rightfully finish second, because of team orders. I truly believe that Michael would have been willing to allow Rubens his opportunity to have a podium win above Schuey, as he had obviously deserved it.

Please note that David had an awesome race, and I know that he has had to suffer team orders on way too many occasions.

It shouldn't matter what team we are talking about here; what matters is that the whole thing leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

TEAM ORDERS SUCK. LET THE DRIVERS WIN FOR THEMSELVES!

Hey December I love the new signature!

That wouldn't be a Ferrari would it???????

I agree about team orders being a total bleahhh,  & I feel sorry for whoever it happens to (like Colin Bond defering to Allan Moffat at Bathurst) but they are a fact of life & will be with us in motorsport forever.

It's no good advocating a ban either as then the lead car will develop "technical problems" & this way at least it's out in the open for us all to see & maybe disagree with.

I suppose it's a case of swings & roundabouts. Mika should now have to defer to DC (if ever Hakkers is in a position to do so!)

Probably won't happen though as Williams will be at the front soon, leaving the two Mclaren drivers fighting for 5th & 6th. That is unless Arrows keep improving.

If you suffer from Deja Vu & amnesia do you remember forgetting something before?

Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Minardi or Arrows.

Who cares which teams gives orders, none of them should.

In sunday case I think RB should not only be angry but highly dismotivated for the order he received.

I think he should have finished 2nd, as he beat MS fair and square all day long.

Same for McLaren, hope in the next races none of them will be holding the group for the other

That takes all the sportmanship and the fun away from F-1, boring races come from that strategy only.

maybe a silly question but what woyuld happen if rubens didnt pull over and took 2nd ???

would they have fired him????

i hope ms can finish the season or this may have been a little error hehe. its still very early....

what is happening to this sport we love so much team orders, traction control ,launch control , i saw on tv the drivers dont even have to change up gear now.

I don't think they would have fired him but you can bet life would have pretty miserable for him for a few months or until he resigned.

As for traction control etc. We had all those things only a few years ago & they were banned until some of the teams found a loophole (200 milliseconds wide) in the regulations.

Watch out for active suspension making a comeback soon.

They wouldn't have renewed his contract and he would have ended up at Minardi...

I don't see a problem with team orders - as boring as it might be, this is a team game...and Ferrari have a budget of 200 million dollars a year that they don't want to squander a world championship on because they are worried about spoiling the show.

Right Sam.

Also, look how much discussion team orders have raised among the general public due to news items etc. People who dont know F1 from skateboarding are rabbiting on about the sport & the implications of team orders.

As the man said "There's no such thing as bad publicity".

Increased public awareness of F1 can only attract more followers & thus sponsorship dollars.