Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Hamilton: I Didn't 'trick' Massa In Malaysia

Hammy stayed on-line but left enough of a gap to entice Massa into trying for the pass. Hammy then left his braking until late (as seen by his locking up the rears on entry) knowing that Massa would also brake late. Because Massa was off-line and entering from a tighter arc, all Hammy had to do was keep on-line and late brake and he knew Massa would overshoot and go wide. Neat trick and totally unexpected from a rookie. I wish I could say Massa falling for it was equally unexpected....

I believe some translation is in order.......

"I didn't trick him

Hamilton is definately a classy guy. I like him more by the day.

I'm of the same opinion.

If you showed a clip of that over taking attempt to someone who is new to motorsport in general and asked them who of the two drivers (LH & FM) where the rookie I

Hammy stayed on-line but left enough of a gap to entice Massa into trying for the pass. Hammy then left his braking until late (as seen by his locking up the rears on entry) knowing that Massa would also brake late. Because Massa was off-line and entering from a tighter arc, all Hammy had to do was keep on-line and late brake and he knew Massa would overshoot and go wide. Neat trick and totally unexpected from a rookie. I wish I could say Massa falling for it was equally unexpected....

It was unexpected for you and so it was for Massa who felt in it because he was not expecting that form a rookie, definitely LH is a lot better than what I thought.

I'm of the same opinion.

If you showed a clip of that over taking attempt to someone who is new to motorsport in general and asked them who of the two drivers (LH & FM) where the rookie I

I feel your being a bit too hard on Massa... He made a mistake and paid the price for it (lost a good ammount of points and otherwise could have come second byt he pit stops) but unfortuanly mistakes happen, am i still have some faith in his skills, i would still not write him off...

Maybe i am being a bit hard on him AJ, it's only a bit of fun but with a serious undercurrent; You hit the nail on the head, he made a mistake and lost a good amount of points. In my view, as a driver in a top team, that's unacceptable. He's had time to sort himself out, had the experience, the mentors etc it's now time to deliver and be solid, not to be made a laughing stock by a two race rookie.

Yeah, that was some serious entertainment too. If we had more of that in F1, I'd be happy.

you just need to put more crap drivers in frontrunning cars. Massa belongs in the midfield.

For a rookie, Hamilton's defensive driving is incredible, I was quite shocked watching Malaysia, despite what Lewis had already acheived in Oz

Maybe i am being a bit hard on him AJ, it's only a bit of fun but with a serious undercurrent; You hit the nail on the head, he made a mistake and lost a good amount of points. In my view, as a driver in a top team, that's unacceptable. He's had time to sort himself out, had the experience, the mentors etc it's now time to deliver and be solid, not to be made a laughing stock by a two race rookie.

If a 2 time WDC is almost being beaten by a rookie, why are you picking on Massa... He has experience i agree, but this is his first mistake this year...

I'm of the same opinion.

Amusingly, Lewis seems to be more level headed. I think Massa may be missing Schumi's stabilising influence.

If a 2 time WDC is almost being beaten by a rookie, why are you picking on Massa... He has experience i agree, but this is his first mistake this year...

Hamilton has made us raise our eyebrows relative to Fernando's pace but let's keep it in perspective; although Lewis has beaten Fernando in certain sessions he has neither out qualified him or out raced him, yet. In short, Fernando has not put a foot wrong and is still a worthy double world champion.

Now, turning to Massa; I am picking on him because he should be handling Hamilton in exactly the same way that Fernando has and yet he hasn't. In fact he was clearly rattled by the composure of this excellent young man. Massa has been around the block a bit, he should know by now how to play the long game. There is clearly something adrift in his ability to contain all that flair which on occasion can make him so fast.

Michael spoke to Massa this week, i wonder what they discussed? Michael probably suggested that Massa regroups and builds back up to someone like Hamilton, not approach him with a knife edge style that is easy to falter with. Follow him, see where the cracks are, if there aren't any, (ahem put your arm on his shoulder for this one and whisper it...learn from him) be astute, use your team, that sort of thing.

It maybe Massa's 'first mistake this year' but that's a bit of a lame excuse as we are only two races in and as i said before he should not be making mistakes.

I certainly think Massa need's a bit of Schumi's steady hand right now, being outfoxed by a rookie (no matter how good) is simply unacceptable for a driver wishing to mount a WDC challenge

Hamilton showed great composure and great maturity, in his two races he had came under heavy pressure but he coped with it well. I just think this guy will be a world champion one day, he is only a rookie but he is playing with the biy boys already.

As for massa, well I think that he has a tendency to make rash decisions sometimes. No doubt he is a very quick driver but if he can just avoid making silly mistakes, I think he'll be up there racing with Raikkonen for race wins. He just needs to learn how to stay calm and dont get frustated.