Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Friday Practice-bahrain Gp 2007

Hamilton is next... carries too much speed to make the exit and goes wide...

Alonso does the same, so it looks like this track is throwing up a lot of difficulties. :eusa_think:

r u watchin it live??? :unsure::blush:

Nope, I couldn't find anywhere - just getting info from other places like this. ;)

Wurz has now apparently spun too (well a few laps ago now).

I have to say.............Toyota have improved an awful lot!

More to do with others doing miserably, especially when it comes to handling. Looks like it is going to be a hard one to set up for this weekend.

come on Fernando ,Lewis,these are your free engines...........we need a lot more action from you guys!

Hey guys........i some times wonder that some of the F1 drivers check out TF1.com and read our Forums.......during their break between the practice sessions or whenever they are free........i think our's is the only forum which is quite popular and up to date. once i checked out the autosport forum and speed tv forum and they're not even upto date with us(no offence other forum readers!) of course german forums are quite popular. Do you guys know abt any other popular forums....

come on Fernando ,Lewis,these are your free engines...........we need a lot more action from you guys!

Hey guys........i some times wonder that some of the F1 drivers check out TF1.com and read our Forums.......during their break between the practice sessions or whenever they are free........i think our's is the only forum which is quite popular and up to date. once i checked out the autosport forum and speed tv forum and they're not even upto date with us(no offence other forum readers!) of course german forums are quite popular. Do you guys know abt any other popular forums....

i hv been to other forums too... but they suck big time.. no one is this much active and upto date to the last second for F1 news/timings etc... :clap3:

way to go TF1 :thbup:

edit : looks like good fighting between alonso n hamilton...

hammy goes 3rd with 1:34.110 to alonso's 1:34.161....

Webber and Raikkonen almost collide... Kimi goes to the inside hoping to be let past, but Webber just about to start a hot lap either doesn't see him or ignores... apparently they get very close.

Albers seems to have forgotten the concept of going fast.

Perhaps he mislaid it with his ego. :naughty:

well, thanks to posters like yourself keeping us up to date almost instantaneously :thbup::clap3:

lovely stuff guys

Raikkonen quickest in practice 1 - Bahrain

Kimi Raikkonen dominated the first practice session of the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend, lapping half a second faster than teammate Felipe Massa - and nearly a second clear of the fastest non-Ferrari.

The Finn was the first of the leading contenders to take to the track, emerging from the Ferrari garage after half an hour and immediately moving to the top of the standings by 1.2 seconds.

Raikkonen then improved by half a second on his next lap and his 1:33.162 proved impossible to beat.

Massa did not attempt a flying lap until nearly an hour into the session, and his first effort was a second shy of Raikkonen's, although he improved to within 0.517 seconds later in his run.

McLaren seemed hard-pressed to match Ferrari's pace, both Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton lapping 1.5 seconds slower than Raikkonen at first.

They closed the gap to 0.9 seconds on their final runs, but both appeared to be struggling for grip all morning.

Alonso went off the road at Turn 10 on two consecutive laps and also drifted onto the sand at Turn 11, while Hamilton had two moments at the final corner.

They weren't the only drivers battling to stay on the road after overnight storms rendered the track very 'green'.

Heikki Kovalainen went straight on at Turn 1 early in the session, Alex Wurz had a spin at Turn 7, Massa had to save a wild moment after getting onto the kerbs at Turn 7, and Scott Speed, Giancarlo Fisichella and Christijan Albers also had minor incidents.

The Toyotas had set the pace before the top two teams appeared, and Jarno Trulli's early time remained sufficient for fifth place, ahead of BMW's Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica.

Vitantonio Liuzzi jumped to a surprise eighth position in the final seconds of the session. His improvement, and similar late gains by the two Williams, knocked Jenson Button out of the top ten after he had earlier put the Honda as high as seventh.

But while Toro Rosso broke into the top eight, it was a disappointing morning for Red Bull, with David Coulthard and Mark Webber ending the session slower than all bar the Spykers.

For the first time this season, only regular race drivers participated in Friday morning practice. BMW's test driver Sebastian Vettel has a clashing World Series by Renault event at Monza this weekend, while Williams' Kazuki Nakajima is focusing on his GP2 debut in Bahrain.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:33.162 21

2. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:33.679 + 0.517 17

3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:34.110 + 0.948 17

4. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:34.161 + 0.999 15

5. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:34.896 + 1.734 26

6. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) 1:35.076 + 1.914 30

7. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:35.248 + 2.086 24

8. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:35.292 + 2.130 23

9. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:35.375 + 2.213 19

10. Wurz Williams-Toyota (B) 1:35.398 + 2.236 20

11. Button Honda (B) 1:35.445 + 2.283 24

12. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:35.474 + 2.312 21

13. R.Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:35.573 + 2.411 24

14. Fisichella Renault (B) 1:35.697 + 2.535 17

15. Speed Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:35.726 + 2.564 22

16. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:35.856 + 2.694 15

17. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:35.911 + 2.749 20

18. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:36.243 + 3.081 6

19. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:36.483 + 3.321 18

20. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:36.513 + 3.351 7

21. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:37.084 + 3.922 27

22. Albers Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:38.258 + 5.096 29

Read various articles predicting Ferrari to dominate at Bahrain, they did so in testing in Feb... maybe thats why the deficit of Mclaren. We have to see though....

It may be located in the middle of a desert, but Bahrain's Sakhir circuit was drenched with rain in recent days.

More predictably, however, Friday morning dawned hot and dry, despite a touch of cloud cover. The threat of thunderstorms later on still exists, however, but race-day Sunday should be sunny, dry and warm.

-

Spaniards Fernando Alonso and Pedro de la Rosa cast aside lingering gossip about a tense relationship by sharing a game of tennis at their hotel, the Ritz-Carlton, in Bahrain.

In a match lasting nearly three hours, and with the final scores at 6-4, 4-6, 7-5, world champion and current championship leader Alonso was the winner.

-

It is true that the F1 media is presently falling at Lewis Hamilton's feet in praise for the McLaren rookie's stunning early career.

In the Bahrain paddock on Friday morning, however, one photographer took the mantra too literally when he stumbled backwards trying to snap a shot of the strolling McLaren driver.

Hamilton, 22, dodging the carnage at his feet, grinned before enquiring: "Are you ok?"

Nice to see Webber ahead of Coulthard...even if just by a fraction!

This is by far the best forum around!

Maybe there ARE some F1 drivers here... anyone who has not posted during sessions? :P

you???? :blink:

hws yr life with spyker?? :naughty:

Did anyone manageto watch this online?

Nope, after a promising first race it seems any online sources have quickly disappeared. <_<

Nope, after a promising first race it seems any online sources have quickly disappeared. <_<

We have all the practice sessions live on Tv here in SA, but sadly im sitting at work so thats not much use today is it!

We have all the practice sessions live on Tv here in SA, but sadly im sitting at work so thats not much use today is it!

yes, it's bloody frustrating. But our coverage is very good

yes, it's bloody frustrating. But our coverage is very good

We have the best/most coverage of any country in the world! FACT!