Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Friday Practice-bahrain Gp 2007

Hate to agree with you on that, but it probably could explain some of the reason of their drop in speed. Alonso and the change to bridgestones...

The flexifloor has hurt Renault too from what I read (there is a thread somewhere saying that and also at PlanetF1). I was hoping we could battle for at least 3rd in the WCC, now I'll settle for a finish above the Super Aguris :(

Apparently ,there were many spins,moments today. What gives? The track's dusty?

It's discomfitting to see Mclaren so close to Ferrari. No idea why Ferrari is racing the same car since Aussi gp.

Apparently ,there were many spins,moments today. What gives? The track's dusty?

It's discomfitting to see Mclaren so close to Ferrari. No idea why Ferrari is racing the same car since Aussi gp.

Losts of brake balance issues especially in turn 10 (tight left where Fisi's race ended last year) for Kimi and the Redbull's. Some for Lewis early on aswell but seemed to get ontop of it.

:clap3:

Kimi flipped the bird at Scot Speed.....Scott let barrichello through turn 9/10...but blocked kimi when he was on streak of hot laps through turn 10. I really dont know why Scot Speed is racing in F1...he doesnot need to be in F1...He is very arrogant, and always blames others for his mistakes...

Today in the practice session....he asked his engineer during his flyig lap what mode the engine should be under? and shouted on his engineer to update him before the flying lap.....why didn't he ask him before....total nut job. I totally agree with Gerhard Berger, I dont think Scot is very commited to F1...

Any Comments?

Kimi flipped the bird at Scot Speed.....Scott let barrichello through turn 9/10...but blocked kimi when he was on streak of hot laps through turn 10. I really dont know why Scot Speed is racing in F1...he doesnot need to be in F1...He is very arrogant, and always blames others for his mistakes...

Today in the practice session....he asked his engineer during his flyig lap what mode the engine should be under? and shouted on his engineer to update him before the flying lap.....why didn't he ask him before....total nut job. I totally agree with Gerhard Berger, I dont think Scot is very commited to F1...

Any Comments?

Like a lot of American's then?

wow how the mighty Renault have fallen, and I don't believe its 100% due to the car!

There is only one god, Alonso and you are his prophet I presume? :rolleyes: ?

What the blind devotees seem to forget is that the gap between the Renaults and the frontrunners is far greater than the average gap between Alonso and Fisi last year. But of course not, Alonso is this device you fit to your car to make it two seconds faster. :wacko:

Any Comments?

We've been over this, I think the general consensus is that he doesn't deseve to be in F1 at all, simply because he isn't good enough. His far from angelic behaviour isn't even relevant in that sense.

This is interesting - Kubica set his quickest time in the spare car, because in the morning with the old car he continued having the same problems that he had in Malaysia. And new spare car did not have those problems! So BMW: let Kubica drive the spare car in the race!

This is interesting - Kubica set his quickest time in the spare car, because in the morning with the old car he continued having the same problems that he had in Malaysia. And new spare car did not have those problems! So BMW: let Kubica drive the spare car in the race!

I think Coulthard is also driving the T car this weekend. I wonder whats wrong with his normal car?

What the blind devotees seem to forget is that the gap between the Renaults and the frontrunners is far greater than the average gap between Alonso and Fisi last year. But of course not, Alonso is this device you fit to your car to make it two seconds faster. :wacko:

We've been over this, I think the general consensus is that he doesn't deseve to be in F1 at all, simply because he isn't good enough. His far from angelic behaviour isn't even relevant in that sense.

Why don't you look at stopkidding's avatar before you make stupid posts

I think Coulthard is also driving the T car this weekend. I wonder whats wrong with his normal car?

Probably that issue with his steering collumn, seeing as they have not had the time to make any changes

It's crap, the same as the other one? :unsure::P

Why don't you look at stopkidding's avatar before you make stupid posts

What has that got to do with anything?

As you accused him of being an Alonso fan, quiet a lot.

It's crap, the same as the other one? :unsure::P

I truly believe that in many ways the RB3 and MP4-21 are similar. Both had/have alot of unlocked potentual. McLaren found the MP4-21's potentual with the MP4-22 which is a very similar car so im hoping that mid this year the Red Bull engineers will find the RB3's potentual.

I didn't accuse him of being an Alonso fan, I said he gives Alonso far too much credit. Must be hardto comprehend with that everything Mclaren=good, everything else=bad mindset.

edit: directed at Shane2

I truly believe that in many ways the RB3 and MP4-21 are similar. Both had/have alot of unlocked potentual. McLaren found the MP4-21's potentual with the MP4-22 which is a very similar car so im hoping that mid this year the Red Bull engineers will find the RB3's potentual.

The MP4-21's problem was that it did not work its tyres hard enough. The RB3 I just feel they have not hit the sweet spot in its setup yet

I didn't accuse him of being an Alonso fan, I said he gives Alonso far too much credit. Must be hardto comprehend with that everything Mclaren=good, everything else=bad mindset.

You're the one with the negative mindset, not me. I don't have a problem with anyone, apart from ferrari. You don't know what you're talking about, but I guess thats hardly a new feeling for you.

Giving Alonso any credit is giving him too much credit by your standards though.

Cavallino is negative about everything that is not Ferrari, I doubt anyone really cares what he has to say because most of it is rubbish ;)

mayb he has a point lol

Funny how its always the Raikkonen/Ferrari fans that spout this crap

Renault had the most stable and efficient package last year. It was widely considered to be the most aerodynamically efficient car, easy to drive and set up. Now fast forward to 2007. Something went horribly wrong and now they are a second down to the top runners (By Fisi's own estimates which are far more reliable than anyone else's on this forum).

Now there weren't many notable personal changes in Renault. Flavio's style of management is such that there are no high paid superstars that make all the difference. Its just a team of good people working in amazing synergy. Considering all of that the only way to surmise the lack of pace in their 2007 cars ....

1) Failure of the test team to provide accurate feedback to the development team, hence throwing the development off course.

2) The change of tyres from Michelin to Bridgestone. Maybe the renault package is completely rejecting the characteristics of the Renault chassis.

Now the Former can be attributed to the loss of Alonso, the latter to just bad luck!

Give a little take a little. Alonso did make an impact at Renault, now Fisi can't admit to it and neither can you....

Giving Alonso any credit is giving him too much credit by your standards though.

You too think all the speed difference between Renault last year and this year can be accounted for by Alonso :wacko::blink:

Its funny really

When there is no argument, Fisi is rubbish

When they wish to argue about how crap Alonso is, Fisi suddenly becomes a whole lot better. Funny.

You too think all the speed difference between Renault last year and this year can be accounted for by Alonso :wacko::blink:

Not all, but SOME, Alonso is easily 0.3-0.6 faster than Fisi on most days in any car....

Who said all? Im just saying he's getting credit which is very rare and deserves a thread of its own to try and beat some sense into people like you, if you prefare just to rubbish it without actually putting forward a believeable arguement thats perfectly fine by me though.

Funny how its always the Raikkonen/Ferrari fans that spout this crap

Funny how it is always Shane who spouts crap. Actually, not funny.

Now there weren't many notable personal changes in Renault.

How many notable personnel changes were there between 2004 and 2005 at Ferrari? Oh that's right, none. Was there a big tyre rule change? Yes. Strange coincidence eh?

Flavio's style of management is such that there are no high paid superstars that make all the difference.

Highly paid drivers.

1) Failure of the test team to provide accurate feedback to the development team, hence throwing the development off course.

2) The change of tyres from Michelin to Bridgestone. Maybe the renault package is completely rejecting the characteristics of the Renault chassis.

How about the tyres, and the fact that the technical department ****ed up?

Now the Former can be attributed to the loss of Alonso, the latter to just bad luck!

Same question - how can his absence have more of an impact than his presence. Compared to Fisi he was worth 3-4 tenths, now he is suddenly worth over a second?

Cav's original post made perfect sense and was merely an astute observation.