Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Kubeeeetza's Quandry

Until Lewis Hamilton's extraordinary debut in Melbourne, Robert Kubica was Formula 1's quintessential rising star. But fate and misfortune have led to mounting pressure on the talented Pole so far in 2007. Mark Hughes reads between the lines.

Formula 1 is a ruthlessly demanding business for every participant, but especially the drivers.

Yet the sport is so machinery-dependent that the only clear indicator of a driver

Until Lewis Hamilton's extraordinary debut in Melbourne, Robert Kubica was Formula 1's quintessential rising star. But fate and misfortune have led to mounting pressure on the talented Pole so far in 2007. Mark Hughes reads between the lines.

Formula 1 is a ruthlessly demanding business for every participant, but especially the drivers.

Yet the sport is so machinery-dependent that the only clear indicator of a driver's performance is the direct comparison to his team-mate.

Two races into the new season, and the first driver to begin feeling the pressure of under-performance is probably BMW's Robert Kubica.

His arrival in F1 last year created waves that led to Jacques Villeneuve losing his place in F1

Indeed, I am glad someone out there still have faith in Bob. I know I do.

Me too

Thanks for the good read Mike. I think something similar would be Massa story as well. In Aus, gearbox failure with engine change made him go from last to 6th and in Sepang he made a mistake...

Insightful article Mike, thank you. It just goes to show, there's always more than meets the eye. If a journo' is aware of what's happened, the community at large will. Robert will be fine, i'm sure.

Kubeetza is the real deal, and he has had plenty of problems in the first two races. For more details, read the gp2006 spies report for both races, especially Malaysia. In fact that feature deserves to be added to the resource thread.

Kubeetza is the real deal, and he has had plenty of problems in the first two races. For more details, read the gp2006 spies report for both races, especially Malaysia. In fact that feature deserves to be added to the resource thread.

Could you post the link please....

Yeah I'd like to see that too. Also thanks to Mike for the article. Btw I thought that Bob was ahead in Melbourne (in the race) until technical problems anyway.

That's a great article. I was sure Kubica wasn't just lucky last year. He was always fast in testing too. I remeber reading that he was having more difficulty than Heidfeld adapting to the bridgestones, but this article shows it didn't take long. Go Kubica!! :icon2_flag:

Kubica's a great driver and has a lot of potential and promise that he hasn't, for many reasons this season and last, been able to fully show. It's tough when you're not in Hamilton's position of having a car which is joint best in the field with pretty much zero reliability issues...

Kubica's a great driver and has a lot of potential and promise that he hasn't, for many reasons this season and last, been able to fully show. It's tough when you're not in Hamilton's position of having a car which is joint best in the field with pretty much zero reliability issues...

Yeah... I am starting to be fearful for Kubica... I hope he doesn't end up like Kimi, amazing pace, but just unlucky....

Nick's car seems to working for him O.K. :eusa_think:

Yes of course. If a driver you dislike is doing well, say it's all because of the car. There's no skill there, just the car carrying the driver/passenger for a ride. :yawn:

Yes of course. If a driver you dislike is doing well, say it's all because of the car. There's no skill there, just the car carrying the driver/passenger for a ride. :yawn:

Hammy does have skill Mike, but if you put him in Spyker or Kubica's BMW, i doubt he would do this well

Just before the Bahrain GP they showed a bit of footage with him and he looked really impressive.

He was super quick and must've won pretty much everything that he entered.

He seemed to come from very little and to get this far is a greaat achievement in itself.

I don't think we've seen his best yet.

I wonder what the author of the original article had to say about Kubica being beaten again by his team mate, this time by over 30 seconds...

I'm sure every driver has been beaten by 30 seconds by their teammate at somepoint, especially this early in their careers.

Hammy does have skill Mike, but if you put him in Spyker or Kubica's BMW, i doubt he would do this well

Of course not, but as in every driver assessment, you must look at his performance relative to his teammate. Hammy is getting the measure of a two-time WDC; no small feat. I doubt Heidfeld or Albers would pose a problem. Antonia is slagging Hamilton for reasons that don't have anything to do with his proven skill.

poor guy, not only does he have a funny looking head, his car is fuxx0ring him... but not by much it seems. I mean they didn't really make any adjustments on the car in the last week and it was still damn competitive. He'll bounce back np.