Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Bahrain Saturday Practice And Qualifying

Final Qual session over, Final standings are:

1 Massa

2 Hamilton

3 Raikkonen

4 Alonso

5 Heidfeld

6 Kubica

7 Fisichella

8 Webber

9 Trulli

10 Rosberg

--------------------

11 Wurz

12 Kovalainen

13 Davidson

14 R.Schmacher

15 Barrichello

16 Button

-------------------

17 Sato

18 Luizzi

19 Speed

20 Sutil

21 Coulthard

22 Albers

is tv coverage not exactly live then, i know there could be slight delay in timing but with 6 minutes of qualifying left to go this appeared on sky sports website

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...pole+in+Bahrain

confused the hell out of me, it was taken down from the front page shortly after but the link still worked........

It is pretty much live... not 6 minutes for sure...

It's wrong as it says

Britain's McLaren-Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton was second fastest ,while his team-mate world champion Fernando Alonso of Spain will start from third spot on the grid.

They obviously put it up too soon and it hadn't finished.

all a bit bizarre though, they got the front of the grid right and to be honest it kinda annoyed me as i thought they had spoiled any point of me watching the rest of it.......

all a bit bizarre though, they got the front of the grid right and to be honest it kinda annoyed me as i thought they had spoiled any point of me watching the rest of it.......

IIRC that's because that is what it was at the time...

Well,the front 4 is very much carried over from Sepang ..well almost. Hopefully,we won't get to see a repeat of the Sepang blooper. I managed to see the last 90 seconds. Good lap by Massa. Seems Massa & Hamilton are on same load while Kimi & Alonso are on the same but heavier load. We'll find out. Kay Zee,you're right. Webber is a good qualifier. BMW did what was expected of them. But surprise is Fisico. I didn't expect him to be in the top 10. Good qualifying by Rosberg also. Hopefully Williams should be able to meet their target of finishing in the top 10 at Sakhir.

Its still early days but if things continue like this then DC will be out of a job come the end of the season.

Its still early days but if things continue like this then DC will be out of a job come the end of the season.
That reminds me of his team mate! Wonder what was up wit Webber's tyres today! They had a white stripe goin around them & looked like their strips were 10cms thick!

Yeh good point, the pressure is starting to build....

Well,the front 4 is very much carried over from Sepang ..well almost. Hopefully,we won't get to see a repeat of the Sepang blooper. I managed to see the last 90 seconds. Good lap by Massa. Seems Massa & Hamilton are on same load while Kimi & Alonso are on the same but heavier load. We'll find out. Kay Zee,you're right. Webber is a good qualifier. BMW did what was expected of them. But surprise is Fisico. I didn't expect him to be in the top 10. Good qualifying by Rosberg also. Hopefully Williams should be able to meet their target of finishing in the top 10 at Sakhir.

Lewis --> Alonso - 0.257

Mass --> Kimi - 0.479

If Kimi and Alonso are on the same fuel load it means Kimi screwed up badly or ultimately slower then Massa, could have been 2nd.

Lewis --> Alonso - 0.257

Mass --> Kimi - 0.479

If Kimi and Alonso are on the same fuel load it means Kimi screwed up badly or ultimately slower then Massa, could have been 2nd.

You got a point there. Maybe Kimi is on heavier fuel load than Alonso.

A few random observations from Qualy:

1) Again I've seen a couple of heavy brakings from Hammy. Are those natural mistakes from a rookie? Or a sign of his style of driving? (I am asking this without any hidden intention, just wanna know from the more knowledgeable members of the forum)

2) Fisico...Fisico...Fisico... :clap3: Don't forget the Renaults still haven't lost their touch at race start. And that's one of the few things Fifi really shines at. He might even climb up a couple of positions at least during first stint.

3) Kova...still far from impressive. :(

4) BMW are starting to annoy me with their great performances, not to mention the Williams slowly approaching...all those cars with their fancy good drivers and their faster times than the Renault <_< (just kidding, I am glad for Bob&Nick)

5) Good job Webbo! :clap3:

6) Rubinho again in front of Button. In your face, Buttonites! :mf_tongue:

7) I like this starting grid, despite the Renaults being reduced to mere spectators now.

8) Oh yeah, Mc Laren and Ferrari, good for you and yadda yadda. They will get a lot of overpraising from their fans, anyways. <_<

I dont :(

Bah, don't worry! The worse DC's start of season goes, the better will be his comeback!

(not likely)

Bah, don't worry! The worse DC's start of season goes, the better will be his comeback!

(not likely)

My only consolation is it cant get any worse.

Lewis --> Alonso - 0.257

Mass --> Kimi - 0.479

Hamilton said he could've been on pole were it not for a mistake on his final lap... If you take that into consideration then Massa and LH would have the same fuel load; KR and FA the same and heavier than their team mates.

Well I am not one of the most knowledgeable fans, ;) but from the Malaysian Grand Prix it does look like the Mclarens are quicker at the start than the Ferraris. If that is the case then maybe Hamilton can get past massa in the first corner then lead the beginning part of the race. Now that would be nice for Hamilton fans. :D

Good job by Fisichella as well, the car ain't that quick but he's making the most of it by getting himself 7th.

My only consolation is it cant get any worse.

It can, he gets hit out just as he is getting away from his starting grid by Albers cutting across... and he is listed 22nd. :naughty:

It can, he gets hit out just as he is getting away from his starting grid by Albers cutting across... and he is listed 22nd. :naughty:

But thats not going to happen. I remember afew years ago Schumacher started last and he ran into the driver in 20th position when he stalled on the starting grid. But that wont happen to Coulthard either :D

Well I am not one of the most knowledgeable fans, ;) but from the Malaysian Grand Prix it does look like the Mclarens are quicker at the start than the Ferraris. If that is the case then maybe Hamilton can get past massa in the first corner then lead the beginning part of the race. Now that would be nice for Hamilton fans. :D

Good job by Fisichella as well, the car ain't that quick but he's making the most of it by getting himself 7th.

Ferrari have always always always had problems with their starting mechanism, it has never been as good as the best teams. Which doesn't excuse Massa's start last race of course.

Did I mention Fisi was awesome :D

But thats not going to happen. I remember afew years ago Schumacher started last and he ran into the driver in 20th position when he stalled on the starting grid. But that wont happen to Coulthard either :D

It's a possibility so it can get worse. Never say never. :nono1:

(I'd have to chuckle if he didn't make it past the first corner tomorrow now)

Hamilton said he could've been on pole were it not for a mistake on his final lap... If you take that into consideration then Massa and LH would have the same fuel load; KR and FA the same and heavier than their team mates.

Ahhh touche :thbup:

(I'd have to chuckle if he didn't make it past the first corner tomorrow now)

Im going to go on a murderous rampage if he doesnt get past the first corner tomorrow.

Im going to go on a murderous rampage if he doesnt get past the first corner tomorrow.

Bogan natural selection in action.

(sorry, I couldn't resist :blush: )