Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Bahrain Saturday Practice And Qualifying

The last four minutes and loads of cars on track, will be hard to set a lap free from traffic.

Kimi, Heiki, Lewis... and Sato all on good laps.

Does it look like a engine failure :(

Not your text book case, but who knows... I certainly saw smoke a few laps ago, he just lost all drive it seems.

Not your text book case, but who knows... I certainly saw smoke a few laps ago, he just lost all drive it seems.

I hope its not a engine failure as the last thing Coulthard needs is a 10 place penalty. That engine in his car is only 14 laps old so i dont think it is likely to be a engine failure.

The Order:

1. LH

2. KR

3. NH

4. RK

5. AD

6. FM

7. FA

8. MW

9. GF

10. HK

11. NR

12. AW

13. VL

14. JT

15. DC

16. JB

17. TS

18. RB

19. SS

20. RS

21. CA

22. AS

Alonso stays on p7.........meanwhile the entire english press is going bonkers at the circuit press room.....i hear.

So Hamilton goes fastest followed by Kimi and by both the BMW's.........Davidson goes fifth! Yeah.That's right! Fifth! Massa and Alonso finish a lowly sixth and seventh respectively.

I hope its not a engine failure as the last thing Coulthard needs is a 10 place penaulty. That engine in his car is only 14 laps old so i dont think it is likely to be a engine failure.

Fuel pump problems is what is being said.

oh dear just read this thing.......

Unpleasant surprise for McLaren

The McLaren Mercedes mechanics got an unpleasant surprise this morning as they entered their garage box. One of the overhead lighting, that provides lighting, electric wires and air lines for the mechanics has fallen down on Fernando Alonso's car. The MP4-22 only suffered minor damage to the front wing, which was repaired quickly, before the practice session this morning.

Alonso stays on p7.........meanwhile the entire english press is going bonkers at the circuit press room.....i hear.

So Hamilton goes fastest followed by Kimi and by both the BMW's.........Davidson goes fifth! Yeah.That's right! Fifth! Massa and Alonso finish a lowly sixth and seventh respectively.

Lh is just doing great I hope he can keep the same pace the whole season. :clap3:

oh dear just read this thing.......

Unpleasant surprise for McLaren

The McLaren Mercedes mechanics got an unpleasant surprise this morning as they entered their garage box. One of the overhead lighting, that provides lighting, electric wires and air lines for the mechanics has fallen down on Fernando Alonso's car. The MP4-22 only suffered minor damage to the front wing, which was repaired quickly, before the practice session this morning.

I guess that LH did it. :naughty:

Hamilton fastest in practice 3 - Bahrain

Lewis Hamilton beat Kimi Raikkonen by just 0.006 seconds at the end of an extremely competitive final practice session at Sakhir, ahead of Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix.

The last hour of practice before qualifying saw continual changes at the top of the leader board as Ferrari, McLaren and BMW proved closely matched, and Anthony Davidson starred again for Super Aguri.

Raikkonen was the first of the leading drivers to take to the track, lapping in 1:33.480 after 19 minutes.

Massa and Hamilton went second and third shortly afterwards, each setting fastest sector times but not stringing a complete lap together.

Both drivers improved later on their first runs, as Massa went fastest on 1:33.307, while Hamilton improved to second, 0.149 seconds behind the Ferrari.

Raikkonen went off at Turn 13 as he tried to respond, but five minutes later he retook the top spot with a 1:33.231.

The second runs saw more place-swapping, as Massa reclaimed first place, three tenths clear of Raikkonen, moments before Hamilton beat the Brazilian by 0.028 seconds.

But Ferrari and McLaren were then usurped by BMW, as with 12 minutes remaining Nick Heidfeld produced two laps good enough to lead the session, and Robert Kubica moved up to complete a team one-two.

Massa looked set to retake first position until he came across yellow flags for Scott Speed's Toro Rosso, which had parked trackside on the exit of Turn 10. He continued and was about to go quicker still until he ran wide onto the sand at the final corner.

Raikkonen avoided such errors and went fastest with a 1:32.549, but seconds later Hamilton crossed the line with a time six-thousandths faster, which stood as the best of the session.

Behind Hamilton, Raikkonen and the BMWs, Davidson took fifth with a stunning late lap in the Super Aguri, ahead of Massa and Fernando Alonso, who had a low key session and ended the hour seven tenths of a second slower than his teammate.

Mark Webber was eighth for Red Bull despite going off the road at Turn 11, ahead of the two Renaults.

It was an eventful morning for the four Red Bull-owned cars, as in addition to Speed's problem and Webber's error, Vitantonio Liuzzi nearly left the garage with a tyre blanket still attached to his car, and David Coulthard slowed to a crawl on track in the final minutes.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:32.543 12

2. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:32.549 0.006 16

3. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) 1:32.652 0.109 15

4. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:32.755 0.212 15

5. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:32.900 0.357 20

6. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:32.950 0.407 12

7. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:33.235 0.692 11

8. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:33.399 0.856 14

9. Fisichella Renault (B) 1:33.602 1.059 17

10. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:33.605 1.062 21

11. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:33.614 1.071 14

12. Wurz Williams-Toyota (B) 1:33.658 1.115 17

13. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:33.700 1.157 18

14. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:33.724 1.181 22

15. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:33.826 1.283 14

16. Button Honda (B) 1:34.023 1.480 20

17. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:34.082 1.539 21

18. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:34.397 1.854 17

19. Speed Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:34.791 2.248 12

20. R.Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:35.144 2.601 11

21. Albers Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:35.395 2.852 22

22. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:35.436 2.893 18

Awesome session guys(& gal) :clap3:

McLaren, Ferrari, & BMW looking very strong...

Mid field battle continues with Red Bull, Renault, Williams, Toyota, Honda and WTF Super Aguri showing potential..

Looking forward to qualifying.