Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Have Mclaren Backed The Wrong Horse?

Well Mclaren have made it amply clear who their number one is, and Hamilton has had the worst of the strategies throughout the season. Today, Mclaren's strategy of trying to put him up front to try and hold up the Ferraris backfired, and it probably cost Lewis a chance of challenging for the win. His long middle stint cost him massively. I think Lewis has more than proved he deserves a fair shot.

PS: Mclaren said after the first race that the driver who qualifies ahead gets to choose strategy, I wonder how they explain today then.

Well Mclaren have made it amply clear who their number one is, and Hamilton has had the worst of the strategies throughout the season. Today, Mclaren's strategy of trying to put him up front to try and hold up the Ferraris backfired, and it probably cost Lewis a chance of challenging for the win. His long middle stint cost him massively. I think Lewis has more than proved he deserves a fair shot.

PS: Mclaren said after the first race that the driver who qualifies ahead gets to choose strategy, I wonder how they explain today then.

I don't think their strategy would have been any different for Alonso. Hamilton was quick during the first stint, suffered in the second and was back to pace after his 2nd pitstop. Theres not much McLaren could have done. Had they fueled up Hamilton like they did with Alonso, he would have suffered in the first part of the race and lost touch with Massa.

Either way, I think they did well to get him up to 2nd. 2nd place was Ferrari's to lose. McLaren made the most of it.

Yes they have been backing the wrong horse, I've been telling that this is something that can change in just one race and day by day more people I getting to the same conclusion, he deserves a fear shot like you said.

He is getting a fair shot. Regardless of what some hard headed ferrari fans are saying (predictable that its them of all people who make the accusation), there are no team orders

hamilton is a c#ck. I hate him and hope he crashes, breaks both his legs and never races again!

That isnt too harsh is it?

hamilton is a c#ck. I hate him and hope he crashes, breaks both his legs and never races again!

That isnt too harsh is it?

Its not harsh, its called jealousy

"Hamilton might have got close enough to Massa to challenge for the win at the end if McLaren had given him less fuel at the first stop.

But it only became clear that long middle stints were not the way to go once some people experienced it; it wasn

Drivers have to start the third Quali session with race fuels, So the race strategy is decided before Qualification. So if the team has to opt for the better strategy for either one of the drivers they have to do it before qualifications. With the current regulations, there can only be one optimal strategy per team and they have to hand it to one driver. How they do it is upto each team

Sooooo...suddenly the Ferrari fanbois are so

There is always an excuse when Raikkonen loses, nobody can accept that he can be beaten fairly. And yes, it doesn't surprise me to see these children scorning Alonso, despite the fact Raikkonen himself also had a decidedly average race. I do not see any evidence of McLaren team orders, Lewis was on a far better stratergy today, and that would not have happened if the team where favouring Alonso. Mind you Ferrari and their fans have always been good at pointting the finger at others with regards to issues they perpetrate themselves.

[sarcasm]And its not like Raikkonen could ever have a bad race, it has to be someone/something else's fault[/sarcasm]

In all fairness, both Alonso and Kimi were overshadowed by their teammates, this race. And in all fairness, none of them is an inch closer to being a worse driver for that. If talent is only measured by ending positions in ONE BLOODY RACE!!

I agree, Andres. Excluding Nick, the top 5 drivers were the best in the world today...... (in reverse).

In all fairness, both Alonso and Kimi were overshadowed by their teammates, this race. And in all fairness, none of them is an inch closer to being a worse driver for that. If talent is only measured by ending positions in ONE BLOODY RACE!!

You obviously don't read the kind of things that raikkonen_dominates2 and dark_rider_13 say then :P

Its not harsh, its called jealousy

No I think you'll find it's called pure hatred!

I cant remember off hand, but has Kimi overtaken anybody so far this year? (on track I mean)

I can't remember off hand, but has Hamilton overtaken anyone this year that doesn't include a backmarker or at the start?! My god I wish he would crash and break his legs and never be able to race in F1 again! What happiness that would bring me!

1) Still the class of the field, but to be honest I thought he went defensive too early when Nick was behind him, though it was still a great move by Nick and he had to have complete trust in Alonso & vice versa.

2) Possibly, Andres, but I didn't see any real bad lockups - whenever they showed replays, the wheel was still half turning, if you know what I mean :D And, more importantly I think, if he did flat spot his tyre at all, he didn't let it affect him.

3) Agreed - he can be quick, but he has to be able to turn a bad situation his way, as you say.

4) I have to be honest, I thought Kimi was a tad quiet today, not dire, but he's had better races. I thought he might have a bit more of an attempt at overtaking Alonso, although they were both quite good in the first lap.

No mention of Nick? I thought he was quite impressive today, especially considering where Kubica was.

To be honest, Shane, I have not seen anybody saying such things about Kimi so far, so at least give them the chance to spew forth such rubbish before criticising them! :lol:

I din't mention Nick because he is not so controversial. I chose him, however, as the driver of the day in the other thread :D

1) Like

You obviously don't read the kind of things that raikkonen_dominates2 and dark_rider_13 say then :P

Well, I have not heard anyone give excuses so far about his performance, but I have been avoiding certain topics! :lol:

You have to remember that here are always people at the ends of the spectrum with regards to defending their driver, especially it seems for Alonso & Kimi fans, before that Schumacher fans, that's the way it is - take it with a pinch of salt! :D

I can't remember off hand, but has Hamilton overtaken anyone this year that doesn't include a backmarker or at the start?! My god I wish he would crash and break his legs and never be able to race in F1 again! What happiness that would bring me!

In case you were wondering, I wasnt making a stab at Kimi. It was a genuine question.

And I think its not very nice to hope that anyone should crash and break his legs, the Hondas would only finish 16th and 17th instead of 17th and 18th!

Is this hatred for Lewis because he has well and truly stolen the thunder from Jenson?

I seem to remember the same hype bulls##t around him.

The only difference is that while I hate the hype also, Lewis actually merits it.

I din't mention Nick because he is not so controversial. I chose him, however, as the driver of the day in the other thread :D

1) Like

In case you were wondering, I wasnt making a stab at Kimi. It was a genuine question.

And I think its not very nice to hope that anyone should crash and break his legs, the Hondas would only finish 16th and 17th instead of 17th and 18th!

Is this hatred for Lewis because he has well and truly stolen the thunder from Jenson?

I seem to remember the same hype bulls##t around him.

The only difference is that while I hate the hype also, Lewis actually merits it.

Well sort of - he overtook Alonso on the first lap, only to be overtaken again - does that count?

Probably more the media hype we have to endure! :lol: