Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hamilton On Michael Schumacher

========http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070415160612.shtml========

Lewis Hamilton does not hesitate for long when he is asked to nominate someone who inspired him.

The McLaren rookie said seven time world champion Michael Schumacher 'always gave 100 per cent.'

"I met Michael last year," Hamilton told the newspaper Bild am Sonntag in Bahrain, "and he said something to me that I will never forget.

"I was walking in the paddock in Turkey and he stopped me and said, 'Fantastic race. What you did today was outstanding'."

Schumacher, now 38 and still an 'advisor' for the Ferrari team, was referring to Hamilton's inspirational drive through the field in GP2.

Asked if the German is still a role model, Hamilton answered: "Absolutely.

And not just as a driver."

"He didn't have to say that to me. Other drivers achieved far less than he did but are much more arrogant.

"His ambition and dedication impressed me; before his last ever race he was still testing. He always gave 100 per cent, right up to the last second."

========http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070415160612.shtml========

Lewis Hamilton does not hesitate for long when he is asked to nominate someone who inspired him.

The McLaren rookie said seven time world champion Michael Schumacher 'always gave 100 per cent.'

"I met Michael last year," Hamilton told the newspaper Bild am Sonntag in Bahrain, "and he said something to me that I will never forget.

"I was walking in the paddock in Turkey and he stopped me and said, 'Fantastic race. What you did today was outstanding'."

Schumacher, now 38 and still an 'advisor' for the Ferrari team, was referring to Hamilton's inspirational drive through the field in GP2.

Asked if the German is still a role model, Hamilton answered: "Absolutely.

And not just as a driver."

"He didn't have to say that to me. Other drivers achieved far less than he did but are much more arrogant.

"His ambition and dedication impressed me; before his last ever race he was still testing. He always gave 100 per cent, right up to the last second."

Nothing more to say about it, now I know why LH is so good

Nothing much to add ... but i feel arrogence might come to him after he wins a few races, i just hope not, he seems like a nice guy....

Nothing much to add ... but i feel arrogence might come to him after he wins a few races, i just hope not, he seems like a nice guy....

The fact he is inspired by schumi doesn't mean hes gonna start acting like him :P

The more I watch Hamilton the more I think we're seeing someone who will be one of the all-time greats. It almost reminds me of when Alesi first started. Let's hope Lewis makes better choices!

Hamilton is a very good driver, but ITV need to learn there are 21 other drivers in the field during a race, not just Hamilton.

The fact he is inspired by schumi doesn't mean hes gonna start acting like him :P

He is acting like him already he is getting great result from the beggining.

I was referring to the bit about arrogance actually :P something schumi had in abundance

Hamilton is a driver with a lot of potential, and he chose the right role model. I never was michael schumacher's biggest fan, but I got to say that guy is the best ever formula one driver. So hamilton chose the right role model.

I was referring to the bit about arrogance actually :P something schumi had in abundance

Hamilton just said, that schumi has less arrogence than most people who had achieved less than him.... So hammy can't see the arrogence but you can??

Yep. Nice story from Lewis, and I agree with his assessment of Schumi as an inspiration for everyone, as someone with remarkable dedication and professionalism in his chosen craft.

I wonder whether Hamilton nurses a secret ambition to drive for Ferrari in the future. It certainly won't harm him to be in Schumi's good books! On second thoughts,I'm being too cynical. It's just pure ,unadulterated admiration without any ulterior motive.

I wonder whether Hamilton nurses a secret ambition to drive for Ferrari in the future. It certainly won't harm him to be in Schumi's good books! On second thoughts,I'm being too cynical. It's just pure ,unadulterated admiration without any ulterior motive.

i m hoping a big fight in Mclaren and Hamilton ends up in ferrari next season in place of massa :naughty::blush:

Hoping that he doesn't go to Ferrari. After everything McLaren have done for his career he would be nothing more than a cheap sellout if he did that, not to mention that driving for Ferrari would make it impossible for me to cheer for him.

Hoping that he doesn't go to Ferrari. After everything McLaren have done for his career he would be nothing more than a cheap sellout if he did that, not to mention that driving for Ferrari would make it impossible for me to cheer for him.

Yeah,you've a point there. He'd appear to be a gold-digger were he to do that. Perhaps he can emulate Michael at McLaren.

Breaking those records will not be easy for anyone IMO

Emulating in terms of records is indeed difficult. But emulating the Ferrari-Schumi relationship is more do-able.

Possibly, but I think (unlike schumi) Lewis would have to earn his status as team #1 so it requires him to put a lot of work in. He does however have a positive attitude, and he can only get better

Possibly, but I think (unlike schumi) Lewis would have to earn his status as team #1 so it requires him to put a lot of work in. He does however have a positive attitude, and he can only get better

Schumi more than earned his right as team leader.

its an interesting situation (or at least it will be if it ever comes up), can Lewis really ever switch teams by his own choice, after all that Ron has done for him? History shows that driver-team relationships start rosy but often end in tension & dispute. Does anyone know how long Lewis's contract is?

The new points system, and having more races, makes it easier to accumulate great stats. Even so, you're right it will take bloody ages to beat Schuey's records. Alonso looks like the only current driver who could do that