Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Hamilton On Michael Schumacher

He can when his contract ends, I don't know how long it lasts but I think a lot will depend on what he achieves with McLaren

The fact he is inspired by schumi doesn't mean hes gonna start acting like him :P

Indeed.

Seriously, Hammy grew up with Michael and Ferrari at the top of the sport so I would expect no less from him than this admiration. Slightly older drivers will admire Prost or Senna. Older still, JYS and Mario Andretti. It's generational, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

I was referring to the bit about arrogance actually :P something schumi had in abundance

That's your opinion. I thought you craved fact. Michael's perceived arrogance was precisely that. Anyone who has read about the man knows differently. Maybe you should do the same.

Possibly, but I think (unlike schumi) Lewis would have to earn his status as team #1 so it requires him to put a lot of work in. He does however have a positive attitude, and he can only get better

Once again, a little dig. Michael did earn his status. He comprehensively crushed his team mates who had equal treatment at beginning of each year, but then you know that and i have written this a hundred times before. Time for you to get that book out again.

Hoping that he doesn't go to Ferrari. After everything McLaren have done for his career he would be nothing more than a cheap sellout if he did that, not to mention that driving for Ferrari would make it impossible for me to cheer for him.

Well Flavio built Alonso carrer....

Hoping that he doesn't go to Ferrari. After everything McLaren have done for his career he would be nothing more than a cheap sellout if he did that, not to mention that driving for Ferrari would make it impossible for me to cheer for him.

Briatore got Alonso the drive at Minardi and then took him to Renault. He broke the record by being the youngest GP winner at Renault. He became the youngest World Drivers Champion at Renault. Alonso became who he is now at Renault. But who is he driving for now, McLaren. Does that make Alonso cheap and a sellout?

Indeed.

Seriously, Hammy grew up with Michael and Ferrari at the top of the sport so I would expect no less from him than this admiration. Slightly older drivers will admire Prost or Senna. Older still, JYS and Mario Andretti. It's generational, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

This is of course a possibility although i rather suspect that Lewis has a greater respect for Michael's work ethic and team dynamic approach rather than his actual achievements.

This is of course a possibility although i rather suspect that Lewis has a greater respect for Michael's work ethic and team dynamic approach rather than his actual achievements.

That too :D

Like or hate Michael, he was the model of professionalism, and thats a good target for Lewis to aim for.