Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marina

2004 season's surprise

:)

According to JarnoTrulli , they will be the big surprise for 2004. He believes the team has taken significant steps as far as chassis,engine,good tyres and many kms.

Can this be true?

I think we really just have to wait and see. Everyone, including me, is making big statements about who will or will not perform in 2004 – I have personally spent the last two weeks berating Takuma Sato. I think we really just have to watch the new season then make comments, although one can still make comments on past seasons and past events its difficult to gauge performance for 2004 from testing. For example, from testing the new BAR looks like it could give Jenson a title, in reality I think this is very difficult to accomplish. Even Sato is topping timesheets and beat Montoya by 0.9 of a second on day 5 of Jerez (wet Michelin test). But are these times real – this is why pre-season testing is always special, as we simply cannot tell who will perform in the coming season!

It will be interesting to see who has made the biggest improvement when it comes to Melbourne, as it is tempting to come to some conclusions with the testing times and the comments that have been made!

B.A.R are very strong! they will almost join the top4!

sauber will be fighting with toyota for best of the rest.

Melbourne Melbourne Melbourne B A R the best by far :wink: :wink: :wink:

surprise of 2004: bar lives up to the hype!

i personally won't be surprised tho..

Surprise of the year #1 . BAR actually lives up to its promises

#2 Jenson Button actually gives the big boys a run for their money

#3 Sato does stack all year!!

#4 DC finsihes the season on more points than Kimi

#5 Ralf backs down and stays at Williams ($13M pounds a yr, for an incoinsistent chap living in his brother's shadow, pleaaase!!)

:wink: :wink:

when do I get upgraded from a test driver??

after 50 then u becom a rookie then at 100 u became a eastblasted driver than at 300 u becom a vetrain then at 1000 (i think) u becom a F1 ace

I hope BAR do fulfill their promises this year, but in past years they never have done, so I won't be keeping my hopes up.

after 50 then u becom a rookie then at 100 u became a eastblasted driver than at 300 u becom a vetrain then at 1000 (i think) u becom a F1 ace

Webber, after 50 what!!.... posts,words,letters to the editor?? he he

I think, If Ford give Jordan a decent engine this year, they will suprise alot of people, even now look at the milage they have done with the new car in testing, must have got more milage under the cars than they did the whole of last season. Things are looking up for Jordan, and they will surprise a lot of people

RWD, are you serious?

Heidfeld is not really "quick nick", Jordan are struggling, I mean they couldnt even name a driver until last week, how much will he really know the car come Melbourne time/

I think they will have the same engine as Jag for about the first two races then with updates Jag should pull away from them at a great rate

I think, If Ford give Jordan a decent engine this year, they will suprise alot of people, even now look at the milage they have done with the new car in testing, must have got more milage under the cars than they did the whole of last season. Things are looking up for Jordan, and they will surprise a lot of people

i hope you're right, and ej's pulls out of the mangement slump he's been in for the last 2 years. they were a team to really get excited about, but now?......

as for teh driver pairing, i have no idea what pantano will be like. i just saw one test time report, and he was 2 secs slower than nick. but hey, it's his first week. i'm sure jos would have jumped straight in and matched quick nick tho.. you really gotta wonder about this ej fellow and the decisions he makes these days.

Actually I think (from memory, it was a long time ago) an F1 Ace was some strange number like 800.

RWD, are you serious?

Heidfeld is not really "quick nick", Jordan are struggling, I mean they couldnt even name a driver until last week, how much will he really know the car come Melbourne time/

I think they will have the same engine as Jag for about the first two races then with updates Jag should pull away from them at a great rate

I only ever write what I mean, so yes I am serious.

Jag wont pull away, they have as poorer state of technical ability than Jordan, and Jag ARE strugling, the only decent thing about Jag is Webber, and he will jump ship for 2005, as for the engines, whether they have the same as Jag or not, it wont take away from the fact, Ford produce rubbish engines, However, Jordan should beat Jag this year(yes I am being serious!)

Jag wont pull away, they have as poorer state of technical ability than Jordan, and Jag ARE strugling, the only decent thing about Jag is Webber, and he will jump ship for 2005, as for the engines, whether they have the same as Jag or not, it wont take away from the fact, Ford produce rubbish engines, However, Jordan should beat Jag this year(yes I am being serious!)

i don't think cosworth have a history of producing rubbish engines. :roll:

or do you mean since they joined ford's pi research?

last year maybe it wasn't up to scratch, but even as recently as when ervine was driving, the cossie was up there in terms of power. remember his podium at monza?

Webber, after 50 what!!.... posts,words,letters to the editor?? he he

50 posts- rookie

100 posts- established

300 posts- veteran

and 800 posts- F1 ace

RWD, are you serious?

what your so rong jag gets money off ford and jordan gives money to ford. and jordan are in the s##t more than jag is. jags buget is about $180m and jordans is about $80m, now thats a big gap. and to be honest jag has to good things 1 is webber and 2 is Ford

RWD, are you serious?

Jag have already got a newer speck engine that Jordan so the gap between them is already growing.I think a few people are going to be suprised just how quick Jag are going to be this year.This is the first week they have pushed it in testing after sorting out all there problems.And you only have to look at there times this week to see they are quick.You don't see them shouting there mouths off saying"were gonna win,were gonna win" like B.A.R. TIME WILL TELL IN 2 WEEKS WHEN THE bulls##t STOPS.

Webber is not the only good thing at Jaguar Racing there are 330 other people just as good at there game.

Your forum titles make no difference, they will change at some amount of posts.. :P

Anyway, it is impossible to tell the situation of teams further down the grid. Now that we are a mere fortnight away, I am merely going to wait and see :)