Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Hamilton For President, The Nobel Prize & Un Leader

Oh, and to add to the intent of this thread, Hamilton recently met Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris cried.

I can believe it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

McLaren: Hamilton can be the greatest

By Alan Baldwin Wednesday, April 18th 2007, 08:42 GMT

British rookie Lewis Hamilton could become the greatest driver Formula One has ever seen, according to McLaren chief executive Martin Whitmarsh.

"Why not?," he told Wednesday's Guardian newspaper, after the Briton's third podium finish in three races at the weekend. "It's obviously too early to analyse but if the trend continues there is no reason why he could not be the greatest driver ever."

Whitmarsh, who has worked at McLaren with the likes of Brazilian Ayrton Senna and France's quadruple champion Alain Prost, said he had "a pretty clear picture of what gives the top guys that crucial edge over the simply good or average drivers.

"And I think it is pretty clear that Lewis ticks all the necessary boxes."

Hamilton, 22, came second and beat his double world champion teammate Fernando Alonso in Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix after finishing runner-up to the Spaniard the previous weekend in Malaysia. He had been third in the Australian season opener.

His phenomenal start to the season, admittedly in one of the best cars on the starting grid, made him the first Formula One driver in the 57-year history of the world championship to finish his first three races on the podium.

It also left him, with Alonso and Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen, in a three-way tie at the top of the championship with 22 points.

Formula One greats Jackie Stewart and Stirling Moss acclaimed the youngster's performance and attitude after Melbourne and the accolades have continued to flow in as Hamilton surpasses all expectations.

"Within the next three years, Lewis Hamilton will certainly be in contention and could easily win the world championship," Stewart told the Sun newspaper.

"It's not inconceivable it could be done this year...he's been able to accomplish more in a shorter time than any driver I've ever seen."

Team boss Frank Williams, whose cars took Hamilton's compatriots Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell to the world title, joined the chorus of admiration after the weekend.

"I thought after we got rid of Michael (Schumacher), now we've got a chance again," he said. "But then another superhuman turns up.

"Michael was many things, but he was also a very, very simple human. Hamilton is a different character I think, but purely in terms of calibre or quality of skill, what I'm seeing so early in this man's career is remarkable."

Hamilton entered Formula One after winning last year's GP2 title and has been nurtured carefully by McLaren for the past decade.

He has made no mistakes so far, although team bosses admit errors are inevitable in one so young and inexperienced.

"I think he's at the point where he's got enough brownie points in his pocket to afford to lose some without getting heavy criticism," team boss Ron Dennis told reporters in Bahrain at the weekend.

"We've tried to keep the pedestal low, because inevitably he will fall, or step off it," he continued. "That's the time, because inevitably they all make mistakes, when he will get some criticism.

"But for the moment he can't do anything wrong, can he?"

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=202704

Jem, I have stated numerous times my main reason for hating his guts. If anything it's mostly down to the media... But I get so p**sed off with the hype because like i have said in a couple of other threads, he is doing well because he is in a mcalren thats massively competative, he has been trained by mclaren since he was a mere kid and the fact against the likes of Alonso, Heidfeld, Button and Raikonnen, he is older thus also a more experienced rookie than they were. Oh and the fact he has been testing on and off for Mclaren for the past year or so! Course he's going to do well. I don't dipute the fact he's a fine racer, but what I don't like is his media attention. I started following F1 years ago and noticed Button in the testing he did for Williams and became a fan of his then, before the 2000 season when he was relatively unknown. So the media hype with him has never really bothered me cos I look past it and ignore it most of the time. Plus it was never as bad as it is with Hamilton and because I have only watched him with all the hype it's putting me off a hell of a lot. Plus no doubt he will soon become a big headed prick who's arrogant and a s##t to talk too. Button to me has always remained very casual, laid back and always seems to appear to be highly friendly! I havn't really noticed that with Hamilton who to me is just a robot and has no personality or flair.

Is that a good enough explanation for you!

Jem, I have stated numerous times my main reason for hating his guts. If anything it's mostly down to the media... But I get so p**sed off with the hype because like i have said in a couple of other threads, he is doing well because he is in a mcalren thats massively competative, he has been trained by mclaren since he was a mere kid and the fact against the likes of Alonso, Heidfeld, Button and Raikonnen, he is older thus also a more experienced rookie than they were. Oh and the fact he has been testing on and off for Mclaren for the past year or so! Course he's going to do well. I don't dipute the fact he's a fine racer, but what I don't like is his media attention. I started following F1 years ago and noticed Button in the testing he did for Williams and became a fan of his then, before the 2000 season when he was relatively unknown. So the media hype with him has never really bothered me cos I look past it and ignore it most of the time. Plus it was never as bad as it is with Hamilton and because I have only watched him with all the hype it's putting me off a hell of a lot. Plus no doubt he will soon become a big headed prick who's arrogant and a s##t to talk too. Button to me has always remained very casual, laid back and always seems to appear to be highly friendly! I havn't really noticed that with Hamilton who to me is just a robot and has no personality or flair.

maybe you need to read up dribbler's excellent view on the media-hype, makes a whole lot of sense.

not really, no! you hate him because of all the hype, something Lewis himself cant control. You're also only guessing that 1 day he might become arrogant & big-headed, who knows what will happen but at the moment his attitude couldnt be better, he's down to earth, humble, seems like a nice friendly guy, he's honest, his responses are human not robotic, he's just a likeable fellow.

You said earlier he's a **** - if its the hype that you hate, then why does that make Hamilton a ****? Look past the hype like the rest of us do - the boy has a great attitude and incredible on-track performances, there's no shame in joining the crowd. Jenson is still my fave driver by far, but I do like Hamilton

not really, no! you hate him because of all the hype, something Lewis himself cant control. You're also only guessing that 1 day he might become arrogant & big-headed, who knows what will happen but at the moment his attitude couldnt be better, he's down to earth, humble, seems like a nice friendly guy, he's honest, his responses are human not robotic, he's just a likeable fellow.

You said earlier he's a **** - if its the hype that you hate, then why does that make Hamilton a ****? Look past the hype like the rest of us do - the boy has a great attitude and incredible on-track performances, there's no shame in joining the crowd. Jenson is still my fave driver by far, but I do like Hamilton

I dont know why you bother mate - The reasons for his hate are nothing to do with the hype. If anything, I would have been surprised if he had taken to Hamilton given his well known views.

I wont bother going it to it, most on this forum are fully aware.

I dont know why you bother mate - The reasons for his hate are nothing to do with the hype. If anything, I would have been surprised if he had taken to Hamilton given his well known views.

I wont bother going it to it, most on this forum are fully aware.

Uncalled for.

In do believe thats pretty much what I said in my initial post, but the British press are a good laugh though.

I take it you don't get ITV commentary?

I have no idea which commentary we get. I never listen to the commentary or rather more accurately, I am incapable of deciphering the commentary.

I have no idea which commentary we get. I never listen to the commentary or rather more accurately, I am incapable of deciphering the commentary.

:eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

Uncalled for.

As a person living in a country where there is no LH hype, I find that the anti-LH hype hype is more irritating, as I have read perhaps one or two articles praising him against a dozen thousand posts criticizing the hype about him. Of course, I can understand tha many of you are saturated with LH over-praising, but posting again&again&again how much you hate that is just becoming part of the game. Just ignore it and enjoy his great drivings, is worth it.

I ignore all the Liuzzi hype, for example, and it let's me admire in a totally objective way his outstanding skills :D

As a person living in a country where there is no LH hype, I find that the anti-LH hype hype is more irritating, as I have read perhaps one or two articles praising him against a dozen thousand posts criticizing the hype about him. Of course, I can understand tha many of you are saturated with LH over-praising, but posting again&again&again how much you hate that is just becoming part of the game. Just ignore it and enjoy his great drivings, is worth it.

I ignore all the Liuzzi hype, for example, and it let's me admire in a totally objective way his outstanding skills :D

Actually, I'm getting fed up of a certain bald avenger's reasonable posts all the time - very irritating! Be unreasonable sometimes, damn you!! :lol:

Actually, I'm getting fed up of a certain bald avenger's reasonable posts all the time - very irritating! Be unreasonable sometimes, damn you!! :lol:

I too feel like killing people who are unflappable. It's illegal for them to remain calm while I am hyperventilating.

I too feel like killing people who are unflappable. It's illegal for them to remain calm while I am hyperventilating.

:lol: Thank you both. I did not think the post was nothing special, and I am aware that my view must differ greatly from you because LH must have much more impact there than here. If LH was Argentinian we would already have a cult around him and he would be called the boy-god or something similar...wait... :eusa_think:

:lol: Thank you both. I did not think the post was nothing special, and I am aware that my view must differ greatly from you because LH must have much more impact there than here. If LH was Argentinian we would already have a cult around him and he would be called the boy-god or something similar...wait... :eusa_think:

Wasn't just this post, Andres, just generally - I much preferred it when you were vehemently Renault/Alonso biased!! :lol:

Wasn't just this post, Andres, just generally - I much preferred it when you were vehemently Renault/Alonso biased!! :lol:

Oh I am still a "Renault or bust" guy. And I still consider Alonso to be on a league of his own. But with Alonso departure from Renault, the dismal starting of season for us plus the absence of Schumi I have to work harder to find subjects of controversy...if only Kimi or Massa would park their cars on track during qualy! :lol:

Oh I am still a "Renault or bust" guy. And I still consider Alonso to be on a league of his own. But with Alonso departure from Renault, the dismal starting of season for us plus the absence of Schumi I have to work harder to find subjects of controversy...if only Kimi or Massa would park their cars on track during qualy! :lol:

I thought Renault had, they were so slow!

Sorry, just trying to create a bit of controversy for you! :lol:

:lol: Yeah he is the most reasonable and sensible member of the forum!

:blush:

Great, now that I earned your respect I will start posting what I REALLY think:

1) Alonso is a cheater and he would not be able to keep a tranway on its tracks.

2) Kimi is a sober, talkative nice guy, even if he panics when the speedometer rises over 40mph

3) LH should be driving for Spyker, and Albers would put him to shame.

4) I think Toro Rosso is the best prospect for a WCC this season.

5) Ykick is right in everything he says about DC

6) All your base are belong to us.

There! I said it!

:blush:

Great, now that I earned your respect I will start posting what I REALLY think:

1) Alonso is a cheater and he would not be able to keep a tranway on its tracks.

2) Kimi is a sober, talkative nice guy, even if he panics when the speedometer rises over 40mph

3) LH should be driving for Spyker, and Albers would put him to shame.

4) I think Toro Rosso is the best prospect for a WCC this season.

5) Ykick is right in everything he says about DC

6) All your base are belong to us.

There! I said it!

Ok, but let me know when you're going to post something controversial.

:lol: I heard he s##ts himself at the thought of doing more than 40mph. Poor guy...

Uncalled for.

Indeed it was!

Why am I a rascist then Fed-Up? Because I dislike a driver who just happens to be black I suppose. As if his colour has anything to do with it. If I was racist then why do I worship the ground Beyonce walks on, who too happens to be black. If I was a racist then why the **** did I defend Iran in the whole sailors issue a week ago! Why am I spending 4 weeks and soon 4 months in the UAE, a MUSLIM country where I find the people to be far more welcoming than the Brits in the UK!

Answer that you ****ing ****! How dare you accuse me of being a rascist person when clearly I'm not!

What an absolute c#ck!

I can't believe your taste in music is so bad because your view on this is excellent.

If the hype calms down and Lewis develops a personality I might just begin to like him! Until then he is my most hated driver on the grid. Can't believe i was cheering Massa on in Bahrain, thats how bad it is!

Gold!!

If the hype calms down and Lewis develops a personality I might just begin to like him! Until then he is my most hated driver on the grid. Can't believe i was cheering Massa on in Bahrain, thats how bad it is!

You're no racist and that's clear as crystal. What you are, however, is young and rebellious. You don't want to join the crowd; you'd rather take the opposite stance to not 'blend in'....perfectly fine in my view, you rascally heathen!

You're no racist and that's clear as crystal. What you are, however, is young and rebellious. You don't want to join the crowd; you'd rather take the opposite stance to not 'blend in'....perfectly fine in my view, you rascally heathen!

No one truly knows what its like to stand alone until you become a David Coulthard fan :D