Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fabrik

Ferrari Gets Into Tech

Hey guys, don't know if anyone else saw this, but there's a new hard drive out on the market, designed by the Ferrari design house. Would you consider buying one? What do you think of it? I really like the red one, but the black is nice too.

http://myfabrik.com/presskit/public/media

Thoughts?

I think you are a spammer publicizing your own product. That would suck.

The hard drive sucks, too.

So does Ferrari.

Just my thoughts.

I think you are a spammer publicizing your own product. That would suck.

The hard drive sucks, too.

So does Ferrari.

Just my thoughts.

Renault and its drivers sucks and you know it !!!

Anyways your right it is SPAM... :poster_spam:

Hey everyone,

I do work for Fabrik, and I'm just trying to ask people what they think of the product, I'm not spamming. I want to know if you like it, or if you don't and why. It was designed by the Ferrari designer, which we're really proud of, and we want to connect with car enthusiasts to find out what they think of the design - that's why the company made the product.

We're just trying to make a cool product that's different from all the other boxy designs you see out there.

Your website isn't opera compatible, that is not good, I get fed up of visiting sites designed for IE.

As for the product, I don't think the design is bad, but the Hard disk market is a very competitive one, and you would really need to offer something either cutting edge or very cheap to make a breakthrough.

As a Ferrari hater, I would never buy one, but I don't think the concept is bad. However it would probably be helpful if you provided a little more technical specification and general info and pricing for the products.

An example of what I would like to know as a buyer is:

Capacity, Rotation Speed, Average Seek Time, Interface (IDE, Sata, USB)

Your website isn't opera compatible, that is not good, I get fed up of visiting sites designed for IE.

As for the product, I don't think the design is bad, but the Hard disk market is a very competitive one, and you would really need to offer something either cutting edge or very cheap to make a breakthrough.

As a Ferrari hater, I would never buy one, but I don't think the concept is bad. However it would probably be helpful if you provided a little more technical specification and general info and pricing for the products.

Shane get over it, Opera is used by less than 5%(i would say 1% but i am not sure) of the internet population, most websites will not be fully capable for them....

That remids me...the other day my computer had a catastrophic crash and my Firefox got messed up in the middle of an update, so I decided to uninstall it and give Opera a try. After a week I still couldn't get used to it so I switched back to FF :(

I still rate Opera way above IE, that goes without saying and it didn't crash. I am just too accustomed to the way FF works.

Don't feel bad. That website is no party in Firefox either.

Shane get over it, Opera is used by less than 5%(i would say 1% but i am not sure) of the internet population, most websites will not be fully capable for them....

Opera is built around the W3C so that statement is total B$. If people stopped designing things around Microsoft's crappy web standards, and designed them around the W3C, Firefox and Opera will start coming into their own.

Its probably a good job you don't own a business because that kind of attitude loses customers.

Opera is built around the W3C so that statement is total B$. If people stopped designing things around Microsoft's crappy web standards, and designed them around the W3C, Firefox and Opera will start coming into their own.

Its probably a good job you don't own a business because that kind of attitude loses customers.

Shane & Rumblestrip- thanks for the feedback about the site. I'm sending a note to our engineers. Even if we can't fix it, it's good for them to know that it's a problem. Hopefully they'll make that a priority down the road.

One of the really cool things we offer is 2GB of free online storage through our Web site myfabrik.com. We have a lot of cool features we're developing, and our next line of drives will be pretty awesome. I didn't want to post the specs in the initial post since I wasn't sure if ppl were interested. If you want to see them, go here: http://myfabrik.com/presskit/public/media

Anyone have other thoughts about the drive? I think they look much sleeker in real life than in the photo, which is my frustration.

Does it really?? Well then, Most gaming companies must be making massive losses as they only focus on the pc and leave the macs and the linux alone... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Does it really?? Well then, Most gaming companies must be making massive losses as they only focus on the pc and leave the macs and the linux alone... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is because Linux has no support for D3D...

That is because Linux has no support for D3D...

And Macs??? But the fact still holds no producer, who wants to be profitable, would produce accessories/games for products who have a small market share...

Macs have no support for D3D either.

The difference is, that they could still be potentially losing customers, as there are Windows users who use Opera.

Macs have no support for D3D either.

The difference is, that they could still be potentially losing customers, as there are Windows users who use Opera.

See i am not saying there aren't any windows users with opera but the number is small and according to percentage of users very less, so a website owner would trather work on advertising the site rather than improving it so opera users can see it... as all opera users have another brower, be it IE or FF...

But do you still think it is a bad buisness staregy not to spend money to support the minority market share??

Linux runs on a PC. By Microsoft, Shane meant IE, not Windows.

IE is famous for being non standards compliant. Both Opera and FF do a far better job. On my personal site, I have a load of "hacks" to work around IE bugs. It's a pain.

On my work site we're starting to see FF creep up into the double digit percentages. Like getting close to 20. I don't think any business can afford to ignore 20% of their potential customers, just by virtue of being too lazy to properly build their website.

Rumblestrip has it in one.

You are looking at it in the wrong way, the thing I am trying to say is why code your websites for 1 segment of the market, when you can code it for all 3. W3C code standards are perfectly adequate to make working pages, people do not need to code around IE any more

Linux runs on a PC. By Microsoft, Shane meant IE, not Windows.

IE is famous for being non standards compliant. Both Opera and FF do a far better job. On my personal site, I have a load of "hacks" to work around IE bugs. It's a pain.

On my work site we're starting to see FF creep up into the double digit percentages. Like getting close to 20. I don't think any business can afford to ignore 20% of their potential customers, just by virtue of being too lazy to properly build their website.

I was never argueing about not making code for FF, As FF has a decently big market share, but Opera has virtually non existent, so a bus would not conisder it importent to make stuff working on Opera/netscape navigator, but once it works on FF and IE they would move on to Advertising...

And btw i was arguing with shane about the fact that he said a buisness would lose a lot of money if it doesn't look at the minority market segment of the market, thus i brought out the example of gaming on computers...

From my personal perspective the Opera/FF market is superior to the gaming market when compared with IE - Ive read all the quotes saying its only 5% of the world etc however I feel that figure is greatly underestimated.

Im sure Microsoft will have you believing different but they want that :-)

Maybe it's not spam but you just started advertising without even introducing yourself and you're not even a regular so that's a red card for you :redcard:

:lol:

Meh I am not even going to get into this argument, if people want to lose customers, its their problem not mine.

Seeing as it is just as easy to code a fully working page around W3C standards (and have it working in all 3 browsers) as it is to code around IE's crappy web standards, it makes absoluetly no sense to take the stupid route and be lazy about it.

In fact, the fact you say people should develop for Firefox shows you have no real idea how web coding works, because Firefox is also designed around W3C standards in a similar way to what it is done in Opera.

What kind of a loser is passionate about a browser of all things? All three browsers are free, you don't pay Microsoft for using IE, you don't get extra spam, you don't lose out on anything. Just use one.

And why is this spam thread still here? "Hey guys I have this hard drive, we thought if we make a drive with a phallic shape when seen from the side, people will be stupid enough to buy it. The subliminal suggestion of a penis shaped hard drive would be too much too resist. And since someone that stupid would obviously not know that web storage is dirt cheap and would be delighted to have less space than ofered by free sites, and pay for it."

Marketing people :rolleyes:

Hmm nice ignorant post there cav (before you get excited, no I have not taken you off ignore).

As you are clearly totally ignorant to what I am trying to say (some things never change, heh), I am not commenting about spam, and I do not use all 3 Browsers, just Opera I am merely saying that better support = more customers.

Again, with the comments about web storage, you show your ignorance again. For 1, 200+ Gigabyte hard disks are dirt cheap nowadays, secondly last time I checked no web space ever offered you that amount of storage, and thirdly, can you honestly say you would like to sit there backing up multiple gigabytes of data to a web server via an internet connection that can, at most upload at about 40-50 KB/s